[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O
Just for your info flibblesan, I'm on O2 and my voicemail number is the correct one. I came from Fixed R6 to R8. On the 'Signature not showing in emails' issue I reported last night, it would seem the phone needed a reboot as the signature is now showing in emails! :P I'm not Android expert guys (I'm a Windows Mob convert), but I wonder if some of the issues 'might' be solved with a reboot? Just a suggestion.

Cannot comment on battery life so far but love the Gingerbread 'Battery Circle' in Frankins Theme. Also, I'm a big T9 fan, this rom only includes the Gingerbread Keyboard. I've never used it before but having used my wife's iPhone I find it very similar to that. So far I must say it's winning me over from T9....... I NEVER thought I say that!!!!!

So to recap, even though I'm on O2 I do not need any of the 'fixes' not sure why. Perhaps it's due to coming from 'FIXED R6'?

Anyway, hope that helps some.

As ever, Lovin your work flibblesan.

The only thing I can think of affecting the O2 voicemail was me manually setting the giffgaff voicemail number. Since it shares network with O2 it was sending O2 customers to 443 instead of 901.

Guest Simon O
Hey flibblesan, are you aware of this cosmetic glitch. When display is off and I turn it on, the app that was last used flashes quickly before the time and screenlock comes on, or the screen flickers a bit if no app was previously used. Other Saunalahti Blade users have also reported this. It was in r6 and now in r8 (+r8fix). Is it possible to fix it.

I already noticed new Full timestamps option in Messaging. Yay! But where is the setting for SMS center number? I still haven't found it.

Haven't noticed the flicker myself but I'll keep an eye out for it.

SMS center number should be automatically picked up from your SIM card or network.

Guest mantokoski

I wonder if the screen flicker/flash can be seen only on Saunalahti Blades. But it certainly isn't there with Jellyfish or Saunalahti stock rom. However generally I think FLB is smoother than Jellyfish was on my Blade =)

Yes the SMS center number is picked from SIM card probably and it works. But with some roms or other phones sometimes the center number has been wrong, or there are like 2 numbers and the wrong one is selected by default, so I think it would be good to have that setting.

Guest Frankish

I award this rom the most awesome and completest and stablest SF rom award.

I still want to make it slightly less stable by overclocking though. I wish i knew how so i could help!

Guest Blasphemous
Just for your info flibblesan, I'm on O2 and my voicemail number is the correct one. I came from Fixed R6 to R8. On the 'Signature not showing in emails' issue I reported last night, it would seem the phone needed a reboot as the signature is now showing in emails! :P I'm not Android expert guys (I'm a Windows Mob convert), but I wonder if some of the issues 'might' be solved with a reboot? Just a suggestion.

Cannot comment on battery life so far but love the Gingerbread 'Battery Circle' in Frankins Theme. Also, I'm a big T9 fan, this rom only includes the Gingerbread Keyboard. I've never used it before but having used my wife's iPhone I find it very similar to that. So far I must say it's winning me over from T9....... I NEVER thought I say that!!!!!

So to recap, even though I'm on O2 I do not need any of the 'fixes' not sure why. Perhaps it's due to coming from 'FIXED R6'?

Anyway, hope that helps some.

As ever, Lovin your work flibblesan.

Sorry! I should have said..... Frankish's Gingerbread Theme. My apologies Frankish.

EDIT: I vote with Frankish, this is indeed the most 'awesome and completest and stablest SF rom'.

Your award flibblesan....

award.jpg

Edited by Blasphemous

Guest Simon O
I wonder if the screen flicker/flash can be seen only on Saunalahti Blades. But it certainly isn't there with Jellyfish or Saunalahti stock rom. However generally I think FLB is smoother than Jellyfish was on my Blade =)

Yes the SMS center number is picked from SIM card probably and it works. But with some roms or other phones sometimes the center number has been wrong, or there are like 2 numbers and the wrong one is selected by default, so I think it would be good to have that setting.

GOT IT!

Open the dialer then dial *#*#4636#*#*

Select 'Phone information' then scroll all the way down to the bottom. Find SMSC and enter the number in the box. Press Update to save.

Guest tomatoface

Well done!! Thanks very much I am downloading now.

Can you confirm that the audioboost addon that you did will work OK as it really did improve the sound for me?

Thanks again.

hey guys, hey flibblesan..

Thanks for your effort!

I have a question. Has somebody tried to use Skype with this ROM?

I tried it with JJR7 and it didn't work very well -> it just works with the speaker, so the telephonee hear themselves.

Thanks!

Guest fmacbris

Now on 8a

I can confirm GPS lock is sorted - it is now as quick as it ever was.

Voice search also fixed - thanks

A couple of cosmetic things though:

Pattern lock screen still has "Phone is SIM network subset locked" which is annoying as it takes up two lines.

Battery use details has two buttons near the top "Force Stop" and "Midnight", I think that the second one should say "Feedback" or somehing similar.

Also to people complaining about exposure control on the camera, my experience is that although the radio buttons in the settings popup do not work, tapping the screen gives a slider bar at the top left that does control exposure.

Guest Jackuzy

Hi flibblesan!

R8a is great but one thing from r7 is missing (for me) the reboot options in shutdown menu. That was very helpfull when going to recovery, now it's gone... Was it removed on purpose or is it only a small mistake?

Great ROM Flibble, you deserve that shiny cup! :P

One little cosmetic flaw that's been bugging me for a while.

Love the contacts image fix with the nice borders. However, if you make a contacts shortcut on your homepage (long press/shortcuts/contacts) the borders are not there and the images are slightly stretched vertically. It would be great if you could have the border round the shortcut as well. It worked Seb's Froyo ROMs.

Cheers

Guest Simon O
Well done!! Thanks very much I am downloading now.

Can you confirm that the audioboost addon that you did will work OK as it really did improve the sound for me?

Thanks again.

The ROM should have that added already

Guest Simon O
Hi flibblesan!

R8a is great but one thing from r7 is missing (for me) the reboot options in shutdown menu. That was very helpfull when going to recovery, now it's gone... Was it removed on purpose or is it only a small mistake?

Removed until I can get some assistance adding it to the new android.policy.jar

I'm going to install this ROM this evening - looks so great - thanks in advance flib :P

But.. seems like my last post got lost somehow:

The link in your initial post for the facebook fix is still pointing to the modaco start page.

Edited by tonydl

Guest The Soup Thief
hey guys, hey flibblesan..

Thanks for your effort!

I have a question. Has somebody tried to use Skype with this ROM?

I tried it with JJR7 and it didn't work very well -> it just works with the speaker, so the telephonee hear themselves.

Thanks!

Hiya

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure, but this is down to the Skype app itself - each ROM I've used it on, the sound goes through the loudspeaker making it pretty unusable unless you either keep the volume super low (reducing feedback) or (favourite) use the wired headset

Hi flibblesan!

I think it was removed on purpose. The reboot app is still there though. Just as easy to get into recovery with that. :P

Two observations:

1) When WIFI is ON the mobile network connection turns Off and ON randomly.

Sometimes it will stay turned off for half a min and I have to switch off WIFI to get the mobile network connection back.

2) Although GPS fix is very quick it does not work for my Fancy widget 1.3 (free version downloaded from this forum).

I do get accurate location in maps, ulysee etc. though.

EDIT: Above 2), Fancy widget started working on its own, after restaring Ulysee again and setting my GPS Coarse location.

Edited by Niks10

Guest Simon O
Pattern lock screen still has "Phone is SIM network subset locked" which is annoying as it takes up two lines.

Battery use details has two buttons near the top "Force Stop" and "Midnight", I think that the second one should say "Feedback" or somehing similar.

Also to people complaining about exposure control on the camera, my experience is that although the radio buttons in the settings popup do not work, tapping the screen gives a slider bar at the top left that does control exposure.

Managed to fix that pattern lock message (how I missed it I don't know).

The exposure setting is going to need some serious investigation. I'll have a look this afternoon.

Great ROM Flibble, you deserve that shiny cup! :P

One little cosmetic flaw that's been bugging me for a while.

Love the contacts image fix with the nice borders. However, if you make a contacts shortcut on your homepage (long press/shortcuts/contacts) the borders are not there and the images are slightly stretched vertically. It would be great if you could have the border round the shortcut as well. It worked Seb's Froyo ROMs.

Cheers

Will look at that today.

Guest Simon O
Two observations:

1) When WIFI is ON the mobile network connection turns Off and ON randomly.

Sometimes it will stay turned off for half a min and I have to switch off WIFI to get the mobile network connection back.

Mobile data should be disabled when you are using wifi, or do you mean the actual 2G/3G signal is lost completely?

Mobile data should be disabled when you are using wifi, or do you mean the actual 2G/3G signal is lost completely?

2G/3G signal lost.

When it happened I dialled my landline and phone said, mobile network not available.

Further Update: I have noticed that 2g/3g signal is Only lost when I have Auto Sync ON in power widget and then I turn ON wifi.

Further Update 2: After a second Reboot this problem seems to be vanished as well.

I will report back if I get the same problem again.

Further Update 3: Mobile network (2g/3g signal) lost again. Had to turn wifi OFF to get it back.

This is weird.

Further Update 4: Even though power widget has WIFI switched-off, it seems to reconnect randomly on its OWN, causing sometimes to loose my mobile network connection.

Edited by Niks10

r8 has been replaced with r8a now. Sorry for the silly bugs last night.

steford: Try r8 out and see if that works better for your data?

r8 fix no change. Trying a full r8a now. EDIT: No change

Failing that I could do a full wipe again and r8a from scratch I guess.

EDIT: Still no good so before I do this anything else to try? Situation is this:-

WiFI does not auto connect meaning Wifi Satus icon shows not connected. WiFi is actually connected as I can browse although Settings shows "Obtaining IP address" (I use static IP). Manually hitting connect in settings forces the WiFi strength icon to appear as expected.

GSM signal strength is very low (1 or 0 bars when previously full in my front room)

No 2G/3G data or sign of it. No icon. No data transfer. Have added APN. Reset APN to default. Chosen T-Mobile manually.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

EDIT: Wiped and installed r8a. Still no go. No data with T-Mobile APN selected (nothing is selected by default). Great looking ROM but clearly I can't use it :-(

Edited by Guest

Working really well :P I had the caller ID bug but the patch fixed it fine.

Everything else seems to be fine, AGPS had me located almost instantly. GPS was taking a while to lock but then I downloaded 'GPS Status & Toolbox' which always seems to help and it was locked on in seconds. Wifi good, BT good, market and contacts syncing great

So far I can't find any faults, and it's not even Wednesday!!

Two Questions.

1. Do I gain anything from installing r8a seeing I have the r8fix or shall I just wait for the next release?

2. I miss the data toggle - is there anyway of getting this back?

Edited by Fi5h

Guest targetbsp

Couple of minor things:

When you try to uninstall Android Live Wallpapers 1.0.1 from titanium Backup it says 'Cannot remove system file. Failed to locate the apk file'.

This is no problem for me because obviously I was wanting to remove it anyway. I just thought I'd point it out in case there is something missing that you're expecting to be present.

Secondly, when I try and move apps to SD card it mostly seems to fail the first time and then I tell it to do it again and its fine. Anyone else had that? I don;t have the problem on JJ.