[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Hi all, and regards to flibblesan for the great efforts :P

Just a couple of quick questions that I have ... Sorry if it is discussed already .

1. It is said in the first post that HW acceleration in on , but I get debug.sf.hw=0 when I cat /system/build.prop . Is it enabled via some different method ? I'm currently using r7.

2. Second question is about r7 to r8a upgrade that I'm planning to do soon. I read that there is no need to wipe. Can somebody confirm, that if I make normal clockwork flash my device won't be wiped ? Or there is a different method (not via clockwork let's say) to upgrade with no-wipe ?

Guest targetbsp

1. Odd. Mine's the same but a game I have that requires HW Accel to run smoothly... runs fine. :S

2. I upgraded from 7 to 8 without wipe no problem.

Will look at that today.

Ref. the contacts border issue. Don't bust a gut over it, I think it's a theme problem. Just applied Frankish's GB circle battery theme and your lovely borders in contacts have gone again. D'oh!

I'll try and have a look myself and try and find where the differences are.

Cheers... :P

Guest Simon O
Hi all, and regards to flibblesan for the great efforts :P

Just a couple of quick questions that I have ... Sorry if it is discussed already .

1. It is said in the first post that HW acceleration in on , but I get debug.sf.hw=0 when I cat /system/build.prop . Is it enabled via some different method ? I'm currently using r7.

2. Second question is about r7 to r8a upgrade that I'm planning to do soon. I read that there is no need to wipe. Can somebody confirm, that if I make normal clockwork flash my device won't be wiped ? Or there is a different method (not via clockwork let's say) to upgrade with no-wipe ?

HW acc is enabled. Removing debug.sf.hw=0 from build.prop will default to it being enabled.

Upgrading from r7 to r8a won't wipe your phone.

the link for FB sync in main page doesn't work (it wouldbe a pity to lose the fb syncing guide in this thread..). try with this link instead:

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/323...0/#entry1583246

or this (which isn't great), but it should work:

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/323...lade/page/2273/

or just say the guide is post 2274 of this thread :P

i've just installed r8a, i'll try it for a bit and then come here for feedbacks. thanks for the hard work btw!

Edited by Ficus

Guest Ricksy75
Which version are you running?

re the contacts import from sim card

i did a clean install with version 8 doing a full system wipe and reset as well

does the phone backup save information about wireless keys/emails accounts/gmail account, thanks again

Guest Len Ash

Need to get rid of audioboost... bloody awful distortion at all volume levels. My ringtones and so on sound like sh1t at any volume.

I'll replace the 3 .csv files before my ears revolt... if I can find some!

Otherwise, any idea how to readily disable?

Edited by Len Ash

Guest saturnreturn

I know Google Listen is included in this ROM, but does that mean it is working properly for people?

I've always had issues with Listen on my San Francisco - it seems to have issues managing downloads and playing files. I've read about others that have issues with Listen on SF as well. I never had problems with it on a previous android phone I had (with the same set of podcasts subscribed to), so I don't know what could be causing the issue. Stagefright being disabled?

Guest Simon O
Need to get rid of audioboost... bloody awful distortion at all volume levels. My ringtones and so on sound like sh1t at any volume.

I'll replace the 3 .csv files before my ears revolt... if I can find some!

Otherwise, any idea how to readily disable?

Delete AudioFilter.csv AudioPara4.csv AudioPreProcess.csv to disable the audio boost

Guest Simon O
re the contacts import from sim card

i did a clean install with version 8 doing a full system wipe and reset as well

does the phone backup save information about wireless keys/emails accounts/gmail account, thanks again

Just tested the SIM import again and it works fine. Either hold your finger down on a contact to import or press menu then import all.

Guest Ricksy75
Just tested the SIM import again and it works fine. Either hold your finger down on a contact to import or press menu then import all.

Thank you for the reply

tried that and it doesnt do anything, have just looked in apps and contacts contains some data will clear and ttry again, meanwhile will try new 8a version over top of existing v8

Guest Len Ash
Delete AudioFilter.csv AudioPara4.csv AudioPreProcess.csv to disable the audio boost

OK - I think the reason for the distortion is that the kernel now has a form of audio boost integrated within. So the distortion is "gain on gain" causing nasty clipping.

Guest BillBong

I've been playing with v8 for a few hours - seems a great piece of work. Very responsive and stable so far. I've had a problem with set-CPU force-closing on me pretty regularly but I think this might be because I put the APK in the system directory before installing. I'm going to wipe/install v8a and then install set CPU to see how this goes .

I know there was an issue with the smart dialler before but is there any way of getting the T9/Smart dialler running on this?

Guest DrEzkimo
Thank you for the reply

tried that and it doesnt do anything, have just looked in apps and contacts contains some data will clear and ttry again, meanwhile will try new 8a version over top of existing v8

I have the same issue, im going to wipe and try :P

edit: yeah a quick wipe and reinstall of 8a fixes all my contact importing issues :D

Edited by DrEzkimo

Guest imhappy

Hi,

Great work on the ROM from what I have read so far.

I would like to update my phone to r8a from r2.

Can anyone please suggest if I need any partitioning for this?

Thanks very much and keep up the good work.

Guest Movisman

Hi guys,

Couple of quick questions,

With the 3rd party APK's built into the ROM (eg. facebook, twitter) will these still auto update in the market, as they don't display in the 'my apps' bit? Or do you need to update them manually?

And one for Flibblesan:

Hi Flibblesan,

Thanks for the help with this. I have tried the above steps, but still have the same issue.

Just to clarify my messaging app only shows me contacts with phones too (like you say above) - but it also shows me facebook contacts who have mobile numbers, but these people are not in my existing google contacts so it shouldn't be showing them (as sync with existing contacts is enabled). Does that make any sense?

Many Thanks

Facebook / messaging issue. Not 100% sure if this is resolved but I'll test it tomorrow some more

Did you have any luck looking into this issue?

Many Thanks

Guest tomatoface
The ROM should have that added already

Thanks this ROM is superb so far no problems and the audio sounding superb for me in poweramp no distortion at all!

One thing I've noticed in contacts is that groups are no longer displayed. I'm using Gmail stored contacts and they was an option in earlier versions to see these but oddly enough if i search then they are seen and can be dialled if that makes sense.

Thanks again.

Guest Matthew Ferguson

Can I remove them with root explorer, or do I have to remove them from the zip?

EDIT: Just to double check, they're in etc right?

Edited by Matthew Ferguson

Guest Simon O
Hi guys,

Couple of quick questions,

With the 3rd party APK's built into the ROM (eg. facebook, twitter) will these still auto update in the market, as they don't display in the 'my apps' bit? Or do you need to update them manually?

And one for Flibblesan:

Did you have any luck looking into this issue?

Many Thanks

Yes the 3rd party apps will update fine.

I looked at the Facebook contacts showing in MMS issue you reported and the only thing I can find out is that if the Facebook contact has a mobile number on their contact then they will show up in the messaging application. Nothing seems to indicate this is incorrect behavior

Guest Simon O
Can I remove them with root explorer, or do I have to remove them from the zip?

EDIT: Just to double check, they're in etc right?

Yes either root explorer or delete from the zip and flash. The files are in /system/etc/

Guest Simon O
One thing I've noticed in contacts is that groups are no longer displayed. I'm using Gmail stored contacts and they was an option in earlier versions to see these but oddly enough if i search then they are seen and can be dialled if that makes sense.

Thanks again.

Groups aren't available in the stock contacts app. I'll look into adding support.