[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest Matthew Ferguson
Yes either root explorer or delete from the zip and flash. The files are in /system/etc/

Hmm, distortion seems to still be there. I've been noticing this since JJ RLS2, (but I haven't used your ROM pre r6) so it can't be a new kernel issue. I never had it in MCR 4. Any ideas?

Edited by Matthew Ferguson

Guest Stevvie

Updated from 8 to 8a and now in messages all the contacts are showing their number and NOT their names and faces. In 8 all messages showed contact names and faces now in 8a they have NO pictures and show only their numbers. Going back from 8a to 8 didn't fix the problem, ALL messages now show number only.

Dooh slightly user error, it seems that when updating from 8 to 8a it actually WIPES all of your contacts and you have to restore them. It might be nice to add a warning saying to backup your contacts first as not everybody backsup as often as they should :P

Edited by Stevvie

Guest BillBong

I'm just slimming down the slim version a little more. Which APK do I remove for the "Reboot" widget - I use Quickboot which has this included and I can't see a way to uninstall the Reboot one packaged in the rom.

Also is DiallerOne the best T9 alternative?

Thanks

Guest Movisman
Yes the 3rd party apps will update fine.

I looked at the Facebook contacts showing in MMS issue you reported and the only thing I can find out is that if the Facebook contact has a mobile number on their contact then they will show up in the messaging application. Nothing seems to indicate this is incorrect behavior

Hi,

Ok no problem, thanks for looking into this.

It does seem odd though, as you'd think that 'sync with existing contacts' would mean it shouldn't display the Facebook contacts which are not in your google contact list. Then it would be consistent with the contacts application. Perhaps the stock MMS application simply ignores or isn't aware of which sync setting you choose in Facebook, so it displays all contacts with phone numbers, whether it's google or Facebook. I'm not sure but it's only a minor quirk in reality so it's not particularly important.

On a side note, does anyone know, when you update a ROM does it wipe the battery stats? I'm going to update to r8a shortly from r7a, but my battery isn't full. Is it best practice to charge this up to the top before updating? When doing a full wipe I always make sure battery is fully charged but not sure if it's necessary when just updating.

Thanks!

Guest Simon O
Hi,

Ok no problem, thanks for looking into this.

It does seem odd though, as you'd think that 'sync with existing contacts' would mean it shouldn't display the Facebook contacts which are not in your google contact list. Then it would be consistent with the contacts application. Perhaps the stock MMS application simply ignores or isn't aware of which sync setting you choose in Facebook, so it displays all contacts with phone numbers, whether it's google or Facebook. I'm not sure but it's only a minor quirk in reality so it's not particularly important.

On a side note, does anyone know, when you update a ROM does it wipe the battery stats? I'm going to update to r8a shortly from r7a, but my battery isn't full. Is it best practice to charge this up to the top before updating? When doing a full wipe I always make sure battery is fully charged but not sure if it's necessary when just updating.

Thanks!

I must admit it's stupid. I can only assume the phone actually syncs all facebook contacts then hides those that don't match your contacts. Would be very nice if the messaging app respected the choice.. I'll try to hunt a fix down.

I'm not totally sure about battery stats. Hopefully somebody who does know can explain it :P

Guest strumluff

Hi flibble, great to see you're back!! I'm running the initial r6 version but I made the fixes that were in r6a myself (notably the updated contactsprovider.apk and wifi file). Would that make it okay to update to r8a without wipe?

Cheers!

Guest wishmasterf
Hi flibble, great to see you're back!! I'm running the initial r6 version but I made the fixes that were in r6a myself (notably the updated contactsprovider.apk and wifi file). Would that make it okay to update to r8a without wipe?

Cheers!

I had r6 with manually applied the r6a fixes

1. i installed r6a, rebooted after first boot
  2. installed r8a, rebooted after first boot
  3. installed Gingerbread theme for r8a.
yet i get everytime i boot my phone or open market following error message: "Tut uns leid! Die Anwendung Market (Prozess com.android.vending) wurde unerwartet beendet. Versuchen sie es erneut (german)" (english: I am Sorry! The application Market (Process com.android.vending) unexpected aborted. Try again (translated my me).

How do i fix that?

Edited by wishmasterf

Guest Matthew Ferguson
I'm just slimming down the slim version a little more. Which APK do I remove for the "Reboot" widget - I use Quickboot which has this included and I can't see a way to uninstall the Reboot one packaged in the rom.

Also is DiallerOne the best T9 alternative?

Thanks

com.modaco.reboot.apk (or something like that) in app is what you remove. Dialer One is the best T9 alternative.

Guest Matthew Ferguson
I had r6 with manually applied the r6a fixes
  1. i installed r6a, rebooted after first boot
  2. installed r8a, rebooted after first boot
  3. installed Gingerbread theme for r8a.
yet i get everytime i boot my phone or open market following error message: "Tut uns leid! Die Anwendung Market (Prozess com.android.vending) wurde unerwartet beendet. Versuchen sie es erneut (german)" (english: I am Sorry! The application Market (Process com.android.vending) unexpected aborted. Try again (translated my me).

How do i fix that?

I got this after making a backup then restoring it. Try flashing 8a again, it fixed it for me! :P

Guest Rooster#1

Just about to jump in and upgrade to this ROM... I have the OLED version (UK)

Can I use :

"Slim version for TPT users (no Facebook, Listen, Maps, Quickoffice, Twitter)

Download: flb-froyo-blade-r8a-slim.zip mirror (81 MB) MD5: 2E62B85AD9F360E6441209BF6053171E "

AS I dont need the bits that have been removed ! I intend to use Clockwork...

Thanks

Guest targetbsp

Yeah, I used it no problem because I don't want those apps either. It's there for people that have previously used TPT to reduce the size of the system partition and so can't fit the full sized rom on. But yes I installed it with clockwork on a phone that's never seen TPT.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Movisman
I must admit it's stupid. I can only assume the phone actually syncs all facebook contacts then hides those that don't match your contacts. Would be very nice if the messaging app respected the choice.. I'll try to hunt a fix down.

I'm not totally sure about battery stats. Hopefully somebody who does know can explain it :P

Great, many thanks. Yeah agreed that it's a bit silly that the messaging app doesn't work in the same way, hopefully you can find a fix for it.

Just updated to r8a with the GB theme by the way. All smooth and no issues so far doing a straight update from r7a.

Cheers

Guest wishmasterf
I got this after making a backup then restoring it. Try flashing 8a again, it fixed it for me! :P

i reflashed r8a. still the same problem. I seems that the gingerbread theme broke anything.... :-(

Guest andycanada
Just about to jump in and upgrade to this ROM... I have the OLED version (UK)

Can I use :

"Slim version for TPT users (no Facebook, Listen, Maps, Quickoffice, Twitter)

Download: flb-froyo-blade-r8a-slim.zip mirror (81 MB) MD5: 2E62B85AD9F360E6441209BF6053171E "

AS I dont need the bits that have been removed ! I intend to use Clockwork...

Thanks

yes you can

Guest Movisman
When you try to uninstall Android Live Wallpapers 1.0.1 from titanium Backup it says 'Cannot remove system file. Failed to locate the apk file'.

This is no problem for me because obviously I was wanting to remove it anyway. I just thought I'd point it out in case there is something missing that you're expecting to be present.

I just got this too after moving to r8a, not an issue but thought i'd mention it.

In r7a though I had two entries, Android Live Wallpapers 1.0.1 and Android Live Wallpapers 2.2.1 - r8a only has 1.0.1 listed in Titanium for some reason.

Guest Simon O
I just got this too after moving to r8a, not an issue but thought i'd mention it.

In r7a though I had two entries, Android Live Wallpapers 1.0.1 and Android Live Wallpapers 2.2.1 - r8a only has 1.0.1 listed in Titanium for some reason.

Will do until you install the gingerbread pack.

Guest Movisman
Will do until you install the gingerbread pack.

I have installed the gingerbread pack, but in Titanium only 1.0.1 is listed, there is no 2.2.1. I've rebooted a couple of times just in case.

I've also got two listings for car home (2.2 and 2.2.1) and two for Sound Recorder (1.2.1 and 2.2.2) - is this Titanium listing old apps? I have refreshed the list.

Thanks

Guest Ydnaroo

Hi

Firstly, thank you to fibblescan for all the fantastic work. :P A couple of pints will be on it's way to you when I get my Google Checkout sorted.

I definitely don't want Twitter or Facebook, (it's an age thing!), can I just remove the two .apk files from /system/app/ in the image before install or are there other things or files that have to be moved or changed?

Cheers - Y

Guest Simon O
I have installed the gingerbread pack, but in Titanium only 1.0.1 is listed, there is no 2.2.1. I've rebooted a couple of times just in case.

I've also got two listings for car home (2.2 and 2.2.1) and two for Sound Recorder (1.2.1 and 2.2.2) - is this Titanium listing old apps? I have refreshed the list.

Thanks

It's correct about car home and sound recorder. Two of them are wrappers.

Guest Movisman
It's correct about car home and sound recorder. Two of them are wrappers.

Gotcha, that makes sense.

The wallpaper though, 1.0.1 is the only one listed and Titanium can't remove it, very odd.

In r7a I had 1.0.1 and 2.2.1 listed in Titanium, so not sure where the other one is since upgrading to r8a?

Thanks

Guest Movisman
Hi

Firstly, thank you to fibblescan for all the fantastic work. :P A couple of pints will be on it's way to you when I get my Google Checkout sorted.

I definitely don't want Twitter or Facebook, (it's an age thing!), can I just remove the two .apk files from /system/app/ in the image before install or are there other things or files that have to be moved or changed?

Cheers - Y

You can just remove them from /system/app/ before installing. That's what i've done in the past with no issue.

Guest SWOriginal

@Flibblesan - It looks like the gingerbread livewallpaper your using is the wrong resolution, Here's one that ive been using LiveWallpapers.zip (renamed to .zip for the sake of uploading)

Its ripped from a device but i cannot remember which, it does look ALLOT better than the one currently included

Edited by SWOriginal