[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest SWOriginal
Do anyone know why games from gameloft not working on r8a its seems to intro not playing? Games like assassination creed or hero of sparta those games works on r5 before

you need to enable stagefright to play any gameloft games - edit build.prop in /system/... anything related to stagefright which is followed by "false" needs to say "true" EXCEPT FOR stagefright- "http" which needs to remain false

I think the best solution would be to have Settings.apk with data toggle instead of sync too.

I would vote for this :P

I wonder if there is a way to add a setting to the Settings.apk to choose 5 or 6 buttons in the power widget. :D

A great option if that's possible

Am I being dense, or if people don't like the options on power control can they not download an alternative from market such as widgetsoid? Always gonna be someone moaning otherwise!

For data I prefer the native app as it actually toggles the setting. The widgetoid version uses a workaround to rename the APN. As far as I understand it apps are not allowed to toggle data direct.

I also use widgetzoid too, for all the other toggles :P

Edited by Fi5h

Hi,

Relatively new to all this, so stick with me. I was on Japanese Jellyfish previously, but decided to change to your ROM. Installed perfectly. Everything works as intended, with two exceptions

1. Text messaging. I can receive and send text messages without difficult...but try to do anything else with any of my SMS apps (look at history etc) and they all force close. I've tried Go SMS, Handcent, ChompSMS and the messaging app on the phone (version 2.2.1) and the same problem persists with all.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this problem

2. My Swiftkey keyboard won't work. Ticked or unticked in keyboard settings....no difference. Gingerbread keyboard seems to be locked in as only keyboard I can use.

Any help anyone could give me on this would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Guest Simon O
Hi,

Relatively new to all this, so stick with me. I was on Japanese Jellyfish previously, but decided to change to your ROM. Installed perfectly. Everything works as intended, with two exceptions

1. Text messaging. I can receive and send text messages without difficult...but try to do anything else with any of my SMS apps (look at history etc) and they all force close. I've tried Go SMS, Handcent, ChompSMS and the messaging app on the phone (version 2.2.1) and the same problem persists with all.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this problem

2. My Swiftkey keyboard won't work. Ticked or unticked in keyboard settings....no difference. Gingerbread keyboard seems to be locked in as only keyboard I can use.

Any help anyone could give me on this would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Both of these working here. Did you run the swiftkey setup again to make sure it's set up correctly? Also did you hold your finger down on a text entry box to switch to swiftkey?

Both of these working here. Did you run the swiftkey setup again to make sure it's set up correctly? Also did you hold your finger down on a text entry box to switch to swiftkey?

Great....that's swiftkey working!!

Any ideas on the text message side of the house. Could something have happened when I copied my jellyfish data across using Titanium....maybe? Is there something that underpins all text messaging apps which could be corrupted?

Thanks for 'swift' response.....see what I did there!

Guest Simon O
Great....that's swiftkey working!!

Any ideas on the text message side of the house. Could something have happened when I copied my jellyfish data across using Titanium....maybe? Is there something that underpins all text messaging apps which could be corrupted?

Thanks for 'swift' response.....see what I did there!

It might be something to do with moving data with titanium. I always find that it manages to screw things up moving between roms.

Guest Movisman
Just wanted to add that having upgraded to R8A from R6->R7-R7a that I have absolutely no problems what-so-ever.

I love everything in this ROM and unless people find bugs I don't think you should be changing it back and forth for the people who do/don't want the data toggle in the settings.

Like someone said above, if you want these options get Widgetsoid from the market for FREE! This is what I use.

Flib has said in the first post that this ROM is made for speed and a vanilla experience. Something that I can confirm and really appreciate.

Also one last thing; the battery life on all your ROMS (but especially this one) are fantastic. On MCR 2.1 I used to get 1 to 1.5 days use. I now get 3 to 4. Amazing!

Thanks again, Flib. And please don't worry or stress about these people wanting this that and the other.

+1 on this. Bugs first, feature requests later :P

I've not been running FLB for that long (only a week) but so far it has been excellent, it's fast and appears to be very stable. Personally I prefer the 'vanilla' experience too.

Talking of bugs - this may just be me but if you open an attachment from within the gmail app which opens with quickoffice (in this case it was quickpdf), once you've read it and pressed the back button the email just stays on 'loading' with a circle progress bar going round and round. You have to close it or skip to the next message then back again - then it reloads. Extremely minor quirk though.

Cheers

Hi guys, just update from r6 to r8a. As stable as r6 and seems faster. Great FLB!

One question only, does anyone know to add the greek language for the gingerbread keyboard. I have done some searching but no luck so far.

If this isn't possible are there any proposals for an alternative keyboard. I was using touchpal with greekpack but it is crashing in this version.

Thanks.

Guest m_w_clarke
It might be something to do with moving data with titanium. I always find that it manages to screw things up moving between roms.

I agree. Titanium always messes up my tests. I find I'm better of only restoring apps with data with Titanium.

I backup my SMS using "SMS Backup +" from the Market. Then use that to restore.

Try using that to backup and then do a wipe and then do a restore, maybe?

Guest Movisman

I agree with this. Whilst I haven't moved any data from other ROM's (apart from Angry Birds) I find Titanium freezes on me a fair bit when removing apps or when it requests root permissions. Apparently a lot of these issues are resolved with the 'paid' version, but they aren't really selling it to me... :P

Edited by Movisman

Thanks....would you suggest.....just re-install....but don't copy data?

Guest Baggy Pipes

Upgraded from r7a to r8a with no wipe or reset. Seems very smooth and GPS now sorted.

I'm still getting the problem of not able to set/use notification for new SMS and incoming call to vibrate only (already posted this a few pages back).

Am I the only person getting this?

I installed the Gingerbread theme straight away. Is it to do with that?

Is there any way of uninstalling the Gingerbread theme without doing a full wipe so that I can try this out?

Edited by Baggy Pipes

you need to enable stagefright to play any gameloft games - edit build.prop in /system/... anything related to stagefright which is followed by "false" needs to say "true" EXCEPT FOR stagefright- "http" which needs to remain false

Thanks so much for helping me it works now

Edited by klewa1

Guest wishmasterf
Oh I think I know whats causing it. I'm using a script from Paul which replaces some icons in apps. One of them is the market.

/system/etc/init.d/80vending

If you're not that bothered about the icons being changed then you can remove the scripts from the zip before flashing.

Sorry they are causing problems for you.

Update: Uploaded a version of the theme pack without these scripts.

Thank you very much! it works. I only have 1 problem. Some apps on my sdcard are not working anymore :-( . Do you have an idea why that happened?

Guest Rotmann
Thanks....would you suggest.....just re-install....but don't copy data?

Restore only user apps + data, no system apps as they may not be compatible between ROMs and FC.

Guest Baggy Pipes

Apart from not being able to set/use vibrate only on incoming SMS (still no feeback from members as to whether this works for others!) I also have no option for 'quick text' in an SMS. Is this a Froyo thing or just mine again?

Edited by Baggy Pipes

Guest The_Duck

Hi All,

I have been lurking in this thread for about a month now and watching jealously as you guys in Europe get to play with all the new toys.

Having a brother in the UK has paid off in that he just shipped me a Blade for my birthday !! Thanks Bro !

So it is one of the OLED variety and it came rooted, unlocked, and Flibblesan's R6 ROM pre-installed. Gotta love that.

I would like to upgrade the ROM to R8a before I start to really use the phone but I have come up against a fairly fundamental issue.. I can see the phone in Device Mangler but the drivers will not install.

I get a "Windows was unable to install your ZTE HSUSB Device. Windows could not find driver software for your device."

I have downloaded the drivers from Flibblesan's post with the usb_drivers.zip as well as another post with a win7 customised package. Neither seems to work.

Is there some trick to get win7 64bit to install drivers correctly ?

Duck

Guest Simon O
Apart from not being able to set/use vibrate only on incoming SMS (still no feeback from members as to whether this works for others!) I also have no option for 'quick text' in an SMS. Is this a Froyo thing or just mine again?

SMS app. Vibrate only seems to work fine but it's not as straight forward to set up.

Open Mms. Press menu then go to Settings. Scroll to Notification settings. Select ringtone - Silent. Vibrate - Always.

This will vibrate the phone when you have a text but won't make a noise. Be aware that you can only change the rington if your phone is not in silent mode.

As for quick message.. not sure what that is? Can you explain please.

Guest Simon O
Hi All,

I have been lurking in this thread for about a month now and watching jealously as you guys in Europe get to play with all the new toys.

Having a brother in the UK has paid off in that he just shipped me a Blade for my birthday !! Thanks Bro !

So it is one of the OLED variety and it came rooted, unlocked, and Flibblesan's R6 ROM pre-installed. Gotta love that.

I would like to upgrade the ROM to R8a before I start to really use the phone but I have come up against a fairly fundamental issue.. I can see the phone in Device Mangler but the drivers will not install.

I get a "Windows was unable to install your ZTE HSUSB Device. Windows could not find driver software for your device."

I have downloaded the drivers from Flibblesan's post with the usb_drivers.zip as well as another post with a win7 customised package. Neither seems to work.

Is there some trick to get win7 64bit to install drivers correctly ?

Duck

Yep. Open the device manager. Find the phone listed (should be about 4 times). Select one, right-click, properties. Driver tab then Update driver. Select browse my computer, then Let Me Pick. Select Have disk, browse to the folder with the drivers then click ok. the driver will be listed. select the ZTE device and windows will complain it's not for the hardware. Let it install anyway. Do the same for all the others with the same driver. Now it'll work.

Guest Simon O

Things to come soon:

Overclocked kernel using the code kallt_kaffe kindly released. I've tested it and it seems to work fine although my phone doesn't like going higher than 720MHz :P

fix for the 2g/3g signal bars.

Guest The_Duck
Yep. Open the device manager. Find the phone listed (should be about 4 times). Select one, right-click, properties. Driver tab then Update driver. Select browse my computer, then Let Me Pick. Select Have disk, browse to the folder with the drivers then click ok. the driver will be listed. select the ZTE device and windows will complain it's not for the hardware. Let it install anyway. Do the same for all the others with the same driver. Now it'll work.

Hi Flibblesan,

Yep I have tried that but windows doesn't complain that it is not for the device.. it just goes straight to "Could not find driver software for your device".

Do I need to flip some switch to tell Windows to install drivers even if they are unsigned ?

Duck

Guest Baggy Pipes
SMS app. Vibrate only seems to work fine but it's not as straight forward to set up.

Open Mms. Press menu then go to Settings. Scroll to Notification settings. Select ringtone - Silent. Vibrate - Always.

This will vibrate the phone when you have a text but won't make a noise. Be aware that you can only change the rington if your phone is not in silent mode.

As for quick message.. not sure what that is? Can you explain please.

Thanks Flib. That's cured the vibrate on incoming text. I'm sure it's helped more than just me, although nobody else seemed to have raised the issue. Commonly used settings in Froyo seem to have got deeper and deeper into menus don't you think?

Quick Text is where you have preset texts, initially already setup, which you can modify to whatevery you want like - 'Call me back please'. When in a SMS thread in 2.1 it used to be under Message - Menu button - Quick Text. The same location as 'Insert Smiley' is. It's no longer there. Probably deeper in too, making it not worth the 20 key strokes to use it!

Edited by Baggy Pipes

Guest knoedel
Things to come soon:

fix for the 2g/3g signal bars.

Hi flibblesan,

will this resolve the issue with losing GSM signal when using wifi? Or is that another fix?

After all you do a great job here in the forum. Thanks for all your work here!