[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest zaphan58

I'm having a problem where the screen is always on unless I press the power button to make it sleep. It's set to 30 second screen timeout in the display settings but that doesn't seem to be working?

Guest The Soup Thief

Not sure if this is down to WidgetPicker, but I find when I go to add certain widgets on the home screen that they are unavailable in the Choose Widget list, eg, though calendar and lots of others are there things like Widgetsoid and Traffic Monitor (both of which are installed, and visible in the task drawer) which I would have used a lot on MCR r11 are unavailable

Guest Simon O
Not sure if this is down to WidgetPicker, but I find when I go to add certain widgets on the home screen that they are unavailable in the Choose Widget list, eg, though calendar and lots of others are there things like Widgetsoid and Traffic Monitor (both of which are installed, and visible in the task drawer) which I would have used a lot on MCR r11 are unavailable

Try removing widgetpicket and see if the missing widgets are showing up?

Guest wishmasterf

I used clokwork to backup r8a. after restoring only the flashing X (startupscreen) is showing also after 10 minutes... backup of r8a not possible?

Guest DrEzkimo
I used clokwork to backup r8a. after restoring only the flashing X (startupscreen) is showing also after 10 minutes... backup of r8a not possible?

take out battery and reboot

Guest 321_321

@everyone with battery issues after flashing a new rom:

Always recalibrate your battery after flashing a new rom as described here: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...bration-protip/

With that I got 3 days of normal use 3G activated, no wifi,... and still got around 15% battery left (FLB-Froyo G2 R7).

@fibblesan: You finally have Google checkout for donating! Great! 10 uk pounds are one their way. :P

Guest The Soup Thief
Try removing widgetpicket and see if the missing widgets are showing up?

Sorry - I misled you. I didn't install widgetpicker - after searching this thread for "widgets" I found a post from you suggesting widgetpicker was packaged with the ROM - I think it must have been a previous version though

I've searched and I definitely don't seem to have it installed. But still these widgets don't appear when I go to choose widget...

WELL SCREW ME!

Correct that - they do - it's my fault. I was messing about with A2SD+ and installed a bunch of apps to the sd. Figured that was why these apps' widgets weren't available so I moved them from the sd back to system memory, to see if they would become available. It didn't make any difference at the time, but now an hour Widgetsoid has appeared in the widget list! All a bit odd, but I'm not going to complain

Still not able to get A2SD+ working so well but I can live without a bunch of bloated crappy games taking up space

Thanks

EDIT: Having said the above, traffic monitor's still not appearing in the widget list, but I'm guessing it will show up at some point as did WIdgetsoid

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest wishmasterf
take out battery and reboot

thanks for your answer.

tried that but without success.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Edited by wishmasterf

Guest SpeRator

Hmm using CW 3.0.0.5 and FLB r8a. Ive wiped cache partion, data/factory and dalvaik cache. Then i formated the SD with CW and make ext with CW (256MB). Ive copy the r8a on SD and install with CW. Now i want to install Fancy Widget and the device is rebooting. Whats wrong?

Edit:

Solved - I Have forgotten to format ext after creating ext. ;-)

Edited by SpeRator

Ive tried searching the Forum (and google) for "FLB Circle Battery" - but I cant seem to find a flashable add on to enable a circle indicator on FLB Froyo G2. I can find a link to the site http://circle.glx.nl/ but at the end of the wizard it asks which framework is being used and Im not sure which is the correct one to select ?

Im keen to switch to FLB in the hope that battery life will exceed the 1 day I get off JJ8 which Im currently running on my Blade.

Is there a flashable zip update which can be used to enable a circle battery on the FLB G2 ROM ? If there is, could someone please post the link ? If there isnt, could someone please advise the correct framework option to select on the http://circle.glx.nl/ website wizard (assuming it works with FLB 8a) ?

Thanks.

Guest Davie1888

Thanks again flibblesan for the r8a update now got the near perfect rom for my SF, just waiting for the signal fix and that's me sorted.

Sent a donation to show my appreciation.

Edited by Davie1888

Guest Matthew Ferguson

I don't know if it's just me, but I'm having an issue where if I try and send an email from my hotmail account (set up via exchange) it will stay in my outbox, and after a few attempts of pressing the "Send Outgoing Mail" button, it still won't send and I get an "Unable to connect to server" error message. I upgraded from R7a and am on r8a, I've not got the gb theme.

Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: Turns out hotmail had temporaily suspended me from sending emails, my bad :P

Edited by Matthew Ferguson

Also whenever you install a new ROM you must ensure you give the phone a full charge with the power adapter. USB doesn't fully charge the battery.

Uh really? I have the USB cable only ..

Guest Len Ash
Uh really? I have the USB cable only ..

It does fully charge it... I use works PC, home PC and car charger. All charge to 100% and I haven't ever used the mains charger...

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Simon O
Sorry - I misled you. I didn't install widgetpicker - after searching this thread for "widgets" I found a post from you suggesting widgetpicker was packaged with the ROM - I think it must have been a previous version though

I've searched and I definitely don't seem to have it installed. But still these widgets don't appear when I go to choose widget...

WELL SCREW ME!

Correct that - they do - it's my fault. I was messing about with A2SD+ and installed a bunch of apps to the sd. Figured that was why these apps' widgets weren't available so I moved them from the sd back to system memory, to see if they would become available. It didn't make any difference at the time, but now an hour Widgetsoid has appeared in the widget list! All a bit odd, but I'm not going to complain

Still not able to get A2SD+ working so well but I can live without a bunch of bloated crappy games taking up space

Thanks

EDIT: Having said the above, traffic monitor's still not appearing in the widget list, but I'm guessing it will show up at some point as did WIdgetsoid

Which A2SD+ script are you trying to use?

Guest Simon O
It does fully charge it... I use works PC, home PC and car charger. All charge to 100% and I haven't ever used the mains charger...

Oh ok. I read elsewhere than USB doesn't fully charge.

Guest oldfella

excellent ROM, many thanks for all your effort

only issue I have is WIFI doesnt find the local router as the SSID is hidden, turn discovery on and it finds it immediately.

not a big problem but I would prefer if it could be hidden

thanks again !!

Guest The Soup Thief
Which A2SD+ script are you trying to use?

I used the directions from the final part of ztedd's guide here

Currently I only have about 80mb of space taken up by apps in my EXT sd partition (from Quick System Info Pro), with 420mb free there

I'll have another go hammering in the script and let you know if there's any change

Thanks

Guest crazyfool_1

I may have found a bug.

I upgraded last night from a much older 2.2 flb-froyo (I wiped first). Everything is working great although I have sent a number of texts today using the standard messaging app which have come back saying not sent but have in actual fact sent because people are replying to them. I only just switched to giffgaff today some I'm not sure if its the network or the rom. Anyone else had this issue?

Guest The Soup Thief
I used the directions from the final part of ztedd's guide here

Currently I only have about 80mb of space taken up by apps in my EXT sd partition (from Quick System Info Pro), with 420mb free there

I'll have another go hammering in the script and let you know if there's any change

Thanks

OK - well that's reclaimed some memory, but not that much - there's now about 160mb of apps on my sd card

Still not so much moving there as under Paul's script for MCR r11 (nigh on 300mb shifted over - I've a partition of 528 set aside for A2SD - I forget how I came to that strange number)

I may have found a bug.

I upgraded last night from a much older 2.2 flb-froyo (I wiped first). Everything is working great although I have sent a number of texts today using the standard messaging app which have come back saying not sent but have in actual fact sent because people are replying to them. I only just switched to giffgaff today some I'm not sure if its the network or the rom. Anyone else had this issue?

Yeah, this is happening to me as well. I'm also on giffgaff. Maybe it's the network.

Anyone else?

Guest Redflake
I may have found a bug.

Have you downloaded the giffgaff app from the market and used to set the correct apn settings. I am on giffgaff and have had no problems.

Great rom by the way flibblesan.

Keep up the good work.

:P

Guest crazyfool_1
Have you downloaded the giffgaff app from the market and used to set the correct apn settings. I am on giffgaff and have had no problems.

Great rom by the way flibblesan.

Keep up the good work.

:P

I'll try that but if it is sending the messages evn though its reporting it isn't then wouldn't this mean the apn settings are correct?