[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest Geoff_UK

Flib,

AWSOME

Just upgraded from r6 with the fixes added before the "official r6 fix" - needed a full wipe, but it works GREAT.

Seems much smoother and faster than r6 and I can't find any problems with it.

Keep up the good work.

Geoff

Guest RottenFoxBreath
excellent ROM, many thanks for all your effort

only issue I have is WIFI doesnt find the local router as the SSID is hidden, turn discovery on and it finds it immediately.

not a big problem but I would prefer if it could be hidden

thanks again !!

V7 wouldn't find the hidden ssid of a router, but 8a does it quicker than previous version 6(fixed or not.)

Hi Flibblesan,

Great ROM as always!

Couple of issues I've found with R8a:

1. Wifi keeps disconnecting when the screen is off, even though WIFI SLEEP POLICY= NEVER, was fine on R6

2. Tank Hero forces close, was working on R6.

I've recently updated without wiping/ starting fresh from R6->R7->R7a->R8a

Apart from that, an absolute revelation for the ZTE Blade.

Thanks!!!!!!

Guest Blasphemous

Is there a 'Wallpaper' thread anywhere or wallpapers anywhere someone could recommend? Just having a play and thought about putting some extra wallpapers on.

Guest Baggy Pipes
I may have found a bug.

I upgraded last night from a much older 2.2 flb-froyo (I wiped first). Everything is working great although I have sent a number of texts today using the standard messaging app which have come back saying not sent but have in actual fact sent because people are replying to them. I only just switched to giffgaff today some I'm not sure if its the network or the rom. Anyone else had this issue?

I'm on giffgaff.

Updated my APN using the giffgaff app which solved the connecting to server problems this morning.

I've had several messages saying unable to send earlier this evening, even though they had sent. (Sat next to recipient to test!)

On this subject - In 2.1, when a message was unsent you used to be able to long click on the message and select 'Retry Send'. That option is no longer there!

Guest fredfox_uk
thanks for your answer.

tried that but without success.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

I had this, but I wiped everything using recovery (despite thinking I'd done it before) and then re-booted. Worked fine then.

Guest mantokoski

How about the setting Turn to forbid phone ring, FLB-Froyo doesn't have it, but JapJelly has? I think it would be very nice feature, if use of the sensor doesn't screw battery life...

The screen brightness under auto needs recalibrating too... the scaling is wrong (certainly on the OLED version) and seems odd on the TFT too. The screen is generally too bright for the ambient conditions. I suspect the V/X880 phones use a different sensor and this has not been taken in to account.

With Saunalahti Blade (TFT) I think now the screen auto brightness is good. With 2.1 Saunalahti rom I thought it went too dark in indoor use.

Edited by mantokoski

I haven't tried Tank Hero, but for me Air Traffic Lite closes (with no force close dialog box) after about 15 seconds of play, on R8a.

2. Tank Hero forces close, was working on R6.

I haven't tried Tank Hero, but for me Air Traffic Lite closes (with no force close dialog box) after about 15 seconds of play, on R8a.

That's a well known one on other ROMs as well. Try 'Flight Director Lite' instead. Much nicer IMO and doesn't crash (except the planes :P ).

excellent ROM, many thanks for all your effort

only issue I have is WIFI doesnt find the local router as the SSID is hidden, turn discovery on and it finds it immediately.

not a big problem but I would prefer if it could be hidden

thanks again !!

There's no real use in hiding your SSID.

Have a look here: http://lifehacker.com/#!5636856/is-hid...lly-more-secure

Link for mobile: http://m.lifehacker.com/5636856/is-hiding-...lly-more-secure

Guest spanner44

Just got my San Fran from having a pulse for a while, and installed your Rom straight away after seeing your work with the pulse, it seemed an obvious choice. Keep up the good work.

Guest Rooster#1

Well, after a bit of sweat (forgot to delete the cache etc... phone was booting for 25 mins before the penny dropped !) I have it installed, with little issue - APART from a contacts thing - not sure if this is related to the ROM though :P

ALL my contacts were saved to the SIM, and then imported once the new ROM was running, but now they all have several "numbers" per entry... took me a while to realise this whilst trying to SMS (they all failed)

Some contacts have the same phone number 2 or three times, some have one number and a couple of blanks.

Any ideas what's causing this ? or how to repair the list without having to edit every one :D

Apart from this niggle, I am VERY impressed with the ROM, MANY thanks Flibblesan :huh:

I'll upload a replacement.

Edit: Uploaded the de-crossed version instead as it has both sync and data toggles. So does everyone want the current settings app replaced with this?

http://www.multiupload.com/3UZS0HZAPC

I flashed this but now my settings (tried to change volume) Force closes.

Any one having similar problem.

I am able to view battery stats, phone usage etc. though.

Guest wishmasterf
I had this, but I wiped everything using recovery (despite thinking I'd done it before) and then re-booted. Worked fine then.

no chance to backup/restore without wiping?

Edited by wishmasterf

Guest mobile579

Thinking of upgrade can anyone comment on the following:

1. Is everyone having the needing to show SSID problem to get WiFi working?

2. Is everyone having the low signal strength problem (I already have lowish signal strength is places as it is)?

3. Does everything seem to be working on O2 (Voicemail/SMS etc)

TIA

Ugh, found a nasty bug. None of my alarms worked this working :P they simply didn't fire off.

Interestingly, the lockscreen still shows "Tue 7:50 am" for the next alarm, and we're past that since a few hours...

Edited by KTamas

Guest balb0wa
Ugh, found a nasty bug. None of my alarms worked this working :P they simply didn't fire off.

Interestingly, the lockscreen still shows "Tue 7:50 am" for the next alarm, and we're past that since a few hours...

Alarms work fine for me

Oops. This is an absolute showstopper :D

Hope you didn't run into any serious problems because of that.

Guest Simon O

Unless it happens to everyone then it's not a nasty bug. Just something on your phone that has prevented the alarm from running. Did you install the rom as an upgrade from an earlier version or another ROM? Did you restore any settings using titanium backup? Do you use task killers?

It'll be easier if we know the situation