[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest veehexx

got a weird problem with dialer on all this rom..

i cant change default dialer!!

with 2.1 de-Orange'd, then installing Dialer One, and then pressing the dialer key prompts for which dialer i was to use and if i wish to set it as default.

this rom doesn't, so im unable to switch to an alternative dialer.

i've tried clearing program cache in settings > applications > manage, but no difference.

could someone give a little guidance on this please?

Guest Blundell

Changed the bootloader zip, removed the app's I didn't want. I would of liked to have removed more but I coudln't figure out the app from their shortened APK names and didn't want to remove something I might want. Maybe edit the orig thread pls?

Apart from that installed perfectly all running great *thumbs up*

p.s. no lines on my camera like some people reported

Guest The Soup Thief

Well this is all very strange

Things which initially didn't seem to work are consistently kicking in and working well

Gps has just pinpointed my location (with network location turned off)

Videos initially played in black and white but today are playing in colour

power usage has been no different for me than with stock rom, was my general impression. Installed power tutor to check out whether dialer was indeed using stacks of power. Turns out dialer doesn't even register in power tutor's list of applications' power consumption. (though radio subsystem comes in at 0.7% of current power consumption)

It seems bizarre that some people are having such very different experiences of this same Rom

Same here, but additionally I was unable to get the speaker working while on a voice call.

There is no obvious button or selection for the external speaker. Anybody else have this problem or have I missed something obvious :-) ?

slide the speaker to the left... the opposite motion to the lock screen or hang up call..

Im loving ending a call with the power button tho..

Well this is all very strange

Things which initially didn't seem to work are consistently kicking in and working well

Gps has just pinpointed my location (with network location turned off)

Videos initially played in black and white but today are playing in colour

power usage has been no different for me than with stock rom, was my general impression. Installed power tutor to check out whether dialer was indeed using stacks of power. Turns out dialer doesn't even register in power tutor's list of applications' power consumption. (though radio subsystem comes in at 0.7% of current power consumption)

It seems bizarre that some people are having such very different experiences of this same Rom

Yes in fact its the system tool to show what is using the battery which is borked.. the dialer is not using much (like 8% when running)

system shows the dialer is running 98% -over time rises to 100%... using another app you see its just reporting incorrectly.

Ive installed dialler and settings froyo 2.2.1 but still no different... when the dialer is not running (app closed) the battery info thing works.. so methinks its just a glitchy bug..

Guest impalaman

Hi everyone!

I have a "little" problem with the rom. It stuck at the android logo at boot. I don't know what cause the problem, i wiped data & cache before the rom flash.

Thanks in advance for the help, and sorry for my poor english. B)

Guest windin101
Anybody can change it by replacing the bootanimation.zip inside /system/media/. Just either delete it from the zip or replace it with another bootanimation. The HTC style logo was just a bit of fun.

I don't have any way of testing this so I'd love some feedback if it works or not.

Honestly I haven't even thought about it. It's something I'll look at adding.

Unzip the rom and edit /system/etc/apns-conf.xml to fix the problem, then zip it up again. Clockwork can flash it without signing. If you have already installed the rom then flashing it again won't remove any of your current settings.

This is pure bells and whistles and I know there is a lot more important things to be worked on first but I have created an animated version of your bootanimation.zip to mimic the HTC start-up screen, does anyone know how to get the start-up chime working as well? It does not seem to be as simple as copying across the android_audio.mp3 to the same location unfortunately

Guest balb0wa

yes i kept getting that, wondered what was casuing it

I found a bug

If you use any internet application such as maps, market or anything else the speaker on the phone mutes automatically and it will not unmute unless you press the volume control or turn the phone on or off again or lock and unmute the volume

(least thats the only 3 ways I've found to unmute it)

Anyone else notice this? or anyone got a fix?

EDIT: I just tried the market again and this time it didnt turn the sound off until after I pressed the backup button, but it still muted the sound once i pressed it.

Also GPS seems to be working for me, not 100% accurate but it got me within 1500M of my house within 5 seconds of turning the maps application on.

Guest The Soup Thief
Yes in fact its the system tool to show what is using the battery which is borked.. the dialer is not using much (like 8% when running)

system shows the dialer is running 98% -over time rises to 100%... using another app you see its just reporting incorrectly.

Ive installed dialler and settings froyo 2.2.1 but still no different... when the dialer is not running (app closed) the battery info thing works.. so methinks its just a glitchy bug..

B) oh! My bad

Same here, but additionally I was unable to get the speaker working while on a voice call.

There is no obvious button or selection for the external speaker. Anybody else have this problem or have I missed something obvious :-) ?

yes there is, just slide the right side slider, it will activate the external speaker..B)

Guest go4bust
yes there is, just slide the right side slider, it will activate the external speaker..B)

lol - I will have to flash back to Froyo to check that. Many thanks ! (blushes).

is it me or my phone is playing trick with me B)...i cant see green line in my youtube video..:) ..i am watching linking park numb official video and there is not green line??..and its in HQ..i double check it..hehe..can sm1 conform it??

edit: ya other videos have green line :).. i think video quality that was uploaded matter too..

Edited by factro

Guest ovolactohippo

This ROM is pretty much perfect for me so far, thank you B)

The only weird thing I've experienced is that my phone seems to be coming out of silent / vibrate only mode on it's own - has anyone else experienced this? It happened to me twice this morning and I was EXTREMELY paranoid when sitting in a quiet meeting earlier that my phone (which was on vibrate-only) was going to start ringing! Didn't happen then, but did later on this afternoon!

Any ideas?

This ROM is pretty much perfect for me so far, thank you B)

The only weird thing I've experienced is that my phone seems to be coming out of silent / vibrate only mode on it's own - has anyone else experienced this? It happened to me twice this morning and I was EXTREMELY paranoid when sitting in a quiet meeting earlier that my phone (which was on vibrate-only) was going to start ringing! Didn't happen then, but did later on this afternoon!

Any ideas?

ya i face same thing in class..hehe..and got good advice from lecturer..:) . for me i unchecked the Setting>Sound setting>Turn to mute and its working now..

Guest ovolactohippo
ya i face same thing in class..hehe..and got good advice from lecturer..:) . for me i unchecked the Setting>Sound setting>Turn to mute and its working now..

I knew I must be being an idiot - had forgotten that was a new feature - assuming this will fix it for me B)

Guest bugeyes

just found a bug.....might be just me as i flashed over my gforums 2.2 rom, but i cant change the ringtone from settings, i'm clicking on phone ringtone and apart from lighting up nothing else happens......anyone else?

just found a bug.....might be just me as i flashed over my gforums 2.2 rom, but i cant change the ringtone from settings, i'm clicking on phone ringtone and apart from lighting up nothing else happens......anyone else?

I can change ringtone with setting.. but I did clean installation of FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade (Beta)

Guest popoyaya

Was thinking of flashing over my gforums 2.2 rom too but wondering if there's any performance gain/advantages to doing this? It's running very smoothly as it is. Would I lose all apps & setings?

Guest mancterrier
You must mean blade wifi fix. It does the job nicely. :)

Gutted flash dont work on this, will pass for now. Unless there are any other major benefits over Modaco R4.

Doesnt work at all here B)

i read on a post at hotukdeals this:

"A Japanese version with a retail Android 2.2 (FroYo) Rom, is expected out mid-December."

does anyone know if this is true? What are the beta froyo rom's we have from, a chinese retail 2.2 rom? If so surely the japanese version wouldn't benefit us either?

Guest imhappy

hi,

Can anyone please help me here? It is very strange that I am not able to download the zip file for the installation. anyone else having the same problem? I remember reading somewhere someone mentioning that but unable to find it now. Any fix for it? I have been using Chrome. Maybe I should try with IE and see? B)

thanks

EDIT-worked using IE, thanks :)

Edited by imhappy

Guest bugeyes

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

seems its a feature!

i had my volume set down to vibrate and with this set the ringtone options dont appear when you press the button!

DOH!!!!!!

B) :) :)

Guest zhcimon

This is a great rom! But it drains batteries!

Compared to French fries RL5, my battery is out when i would have 50% batts left with French Fries.

Fibblesan, I really hope you keep on working this rom. Because it's great!

Hi everyone!

I have a "little" problem with the rom. It stuck at the android logo at boot. I don't know what cause the problem, i wiped data & cache before the rom flash.

Thanks in advance for the help, and sorry for my poor english. B)

How long did you leave it? It can take quite a while to boot up the first time.

Guest AndyHibberd

Guys,

I've been using this since release and am very happy with it.

First day I noticed the Dialer munching through battery (allegedly) but now when I go to battery use there is no dialer icon there.

I'm getting similar if not better battery than 2.1

Flash support for our device would be nice Adobe!

Andy