[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest Cow_007
Ugh, found a nasty bug. None of my alarms worked this working :P they simply didn't fire off.

Interestingly, the lockscreen still shows "Tue 7:50 am" for the next alarm, and we're past that since a few hours...

using any taskkillers to kill the clock? you shouldnt..

volume of alarm set to zero?

worked fine here this morning.

Guest Simon O

Usually it'll be something else causing the alarm not to go off or even killing the process. Our phones have sufficient memory not to kill system apps (which was always a problem on the Pulse).

BTW a change of subject for users using the pattern lock screen. I've uploaded a small patch to the first page which replaces android.policy.jar with a version containing the correct string pointer for the pattern lock screen. Now it will correctly say "Draw pattern to unlock" instead of that long sim subset error.

Guest Simon O
I haven't tried Tank Hero, but for me Air Traffic Lite closes (with no force close dialog box) after about 15 seconds of play, on R8a.

Air control lite has always crashed for me since they released version 2 and I've seen many reports from other device users with the same problems. Upsetting really.

Guest Sborovm

Maybe one noob question regarding upgrading the rom via Clockwork. Is it necessary to remove battery every time I want to enter the Clockworkmod?

I think that there is no meaningful reason to do that. I can enter Clockwork also without removing the battery.

Is there any reason to do it this way? I am wondering about the telephone back cover how log it will last when I will be replacing it often :P

I want to thank you Flib for such a hard work and great support for your ROM. Hold on!

Guest Simon O
Maybe one noob question regarding upgrading the rom via Clockwork. Is it necessary to remove battery every time I want to enter the Clockworkmod?

I think that there is no meaningful reason to do that. I can enter Clockwork also without removing the battery.

Is there any reason to do it this way? I am wondering about the telephone back cover how log it will last when I will be replacing it often :P

I want to thank you Flib for such a hard work and great support for your ROM. Hold on!

Theres no reason to remove the battery when entering recovery.

Guest punkmilitia

bit offtopic but as a thank you for using your roms I thoughtI should use your giffgaff referal and order a sim, think unlimited internet sounds quite nice & we both get £5 free :P

Guest lazyliam

hiya just upgraded from i think from r7 and now ive lost the new and brilliant feature of time stamp on my calls its back to saying so many minutes ago an hour ago a day ago so forth has it been intentionally removed thanks for all the time on the best rom by far

Guest rutteger
Thinking of upgrade can anyone comment on the following:

1. Is everyone having the needing to show SSID problem to get WiFi working?

2. Is everyone having the low signal strength problem (I already have lowish signal strength is places as it is)?

3. Does everything seem to be working on O2 (Voicemail/SMS etc)

TIA

On r8a O2 contract

1. Can't comment

2. Yes

3. Yes.

- SMS worked without doing anything

- Voicemail had to set the number in settings (901)

- For MMS had to set the following APNs and remove the other defaults (giffgaff etc).

- O2 UK (without MMS in APN type) (selected)

- O2 MMS Postpay

- Also set client to iphone3 in Messaging settings

Anyone knows how i can remove the giffgaff app ? When i look in 'Applications' the uninstall button is greyed out.

And thanks for this great release !!!

Greetings,

MrNike

EDIT: rootuninstaller did the trick :P

Edited by MrNike

Unless it happens to everyone then it's not a nasty bug. Just something on your phone that has prevented the alarm from running. Did you install the rom as an upgrade from an earlier version or another ROM? Did you restore any settings using titanium backup? Do you use task killers?

It'll be easier if we know the situation

No, I've installed the ROM as a new one, came from JJ7. Wiped before using it. I don't use titanium backup. I occasionally use task killers but i don't remember using it yesterday (but maybe I did). I'll make sure not to use one today and see if it happens again.

Guest mobile579
2. Is everyone having the low signal strength problem (I already have lowish signal strength is places as it is)?

On r8a O2 contract

1. Can't comment

2. Yes

3. Yes.

- SMS worked without doing anything

- Voicemail had to set the number in settings (901)

- For MMS had to set the following APNs and remove the other defaults (giffgaff etc).

- O2 UK (without MMS in APN type) (selected)

- O2 MMS Postpay

- Also set client to iphone3 in Messaging settings

Hi flibblesan, is the low signal problem something you think can be fixed for a future release? TIA.

Usually it'll be something else causing the alarm not to go off or even killing the process. Our phones have sufficient memory not to kill system apps (which was always a problem on the Pulse).

BTW a change of subject for users using the pattern lock screen. I've uploaded a small patch to the first page which replaces android.policy.jar with a version containing the correct string pointer for the pattern lock screen. Now it will correctly say "Draw pattern to unlock" instead of that long sim subset error.

I still use r6-fixed. does the patch work with r6?

Any other serious improvements because of that I should switch to r8a?

Guest juniperz
hiya just upgraded from i think from r7 and now ive lost the new and brilliant feature of time stamp on my calls its back to saying so many minutes ago an hour ago a day ago so forth has it been intentionally removed thanks for all the time on the best rom by far

Is there a keyboard bug? Have upper-case and punctuation characters been removed?

:P

Guest lazyliam

nah keyoard seems fine here but i do have the double messageing problem to every contact has an empty name wont text to that contact i used to get allsorts off problems with 3 contacts and stuff but this is not a problem in contacts just the messageing and still a great rom much appreaciated

nah keyoard seems fine here but i do have the double messageing problem to every contact has an empty name wont text to that contact i used to get allsorts off problems with 3 contacts and stuff but this is not a problem in contacts just the messageing and still a great rom much appreaciated

I had this, it was due to the way my contacts were organised on gmail, log in on there and merge or delete the duplicates.

Guest Simon O
flibblesan; just wondering, did you reply to me about TouchPal working perfectly fine on my r6 fixed device?

Dont think I did, sorry. Strange though as touchpal always crashes when using the dictionary as I type.

Dont think I did, sorry. Strange though as touchpal always crashes when using the dictionary as I type.

I know it's a long shot, but, OLED or TFT?

Mine's an OLED phone.

Guest lazyliam

your the man cheers spies i new it were something gmail related ill mess later same with just wondering out of curiousity are all my numbers saved somewhere on google i dont like the idea of gmail having all my numbers

@flibblesan May I suggest that you replace the stock battery icon for something more useful, it will save having to run a separate program in notification area.

Edited by Spies

Guest fmacbris

Thanks for that - it's sorted - though the update is called index.zip rather than the expected patterlock_fix

BTW a change of subject :P I haven't had any more drops of the data connection yet.

Guest wishmasterf
Unless it happens to everyone then it's not a nasty bug. Just something on your phone that has prevented the alarm from running. Did you install the rom as an upgrade from an earlier version or another ROM? Did you restore any settings using titanium backup? Do you use task killers?

It'll be easier if we know the situation

I tested at my phone and there is no alarm yet :-( I am on holiday so i dont need the alatrm yet, but i use it very often. I use r8a with GB Theme updated from r6a. No taskkiller running.

I cant change the ringtone. Maybe thats the same problem. it is set to alarm_classic yet.

I retried that about 10 times and yet it rings... starnge...

Edited by wishmasterf