[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest metzench
Any solution for that problem?

Yes, there is, just wipe your phone! Where´s the real problem with that? Backup your apps and settings with Titanium before and your fine after restoring your apps. No Problem, hesitating around with problems that aren´t real ones because you didn´ t wipe takes more time than just using the clean path...

Regards,

Christian

Guest rutteger

Just applied the update for lock screen, works great message considerably less cryptic now.

One issue I've noted which I'm not sure is related to this ROM is as follows. Keeping the wifi alive using 'Regpon Wifi Keep ALive', basically this prevents the phone sleeping whilst wifi is connected in order to recieve email notifications etc. Couple of times have gone back to the phone (normally after it's been left for a time) to see the wifi is disconnected and mobile data connected (which isn't a particular problem). However when I unlock the phone and the wifi reconnects mobile signal is lost. After a few minutes the signal is regained. On O2 and signal is good both 3G and 2G even with the low signal issue. Any ideas? Had a look round the net and not noted anything similar....

OK - well that's reclaimed some memory, but not that much - there's now about 160mb of apps on my sd card

Still not so much moving there as under Paul's script for MCR r11 (nigh on 300mb shifted over - I've a partition of 528 set aside for A2SD - I forget how I came to that strange number)

can you have a look what is inside your /system/sd dir? which folders, how much space used by the several folders?

I guess your a2sd+ is not fully working. perhaps you also have some apps on fat32 with normal app2sd (check folder /mnt/asec).

and check if there are correct symlinks in /data to app, data and/or dalvik-cache on /system/sd and no dir with the same name as the symlink in /data.

Air control lite has always crashed for me since they released version 2 and I've seen many reports from other device users with the same problems. Upsetting really.

Have you tried 'Flight Director'? Real planes, real airports and real nice! :P

Guest SpeRator

I have a big problem with r8a. I shut down the device and take out the battery. I put it back in it and start the phone. Now it hangs at the animated X. It is repeating the animation and repeating and repeating...

Edited by SpeRator

Guest wishmasterf
Yes, there is, just wipe your phone! Where´s the real problem with that? Backup your apps and settings with Titanium before and your fine after restoring your apps. No Problem, hesitating around with problems that aren´t real ones because you didn´ t wipe takes more time than just using the clean path...

Regards,

Christian

Workaround is always a solution. But resolve the problem is the better solution. What do you think?

Edited by wishmasterf

Guest Qwertzycoatl

Just found out that I can't call direct from my call log any more. Not sure if this was present before flashinga theme. Anyone else suffered this?

Edit

Works now. No idea what happened.

Edited by Qwertzycoatl

Guest DrEzkimo
I have a big problem with r8a. I shut down the device and take out the battery. I put it back in it and start the phone. Now it hangs at the animated X. It is repeating the animation and repeating and repeating...

whenever I have had this the only fix was a wipe. but this is why its always a good idea to back anything important and even do a system image back up to be safe.

Guest Simon O
Have you tried 'Flight Director'? Real planes, real airports and real nice! :P

Nah I just play Flight Control HD on Steam instead.. and patiently wait for an Android version.

Nah I just play Flight Control HD on Steam instead.. and patiently wait for an Android version.

Will the low signal fix be incorporated into a new build or will it be an addon patch? I'm trying to work out whether to go ahead and install this rom now or wait till the next release.

Excellent work so far! Will donate when I get it all up and running

Guest Simon O
Will the low signal fix be incorporated into a new build or will it be an addon patch? I'm trying to work out whether to go ahead and install this rom now or wait till the next release.

Excellent work so far! Will donate when I get it all up and running

At this moment I cannot say. I'm having big troubles even understanding the code due to changes between aosp, chinese rom and japanese rom.

Guest cmberry20

Its great to see that the 2.2 ROMs are still being tweaked & improved.

I've been using ver r6a since its release & have yet to encounter a serious bug - the odd niggle, but generally it works brilliantly. Thanks Flibblesan!!!

One quick question though - currently runnning r6a as i mentioned before, is it worth upgrading to r8a? Is there any significant improvements in performce or features that would be beneficial?

Cheers

Guest oldfella

need to upgrade the 2 gig SD card, and a little concerned how to copy the EXT partition

I have Paragon Drive copy - so am thinking

copy the EXT partition to archive on PC

mount and partition the new SD card - can this be done without rebooting the phone ?

copy back the EXT data

or is there an easier way ?

thanks .. Mike

Guest Flumpster

When you make a backup of your phone in clockwork it backs up the ext partition itself.. You don't need to back it up also.

When you get the new SD card just make a new ext partition on it and restore your backup.

Edited by Flumpster

Guest Flumpster

If you are happy with the way the phone is set up now restore everything. I would do it the following way.

Create a full backup in clockwork.

Now backup the Fat partition of the SD card to your computer (this will include the clockwork backup you just made)

Next format the new sd card how you want it (don't forget the ext partition comes last, but I think you know how to do all that from doing your previous card)

Copy the backup of the fat partition from the computer back to the new sd card.

Go into clockwork and do a full restore.

Your phone will then be exactly the same as it is now except with a bigger SD.

HTH

edit.. I see what you're asking now. I can't see why it shouldn't work just restoring the sd-ext but a full backup and restore is always my option as I can clear cache and do factory reset before restoring.

Edited by Flumpster

Guest fmacbris

I don't like to complain - generally this ROM is great (8a/GB+circle mod).

However I'm afraid it is +1 to the people experiencing phone signal problems when turning on wifi. Timeriffic turned on wifi while phone was asleep. When I turned on the phone I had Wifi but no phone (I noticed because I tried to send a sms). Turning wifi off brought the phone connection back.

Edited by fmacbris

Guest BillBong

Just to add to the feedback. This is a great ROM - runs beautifully with good battery life. I have the same problems as a few others with it showing low signal strength and the WiFi knocking the phone signal off but it's only short-lived so it's not a huge issue.

Just on a separate topic, if anyones looking for a T9 dialler, I found one on the market called Nubdial which is nice and simple - I think it has a cleaner interface to Dialler1. I've been using it a couple of days. It's done a FC on me once but it seems to work OK otherwise.

Guest stealthyboss

Great rom (my first) but 2 problems.

1. The sound is not good I even deleted the three audioboost files but its still the same.

2. I don't use apps2sd but it partitions my sdcard, how do I get itback to normal without deleting my data. Please help

Edited by stealthyboss

Guest dadashi

I've been using JellyFish-R9, can I just install FLB-R8a without a wipe?

I'm surprisingly happy with JF-R9 except for the shorter battery life...

Edited by dadashi

ehi flibblesan, can i delete calendar.apk and calendarprovider.apk in the rom .zip (or can i uninstall them with titanium backup) or are they key apps required for the rom (like google talk)? i'd like to remove them, since i find jorte calendar better.

Edited by Ficus

Guest rutteger
Just to add to the feedback. This is a great ROM - runs beautifully with good battery life. I have the same problems as a few others with it showing low signal strength and the WiFi knocking the phone signal off but it's only short-lived so it's not a huge issue.

Glad it's not just me noting the wifi knocking the mobile signal issue.

Guest oldfella
If you are happy with the way the phone is set up now restore everything. I would do it the following way.

Create a full backup in clockwork.

Now backup the Fat partition of the SD card to your computer (this will include the clockwork backup you just made)

Next format the new sd card how you want it (don't forget the ext partition comes last, but I think you know how to do all that from doing your previous card)

Copy the backup of the fat partition from the computer back to the new sd card.

Go into clockwork and do a full restore.

Your phone will then be exactly the same as it is now except with a bigger SD.

HTH

edit.. I see what you're asking now. I can't see why it shouldn't work just restoring the sd-ext but a full backup and restore is always my option as I can clear cache and do factory reset before restoring.

-----------

thats very helpful - thank you

I was just going to restore the FAT partition by copying the files from PC, and then restoring sd-ext via Clockwork, but I can see the benefits of your suggestion