[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest robot1000
Read the thread, this was answered a few times just after r7 was released, It involves omitting some apps from the ROM.

The threads 153 pages :P

Thanks anyway

Guest stealthyboss

2 problems.

1.The sound is not good I even deleted the three audioboost files but its still the same.

2. I don't use apps2sd but it partitions my sdcard, how do I get itback to normal without deleting my data. Please help

2. I don't use apps2sd but it partitions my sdcard, how do I get itback to normal without deleting my data. Please help
are you sure that FLB-Froyo is partitioning your SD card?? How is that possible? as far as I know, this can only be done deliberately by yourself, e.g. using Clockwork. With that it also can be undone again.

Guest targetbsp

Are you sure you're not mistaking the fact that Froyo just lets you install apps to your sd card? It goes into a folder called .android_secure. It's not partitioned

apps2sd and A2SD are different things.

Some apps by default install to the SD cards regular partition, which is part of FroYo - it does not mean your card has been partitioned - This is Apps2SD, however some programs (never used TB) like Sys info Pro report the usage as A2SD, as in the amount of app data on the SD card.

Actual A2SD does indeed use an extra SD card partition and FLB supports this once performed - if you have this setup all the better as it's a good way of working.

If you really want to check, have a look on your phone at the listed SD storage space and compare that to the cards capacity, allowing for a little lost due to formatting. - what do you see?

Edited by Fi5h

Guest Matchstick

I'm just trying out the latest version of FLB to compare it with JJ and i've noticed that I'm still getting a old VPN bug.

In short on FLB I can't create a PPTP VPN to a server where JJ RLS9 works just fine.

All the settings are the same on both ROMS but whenever I try on FLB I get the message "Unable to connect to the network. Do you want to try again?"

Anyone got any suggestion on how to get this sorted ?

Guest Simon O

Off-topic post but slightly relevant. Some of you have recently made donations to the rom. As of this morning Google decided that my account breaks the terms and conditions for soliciting donations. I have explained to them exactly what I'm doing but they argue that because this rom is a free download any payments are donations which are forbidden unless I have charity status from the HMRC. Currently I'm unable to accept any more payments and I don't know if the recent payments are going to be refunded or kept by Google, they haven't told me.

Thought Google could do no evil :P

Guest Simon O
I'm just trying out the latest version of FLB to compare it with JJ and i've noticed that I'm still getting a old VPN bug.

In short on FLB I can't create a PPTP VPN to a server where JJ RLS9 works just fine.

All the settings are the same on both ROMS but whenever I try on FLB I get the message "Unable to connect to the network. Do you want to try again?"

Anyone got any suggestion on how to get this sorted ?

Dont have PPTP enabled in the kernel at the moment.

Update: Going to build a new kernel later with, hopefully, the required parts for the PPTP VPN.

Edited by flibblesan

@ flibblesan: while you don't release a new ROM version with all the fixes, is it possible to make available the fix to solve the lack of network signal when WiFi is on, if you have one already off course?

I would like to try your rls8a, but so far that's the only thing that's keeping the JJ RLS9 at my Blade....

Keep up the excellent work you've been developing so far :P

Edited by _BG_

Guest Matchstick
Dont have PPTP enabled in the kernel at the moment.

Ah that would be the problem then :P

Any plans to add support in the future since PPTP VPNs are part of the stock android feature set ?

Edited by Matchstick

Guest stuartrace
Off-topic post but slightly relevant. Some of you have recently made donations to the rom. As of this morning Google decided that my account breaks the terms and conditions for soliciting donations. I have explained to them exactly what I'm doing but they argue that because this rom is a free download any payments are donations which are forbidden unless I have charity status from the HMRC. Currently I'm unable to accept any more payments and I don't know if the recent payments are going to be refunded or kept by Google, they haven't told me.

Thought Google could do no evil :P

Hmm, how about if you create a separate JAR which is for sale (I don't know, like an images pack or something) for say £5 per download, that people can opt to buy and download to install to their ROMs (which are still supplied for free). Then they're buying a product and the ROM is still free source? No donations then!

@flibblesan - Reboot option in power menu removed due to the lockscreen fixes.

Is there any way you might re-enable this as a setiing somewhere.. it was very useful and caused me no bother.

Also the old (new) grey no wifi icon.. can we have that back - even as a patch..

8-)

Guest m_w_clarke
flibb, can you include andorkos FM radio driver to your FLB kernel, please?

source:

https://github.com/ZTE-BLADE/ZTE-BLADE-2.6.32

This has been asked around half a dozen times. There is a technical issue that is stopping this (don't ask me the details!). Flib has requested help from Andorko, I believe.

If you search this thread you will find the answers.

Guest targetbsp
K thanks but how do I get my 200mb back

Go to settings -> applications -> manage applications -> on sd card. Now click each app in turn and move to phone. You are effectively trying to deprive yourself of one of the main new features of Froyo though - which is to let you have more apps on your phone by not restricting them to being on the phone.

Note: I don't know this for sure but I would hazard a guess that it's not using 217mb because as explained above it's not actually a partition. I would say it's only using the space equal to the size of apps installed onto the SD Card. And the 217mb is some sort of virtual compatibility thing (technical description there :P ).

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Sborovm

Thanks Flib for such excellent work and ROM. I was surprised how Blade can be fast (against Stock 2.1 Orange ROM).

I have no problems with it. Wifi ok, Signal strength ok.

I have moved my contacts from my previous phone Nokia E51 via bluetooth (Vcard format) to Blade like with Stock rom. But my contact application says there are no contacts to display. When I searched for a contact, it says that no found. Only when I tried to display all it showed my contact. So I imported them from SD card to contact aplication. Nothing appeared.

When I logged in my google mail on my PC and synced with the phone, all my imported contacts were in the folder "other contacts". So I manually add them to "my contacts" and synced again. Then all contacts appeared in the phone.

This was not so complicated with stock rom :P With it I only copied contacts via bluetooth and they appeared in the phone contacts.

Is it a bug in new ROM or am I doing something wrong?

Guest Simon O
@ flibblesan: while you don't release a new ROM version with all the fixes, is it possible to make available the fix to solve the lack of network signal when WiFi is on, if you have one already off course?

I would like to try your rls8a, but so far that's the only thing that's keeping the JJ RLS9 at my Blade....

Keep up the excellent work you've been developing so far :D

I will release a new rom when I manage to get the signal status working correctly. It's taking longer than expected due to the base rom being so different from the Japanese. Also this week I've not got too much free time until the weekend sorry :huh:

@flibblesan - Reboot option in power menu removed due to the lockscreen fixes.

Is there any way you might re-enable this as a setiing somewhere.. it was very useful and caused me no bother.

Also the old (new) grey no wifi icon.. can we have that back - even as a patch..

8-)

Hopeing to get some assistance from 0x90 when he's got some free time.

Thanks Flib for such excellent work and ROM. I was surprised how Blade can be fast (against Stock 2.1 Orange ROM).

I have no problems with it. Wifi ok, Signal strength ok.

I have moved my contacts from my previous phone Nokia E51 via bluetooth (Vcard format) to Blade like with Stock rom. But my contact application says there are no contacts to display. When I searched for a contact, it says that no found. Only when I tried to display all it showed my contact. So I imported them from SD card to contact aplication. Nothing appeared.

When I logged in my google mail on my PC and synced with the phone, all my imported contacts were in the folder "other contacts". So I manually add them to "my contacts" and synced again. Then all contacts appeared in the phone.

This was not so complicated with stock rom :P With it I only copied contacts via bluetooth and they appeared in the phone contacts.

Is it a bug in new ROM or am I doing something wrong?

if you press menu on the contacts app then display settings, select your google account it should give you an option to show or hide some groups. Maybe the important contacts got put into a group which was hidden?

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Sborovm
I will release a new rom when I manage to get the signal status working correctly. It's taking longer than expected due to the base rom being so different from the Japanese. Also this week I've not got too much free time until the weekend sorry :P

Hopeing to get some assistance from 0x90 when he's got some free time.

if you press menu on the contacts app then display settings, select your google account it should give you an option to show or hide some groups. Maybe the important contacts got put into a group which was hidden?

Many thanks for your advice. You are the fastest tech support I have ever seen :-)

I am still learning with Android. So this option is new for me.

Guest Giuliano69
I haven't changed the theme to gingerbread but today market updated my gingerbread keyboard to 2.3 on its own.

Dave

Thanks for your reply.

Whati do you mean with "maket updated my keyboard" ? Did you downloaded and install something form appbrain to update the keyboard that comes originally with FLB ?

How do you performed the update ?

Edited by Giuliano69