[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O
Thankyou flibblesan

I've been using JF-R9 for the last week and the battery is going down a little too qiuck, seems to be the only big drawback of JellyFish,

Cell Standby 44%

Phone idle 40%

WiFi 11%

Display 4%

I installed FLB-8a last night without a wipe from JF-R9 and had no probs...battery usage is noticeably better,

Android system 99%

If you install a battery monitor tool like this one https://market.android.com/details?id=com.tools.power it will help you to find out exactly what is using up too much battery. However the percentages displayed are just percentages of the current power draw which may only be 20% of your battery, if you see what I mean?

Absolutely I am not an expert on this so I'm not very good at explaining but in normal usage a phone would also pull a small percentage of power from the battery rather than using the full capacity. Like sipping the juice rather than taking a gulp. Of this percentage the Android system will then report how much of this is being used by applications.

Oh I wish the battery usage screen would display things much better.

Guest Simon O
can i help in finding the rds problem?

I think i found the problem: You should use FLB r8a with kernel2 and FM Radio v0.5.3 or v0.5.2

If you can hear the radio but the RDS shows loading... Not Available then check that the left loudspeaker button is switched on (its working now as enable/disable RDS hehe :P ).

If that button was off then you might have to use a power off - power on too.

I hope this will help. I will fix the app.

Oh I completely forgot about the special version of the application! If the user is using a kernel without the RDS function will the application still work, or does it need the RDS feature?

God dammit! WTF is wrong with these people? Maybe moneybookers will be better?

I complained to Google Checkout yesterday about this and this morning I received an email saying they've reversed the decision and my account is back.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest wishmasterf
Thankyou flibblesan

I've been using JF-R9 for the last week and the battery is going down a little too qiuck, seems to be the only big drawback of JellyFish,

Cell Standby 44%

Phone idle 40%

WiFi 11%

Display 4%

I installed FLB-8a last night without a wipe from JF-R9 and had no probs...battery usage is noticeably better,

Android system 99%

I used widgetoid and i think every minute the battery went down 1% per minute. it amazing how apps could need power without doing much.

Guest Simon O
I used widgetoid and i think every minute the battery went down 1% per minute. it amazing how apps could need power without doing much.

I'd be concerned about that myself. Any indication to what exactly is causing this? What apps are open?

Hi! All guys,

I just upgrade from original 2.1 to FLB 2.2 r8a.

I can't play movie well.

I use original movie player, the movie file is mp4. it will stop and quit the problem.

I try to use rock player with disable hardware acceleration, it can play the movie.

Before I upgrade to FLB 2.2, it can play the movie very smoth.

Any suggestion ? Thank you!!

Guest wishmasterf
I'd be concerned about that myself. Any indication to what exactly is causing this? What apps are open?

Nothing else. I closed everthing with taskmanager. i am susre widgetoid is the problem. I dont think it has anything to do with your rom.

Guest vampywiz17
Hi! All guys,

I just upgrade from original 2.1 to FLB 2.2 r8a.

I can't play movie well.

I use original movie player, the movie file is mp4. it will stop and quit the problem.

I try to use rock player with disable hardware acceleration, it can play the movie.

Before I upgrade to FLB 2.2, it can play the movie very smoth.

Any suggestion ? Thank you!!

Try turn off stagefright.

Guest Phoenix Silver
can i help in finding the rds problem?

I think i found the problem: You should use FLB r8a with kernel2 and FM Radio v0.5.3 or v0.5.2

If you can hear the radio but the RDS shows loading... Not Available then check that the left loudspeaker button is switched on (its working now as enable/disable RDS hehe :P ).

If that button was off then you might have to use a power off - power on too.

I hope this will help. I will fix the app.

okiiiiii

rds works now

button was off

ty for the info :D

Guest andorko
Oh I completely forgot about the special version of the application! If the user is using a kernel without the RDS function will the application still work, or does it need the RDS feature?

If you use a non-rds app with an rds kernel or an rds app with a non-rds kernel, then the radio will work, but you won't see the rds data.

Guest Simon O
If you use a non-rds app with an rds kernel or an rds app with a non-rds kernel, then the radio will work, but you won't see the rds data.

Good enough for me.

RDS kernel to be default then :P

Guest wishmasterf
Good enough for me.

RDS kernel to be default then :P

Thats great ;-) I would love to get the rds application as default systemapplication so i dont have to do it manually.. ;-)

Edited by wishmasterf

Guest Phil001
If you install a battery monitor tool like this one https://market.android.com/details?id=com.tools.power it will help you to find out exactly what is using up too much battery. However the percentages displayed are just percentages of the current power draw which may only be 20% of your battery, if you see what I mean?

Absolutely I am not an expert on this so I'm not very good at explaining but in normal usage a phone would also pull a small percentage of power from the battery rather than using the full capacity. Like sipping the juice rather than taking a gulp. Of this percentage the Android system will then report how much of this is being used by applications.

Oh I wish the battery usage screen would display things much better.

+1, really wish the battery usage screen was more useful.

My phone hardly uses any battery unless using 3g, browsing internet the worst culprit.

TBH im sure battery drains a fair bit quicker during browsing than it did on MCR4, hard to tell though...

Guest Nickkasaurus

i currently have the r7a release, do i need to wipe and re-flash my blade (thus losing my apps/settings) to get the new r8a release, or can i just use install from sd card in clockwork without a wipe and keep all my apps+settings?

Edited by Nickkasaurus

Guest aaroncarey

Hey,

I tried to install the new BBC iPlayer app today but was told it wasn't compatible... I'm using the FLB rom and just wondered why it wasn't compatible? It's 2.2 right?

Also tried installing the flash player (just out of interest..) and got the same problem...

anyone else experienced this or found a workaround? :P

This is an amazing ROM by the way.. thanks!

Aaron

Guest Movisman
i currently have the r7a release, do i need to wipe and re-flash my blade (thus losing my apps/settings) to get the new r8a release, or can i just use install from sd card in clockwork without a wipe and keep all my apps+settings?

Personally I was able to go from r7a to r8a without any problems or need to wipe.

Guest JohnDevol
Hey,

I tried to install the new BBC iPlayer app today but was told it wasn't compatible... I'm using the FLB rom and just wondered why it wasn't compatible? It's 2.2 right?

Also tried installing the flash player (just out of interest..) and got the same problem...

Aaron

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...app-on-the-way/

Guest dannyproy

Hi there,

Is anyone else having issues with release 8a being stuck on the green man boot up screen (even after 30 minutes)? I have searched though this post and the only previous similar comments seem linked with release 6.

I have downloaded twice and checked the MD5 both times, but to no avail. I should add I have an OLED version of the blade, which has been re-partitioned as per the JJ9 image release. Despite this using both clockwork 2.5.1.8 and 3.0.0.5 the installation appears to complete ok so it definitely fits on the system partition as far as I can see.

To check it wasn't a phone hardware issue I have rolled back to jj9 and it installs and boots up fine. For both ROMs I am performing a full factory reset before installing the new ROM. Also relevant is that I am using a2sd on an ext3 partition.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Edited by dannyproy

Hi there,

Is anyone else having issues with release 8a being stuck on the green man boot up screen (even after 30 minutes)? I have searched though this post and the only previous similar comments seem linked with release 6.

I have downloaded twice and checked the MD5 both times, but to no avail. I should add I have an OLED version of the blade, which has been re-partitioned as per the JJ9 image release. Despite this using both clockwork 2.5.1.8 and 3.0.0.5 the installation appears to complete ok so it definitely fits on the system partition as far as I can see.

To check it wasn't a phone hardware issue I have rolled back to jj9 and it installs and boots up fine. For both ROMs I am performing a full factory reset before installing the new ROM. Also relevant is that I am using a2sd on an ext3 partition.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I had the same, but recognized that I need to use the slim version. The normal version doesn't fit, it's about 130MB unzipped and the partition only 128MB

Guest dadashi

This just shows you shouldnt go changing the system partition sizes around...why mess with a perfectly good working system...

Edited by dadashi

Guest m_w_clarke
Hey,

Aaron

Flash doesn't work on the Blade. It doesn't have the right processor.

Some flash sites can be viewed with some browsers (notable Skyfire)

The BBC iplayer wont work at all though.

Guest adamguest1985

Loving this ROM.

Any ideas how I can add the contact button to the messaging app, which sat next to the recipient field (like in 2.1)?

Also, any chance of a flashable fix which enables different walls on the home and lock screens? I've only ever seen this on the stock rom. I don't want to install an alternate loader if there's a file I can tweak or replace.

And a general question, since I'm switching to a data plan soon - If I have wifi and data switched on, which will the phone use? And if the wifi dies (on sleep for example) will the 3G just pick up on the auto-syncing of my apps?

High fives all around.

This just shows you shouldnt go changing the system partition sizes around...why mess with a perfectly good working system...
I don't agree. changing partition sizes is really easy and safe, providing you the great advantage of more free memory for your apps. For FLB-Froyo, you only have to delete around 4mb in /system/app, e.g. facebook and quickoffice.

having 330 MB for data instead of 210 MB is a huge improvement for me.

here a howto:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-for-your-apps/