[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest dadashi
Flash doesn't work on the Blade. It doesn't have the right processor.

Some flash sites can be viewed with some browsers (notable Skyfire)

The BBC iplayer wont work at all though.

WRONG! Flash worked on all browsers after installing Flashlit using 2.1 eclair...and BBC iplayer works...we should convince the Flashlite programmer to adapt it for 2.2 Froyo

Edited by dadashi

Good enough for me.

RDS kernel to be default then :P

are you putting the compiled kernel by andorko in the next releases or will you compile it by yourself with the new fm driver?

WRONG! Flash worked on all browsers after installing Flashlit using 2.1 eclair...and BBC iplayer works...we should convince the Flashlite programmer to adapt it for 2.2 Froyo

Please check your facts.

Flash does NOT work on the processor inside the blade, therefore it does not work full stop.

Flashlite DID work on 2.1 roms but will not work on any 2.2 roms at all.

Guest Simon O
are you putting the compiled kernel by andorko in the next releases or will you compile it by yourself with the new fm driver?

I already have a kernel I built myself that works with RDS.

Thanks, great! Didn't spot the update on the first page.

Is the source of your kernel available?

and does it work with r6-fixed?

Edited by ztedd

Hey, great ROM, had a few issues with 8a though so reflashed 7a and seems to be rectified.

Wouldn't charge by AC, instead stating it was USB when plugged into wall socket. When plugged into computer, no option appeared to connect to computer, and my laptop wouldnt recognise it. Battery had drained by 20% overnight, but that may be due to not recallibrating after upgrading.

7a works really well though, strange!

Guest ti_power

Yesterday i flashed R8a and now i'm very happy to see contact ids =)

Thank you very much Flibblesan!

I'd have only one question: Could you mention which of the apps that are implanted in the

rom could be deinstalled without any problems? For Example I'd like to deinstall "Listen"

and Latitude".

Edited by ti_power

Please check your facts.

Flash does NOT work on the processor inside the blade, therefore it does not work full stop.

Flashlite DID work on 2.1 roms but will not work on any 2.2 roms at all.

im sure my m8 has flash lite on his wildfire with a 2.2 rom so why wont it work on the blade?

Guest targetbsp

Latitude is part of google maps - not a separate program. You can either remove google maps or hide latitude in your launcher. I did the latter.

I don't know what listen is. I don't have it - so presumably I safely removed it and then forgot about it. :P

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Simon O
can kernel be used with FLB r6?

can I upgrade from r6-fixed to r8a without wiping data?

Kernel should work with r6. But really, upgrade to r8. It won't delete any of your settings or apps.

Guest Simon O
im sure my m8 has flash lite on his wildfire with a 2.2 rom so why wont it work on the blade?

Flash lite relies on some HTC libs so I've heard. I've not seen any packaged flash lite for 2.2 that works on all devices.

Guest NorthRiding
Dont think I did, sorry. Strange though as touchpal always crashes when using the dictionary as I type.

Just out of interest (for you), my touchpal using JJ also crashes when using the dictionary as I type so probable a Touchpal problem methinks????

Guest Frankish

Love the effort for the new kernel, especially test 2 with Andorko's RDS stuffs. Is the stock Android radio kernel fix included too? I'm messing about at the minute but will test the kernels out soon enough :P

Guest Sborovm
Flash lite relies on some HTC libs so I've heard. I've not seen any packaged flash lite for 2.2 that works on all devices.

Yes it is like flibblesan says. Flash Lite in Froyo is working only with HTC Sense because there are some libs that allows it.

The main problem of Flash Lite is that it supports only Flash 9 but not Flash 10. But most of the web pages now uses Flash 10. The second thing is that flash Lite uses much CPU resources and sometimes it is slow.

If you want to have Flash when surfing on the web, install Skyfire. It allows also playback of most flash videos on the web, because it is converting it to another format. You can see the web pages like on normal PC. :P

If you want to see youtube videos, use Youtube application.

Guest Simon O
Love the effort for the new kernel, especially test 2 with Andorko's RDS stuffs. Is the stock Android radio kernel fix included too? I'm messing about at the minute but will test the kernels out soon enough :P

Dont actually know if the stock fix is in the kernel or not.

Guest camille1462

Hello

first post, and I'd like to thank Flibblesan and the other people for the work done on this ROM. I absolutly love it.

But i have a small probleme, I'm stuck, even after having searched a long time...

Can your ROM connect to 802.1 Entreprise Wifi? I've tried several config, I never managed to catch any connection with it...

Thanks

Edited by camille1462

Guest Phoenix Silver
Hello

first post, and I'd like to thank Flibblesan and the other people for the work done on this ROM. I absolutly love it.

But i have a small probleme, I'm stuck, even after having searched a long time...

Can your ROM connect to 802.1 Entreprise Wifi? I've tried several config, I never managed to catch any connection with it...

Thanks

it's supposed to work

i have tried open wifi, wep wpa wpa2 psk or tkip .......

it always worked

i need more details about the entreprise side :P

Guest dadashi

If you install a battery monitor tool like this one https://market.android.com/details?id=com.tools.power it will help you to find out exactly what is using up too much battery. However the percentages displayed are just percentages of the current power draw which may only be 20% of your battery, if you see what I mean?

Absolutely I am not an expert on this so I'm not very good at explaining but in normal usage a phone would also pull a small percentage of power from the battery rather than using the full capacity. Like sipping the juice rather than taking a gulp. Of this percentage the Android system will then report how much of this is being used by applications.

Oh I wish the battery usage screen would display things much better.

Thanx again for the FLB-8a, battery is noticeably better...I'm using "Where's my droid power", results look good so far...

LauncherPro 6.15%

ebay app 1.49%

google services framework 1.42%

dialer 0.61%

quick system info 0.59%

email 0.54%

gingerbread keyboard 0.48%

calendar storage 0.35%

etc...

Guest Simon O
If you install a battery monitor tool like this one https://market.android.com/details?id=com.tools.power it will help you to find out exactly what is using up too much battery. However the percentages displayed are just percentages of the current power draw which may only be 20% of your battery, if you see what I mean?

Absolutely I am not an expert on this so I'm not very good at explaining but in normal usage a phone would also pull a small percentage of power from the battery rather than using the full capacity. Like sipping the juice rather than taking a gulp. Of this percentage the Android system will then report how much of this is being used by applications.

Oh I wish the battery usage screen would display things much better.

Thanx again for the FLB-8a, battery is noticeably better...I'm using "Where's my droid power", results look good so far...

LauncherPro 6.15%

ebay app 1.49%

google services framework 1.42%

dialer 0.61%

quick system info 0.59%

email 0.54%

gingerbread keyboard 0.48%

calendar storage 0.35%

etc...

Excellent. They seem fine.