[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Brilliant rom but I've come across a problem which isn't important at all and it is probably simple to fix but I can't figure out how

I put the touchpal and htc_imie keyboards in the /app folder of the rom and flashed it onto the phone, installed the gingerbread update but the other 2 keyboards were not installed

Any idea how to fix this to get them to install?

I also tried adding the gingerbread files (minus icon pack) into the rom as well as the other 2 keyboards, the rom installs fine with the theme working but the other 2 keyboards just will not install

I'm stumped - suggestions anyone?

Thanks for all your hard work with this rom fibb but can i be cheeky and ask for a feature to be added (if possible) im on giffgaff and therefore the phone does not have my number on the sim, and cant enter one manually in Settings > About phone > Status: My phone number, therefore i get the grey box displayed in messages etc for me, was wondering if there is anything you can do so we can set a phone number and pic for ourselves, i know there is an app you can get from the market but remember reading a few peeps having trouble installing it :P

If its not possible then ill go download the app and give it a try, just thought it might be a nice feature for some :D

Guest Frankish

Seeing as i rom hop a lot with my themeing. Can anyone tell me what battery life is like on this rom as a normal user not rebooting 50 times a day? :D? I really need to settle on one :P

Guest crazyfool_1
Seeing as i rom hop a lot with my themeing. Can anyone tell me what battery life is like on this rom as a normal user not rebooting 50 times a day? :D? I really need to settle on one :P

I find it to be excellent. Just average use for me which is some texting, couple phone calls and push email (3g always on) uses about 10-20% battery over a 12 hour day.

Guest Frankish
I find it to be excellent. Just average use for me which is some texting, couple phone calls and push email (3g always on) uses about 10-20% battery over a 12 hour day.

Sounds good. I have quite heavy usage and really poor HDSPA coverage, talking 0-1 bars most of the time sometimes 2 bars tops. So my battery loss is 1% a minute with screen on in Japanese Jellyfish.

Guest dadashi

I've used FLB and JF roms and FLB has better battery life :huh:

I haven't tried Pauls most recent, so I couldn't tell what that's like...

Guest Jai Cee
Sounds good. I have quite heavy usage and really poor HDSPA coverage, talking 0-1 bars most of the time sometimes 2 bars tops. So my battery loss is 1% a minute with screen on in Japanese Jellyfish.

That was my experience with jellyfish but FLB is much much better for me. I would struggle to make a day of use but now I still have 30%+ when I plug into charge at night. My wife who uses her phone less can go much longer between charges.

Guest DrEzkimo
Thanks for all your hard work with this rom fibb but can i be cheeky and ask for a feature to be added (if possible) im on giffgaff and therefore the phone does not have my number on the sim, and cant enter one manually in Settings > About phone > Status: My phone number, therefore i get the grey box displayed in messages etc for me, was wondering if there is anything you can do so we can set a phone number and pic for ourselves, i know there is an app you can get from the market but remember reading a few peeps having trouble installing it :P

If its not possible then ill go download the app and give it a try, just thought it might be a nice feature for some :huh:

also handy for us who number port and then have the old number listed in the phone :D would be handy to have the right one!

Guest Qwertzycoatl

If its not possible then ill go download the app and give it a try, just thought it might be a nice feature for some :P

I installed that app yesterday to rectify your problem exactly and it installed without any issues.

It does mention that it needs to be installed on a custom rom (3rd party) which Flib's is :D

Some of the people's comments on the app are using standard roms and that will be their issue.

Give it a bash you have nothing to lose :huh:

Power Settings:

Google sync: Disabled

Any other Sync / updates: Set to not update without my request.

Gps: none (activate when needed)

WCDMA (3G) on all the time and in a 3G area for 70% of the time. < I know this is a battery killer but I am on 3 so need it set to on.

3G connected to HSPDA (internet): Yes, always. < Did this to test worst case scenario for my power settings.

Screen brightness: Just off minimum as used indoors most of the time.

Approx 5 hours use HSPDA internet, 30 mins calls and numerous texts recieved and sent I get a whole day (7.15am till 11 pm approx) but then the battery is almost deaded.

HTH.

Psi

Guest imhappy

Hello there,

Great work on the ROM and many thanks for that.

can anyone please suggest the o2 settings to use for sending MMS on o2 contract?

I have tried all theexisting APNs but none of them seem to work.

Thanks again for the great ROM and keep up the good work.

Cheers

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Thanks for all your hard work with this rom fibb but can i be cheeky and ask for a feature to be added (if possible) im on giffgaff and therefore the phone does not have my number on the sim, and cant enter one manually in Settings > About phone > Status: My phone number, therefore i get the grey box displayed in messages etc for me, was wondering if there is anything you can do so we can set a phone number and pic for ourselves, i know there is an app you can get from the market but remember reading a few peeps having trouble installing it :D

If its not possible then ill go download the app and give it a try, just thought it might be a nice feature for some :huh:

Handy to note the app is called "My phone number" by developer called Lytsing.

There's a few apps with similar names, that look quite dodgy :P

Good for Giff Gaff-er's as the phone number isn't held on the Sim card.

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Guest droidvirgin
Hello there,

can anyone please suggest the o2 settings to use for sending MMS on o2 contract?

Cheers

Have you tried settings/mobile networks/gsm-umts options/access point names/then press the white buttons on eash of the o2 options one at a time too see which one activates your G/3G sign next to the signal strength meter.

Guest jr866gooner

Ive used both Jelly and sebs de crossed and de crossed is a big improvement on battery life, however in comparison to these two how much better is this rom with fairly heavy use? I tend to do facebook,emails myself rather than push and text throughout the day.

Any thoughts would be appretiated

Guest rutteger
Hello there,

Cheers

For O2 contract MMS remove all default APN apart from O2 UK (apn type default, supl) and o2 mms postpay. Don't fortget to change useragent in messaging also. Works for me.

Guest moesasji
REGARDING losing phone signal if WIFI is switched on

this is what fixed it for me

FIX. Settings -> Wireles and network -> mobile networks -> Network mode -> change to GSM /WCDMA auto

(was set wcdma only)

although i am using r6 with fixes.

For me the network mode is already set to this and I still loose the phone signal when WIFI is switched on, so I doubt that this is fixing this problem. (I'm on 8a)

Guest Frankish

Just set this rom up to use as my day to day rom. Love the overclocking it runs great. Initially after install it was slow but a few reboots and it's smooth as butter.

Guest Redflake

Two points I've noticed, installing the alternative kernel to enable rds lost the default music player. Also there appears to be no standard app for video play back although selecting a video in filer gives the option to use films to play it. Films doesn’t show up as an app though. I'm beginning to think that the wifi does not knock the mobile signal off more like the mobile signal is lost and doesn’t reconnect until you turn wifi off. Noticed similar behaviour in Seb404 de-oringed rom and that was basically stock 2.1 with the orange stuff removed. For instance if I go into the garage where the signal is weak then mobile signal will drop out. If I then go into the front room where mobile signal is good it will stay disconnected until I switch wifi off.

Guest Simon O

If its not possible then ill go download the app and give it a try, just thought it might be a nice feature for some :D

You will need to use the application as Android doesn't have a build-in method of saving your phone number to the SIM. SIMs from giffgaff don't have a phone number stored on them as this is generated when you activate. But once you've saved your number using that app or with another phone it'll always be on the sim.