[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest ThrashMan
Thanks for all your hard work with this rom fibb but can i be cheeky and ask for a feature to be added (if possible) im on giffgaff and therefore the phone does not have my number on the sim, and cant enter one manually in Settings > About phone > Status: My phone number, therefore i get the grey box displayed in messages etc for me, was wondering if there is anything you can do so we can set a phone number and pic for ourselves, i know there is an app you can get from the market but remember reading a few peeps having trouble installing it :P

If its not possible then ill go download the app and give it a try, just thought it might be a nice feature for some :P

I followed the instructions on using a Windows phone to write my phone number onto the giffgaff SIM....worked perfectly :D

p.s. don't ask where the instructions are :huh:

Guest Frankish
im a bit confused as to what to flash, do i need to flash the gingerbread theme pack after flashing flb-froyo-blade-r8a.zip?

....do you want the Gingerbread theme or the stock theme? That should answer your own question :P

Guest manderson23

Has anyone been able to download MMS messages on giffgaff with this ROM? I tried changing the user agent to both N95 and iPhone but it still does not work. APNs were setup using the giffgaff app so they should be correct.

Guest tomc123

Hi,

Please help me, since about 5.30pm today i have been unable to send/recieve calls and texts and no internet usage. I have full signal bars and occasionally i get the 'H' but my phone is just unusable...

I put my sim (t mobile) in my old nokia and all was fine...

i have reflashed my phone but it still wont work ???

I have not dropped it or anything.... please help :P

ok i flashed! but i cant do any adb! no permissions!! help please!

update: kind of sorted, had to run adb as root, weird. anyway can i enable hw acceleration in build.prop without effecting anything? and can spare parts be used in this rom for faster animations?

Also, are there no longer any notifications for when the phone is plugged into pc?

I refer to this line

# Uncomment below to enable using MDP for composition

#debug.sf.hw=0

Edited by tom619

Few questions about the FLB-Froyo G2 r8a on ZTE Blade

1. Should there be a welcome wizard on first boot what asks account and then restores all the applications from market to the phone?

I dont get Android to restore previously installed applications back to the phone (No, do not even suggest anykind backup applications, those are not what is needed or wanted here) as I do with other custom images.

2. Should there be a possibility to change a gingerbread keyboard layout and theme?

I only have the default english, but Finnish demands Ö and Ä letters what should be on right of the L letter. Now the keyboard advanced settings has grayed out the possibility to change layout and keyboard theme.

3. There are many settings missing, like A-GPS option (I dont use it but just as example) and some other important from Location & Security settings (and seemed to be somewhere else.

4. Is it safe to make a own custom image by removing a superuser application? I do not plan to root the Android and I do not want to keep anykind such applications in my menus. At least the androot says the Android is not rooted, after fresh install. But is it totally safe to keep the superuser removed from the system even then?

Thanks for the great image and Android version :D . I made many changed to pre-installed applications to own signed image. Next thing what I am trying to do is to replace a official google maps with a brut maps version on the image and get TTS system working with it (now it wants to re-install all the time the TTS downloader again and again...) :P

I have one question, how do we get the contacts icon back next to the "to" field for text messages?. Other than that it's a rocking rom flib :P

Same question from me. Still getting used to the phone and rom. Thanks

You will need to use the application as Android doesn't have a build-in method of saving your phone number to the SIM. SIMs from giffgaff don't have a phone number stored on them as this is generated when you activate. But once you've saved your number using that app or with another phone it'll always be on the sim.

Ok cool ill give the app a run then thanks :P also to the other people who have commented in the thread saying the app works fine on this rom and for giving me the name of the app thanks to all of you too :D

Guest Redflake
Two points I've noticed, installing the alternative kernel to enable rds lost the default music player. Also there appears to be no standard app for video play back although selecting a video in filer gives the option to use films to play it. Films doesn’t show up as an app though. I'm beginning to think that the wifi does not knock the mobile signal off more like the mobile signal is lost and doesn’t reconnect until you turn wifi off. Noticed similar behaviour in Seb404 de-oringed rom and that was basically stock 2.1 with the orange stuff removed. For instance if I go into the garage where the signal is weak then mobile signal will drop out. If I then go into the front room where mobile signal is good it will stay disconnected until I switch wifi off.

Update on the missing music app. I've tried to replicate again and found that the default music app vanished after installing the Desire slate theme. Strange. Going back to the standard froyo theme did not resolve the issue but after flashing r8a over again the music app reapears. :P

Guest Redflake
Same question from me. Still getting used to the phone and rom. Thanks

I use go sms for texts. You can select the recipient by clicking the plus sign on new message same as the the old message app on 2.1. Looks a lot better than the standard sms app and also as different themes. Free from the market. :P

gosmsmessage-180x300.png

Edited by Redflake

Few questions about the FLB-Froyo G2 r8a on ZTE Blade

3. There are many settings missing, like A-GPS option (I dont use it but just as example) and some other important from Location & Security settings (and seemed to be somewhere else.

This is a good question. I also couldn't locate A-GPS from the location menu. Does this mean that A-GPS is disabled?

In general FLB-Froyo G2 has been excellent. I switched from the JJ recently. This feels much smoother even without overclocking and also drains battery much slower.

Edited by miasma

Guest Redflake
This is a good question. I also couldn't locate A-GPS from the location menu. Does this mean that A-GPS is disabled?

In general FLB-Froyo G2 has been excellent. I switched from the JJ recently. This feels much smoother even without overclocking and also drains battery much slower.

Settings - location and security - use wireless networks.

:P

I use go sms for texts. You can select the recipient by clicking the plus sign on new message same as the the old message app on 2.1. Looks a lot better than the standard sms app and also as different themes. Free from the market. :P

gosmsmessage-180x300.png

Thanks

:D