[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

1. Should there be a welcome wizard on first boot what asks account and then restores all the applications from market to the phone?

I dont get Android to restore previously installed applications back to the phone (No, do not even suggest anykind backup applications, those are not what is needed or wanted here) as I do with other custom images.

As far as I remember the welcome wizard was more showing you how to use the keyboard than anything else, then with and option to sign into you google account. But as soon open the market you are prompted for this anyway so I really don't see the need for it. As for it automatically restoring previous applications - i'm not sure what you are referring to there. Previously paid for apps will show up on the market as bought but you still have to manually install them, and the phone or your google acc wont know what other apps you used. Though there are services like appbrain to help do what you want :P

Edited by Fi5h

Guest tomc123

Hi,

Further to my post yesterday.... it seems i can not get 3g (H) signal on my phone... i get the symbol but cannot make or receive calls or texts and cannot use the internet...

Its frustrating because if i turn 3g on it works for about 5 seconds then just stops. i get full signal bars.

everything works fine on 2g....

It started around 5pm yesterday but my phone had been sitting on my desk i hadnt even touched it...

Oh and just so you know i am running r7...i have re-flashed it, upgraded and downgraded...

Guest m_w_clarke
Hi,

Further to my post yesterday.... it seems i can not get 3g (H) signal on my phone... i get the symbol but cannot make or receive calls or texts and cannot use the internet...

Its frustrating because if i turn 3g on it works for about 5 seconds then just stops. i get full signal bars.

It started around 5pm yesterday but my phone had been sitting on my desk i hadnt even touched it...

Oh and just so you know i am running r7...i have re-flashed it, upgraded and downgraded...

What network are you on and is this limited to your geographic location?

I must say I swap between 2G and 3G/HSDPA quite happily.

<Hi! All guys,

I just upgrade from original 2.1 to FLB 2.2 r8a.

I can't play movie well.

I use original movie player, the movie file is mp4. it will stop and quit the problem.

I try to use rock player with disable hardware acceleration, it can play the movie.

Before I upgrade to FLB 2.2, it can play the movie very smoth.

Any suggestion ? Thank you!!

>

Try turn off stagefright.

-------------

media.stagefright.enable-player=false in build.prop..........

No one face this problem ?

I'm currently running JJRLS9 but there are a few bugs & development has stopped. Has anyone switched from JJ to FLB8a & if so, how have they found it compared to JJ?

Thanks!

Guest m_w_clarke

What sis the "Market ID" or whatever its called for the Flib ROM? I know on MCR for 2.1 Paul changed it to the Nexus One, I think. Has it been changed for this build?

Just wondering, because I logged into the android market on the PC (market.android.com) using my google credentials and it KNOWS my phone is a "T-Mobile ZTE ZTE Blade". Yes, double "ZTE"

Is there anyway to change it?

I'm currently running JJRLS9 but there are a few bugs & development has stopped. Has anyone switched from JJ to FLB8a & if so, how have they found it compared to JJ?

Thanks!

I switched from JJRLS4 (+ the new kernel) to FLB8a (slim edition) and overall I think the performance & battery usage have been better. But I still need few days to experiment with the options.

Settings - location and security - use wireless networks.

:P

Why I asked this is that in jellyfish rom there are 3 options IIRC. "use wireless networks", "use gps satellites", and "use a-gps" or some other similar option in the same screen. Now that I read the descriptions, it seems the first option includes both wifi guided and (mobile network) assisted gps. So I dunno. Probably good this way.

Guest tomc123
What network are you on and is this limited to your geographic location?

I must say I swap between 2G and 3G/HSDPA quite happily.

i am on T Mobile...but iv never had any problems before. i didnt touch any settings...

no it cannot be limited, i spent all of last night without a phone because it would not pick up signal anywhere, it wasnt until late last night i turned it to 2g and all was fine ...

any ideas ??? much appreciated...

Guest targetbsp

Thanks!

I switched from JJ9 to this and they're similar to use except this one is more interesting cause it still has things happening to it. :P

No bugs on either that affect me, good performance from both, both have overclocking, gps works on both, battery life is fine on both (I've never had battery problems on anything personally)

What sis the "Market ID" or whatever its called for the Flib ROM? I know on MCR for 2.1 Paul changed it to the Nexus One, I think. Has it been changed for this build?

Just wondering, because I logged into the android market on the PC (market.android.com) using my google credentials and it KNOWS my phone is a "T-Mobile ZTE ZTE Blade". Yes, double "ZTE"

Is there anyway to change it?

I think it's the Nexus One too. I'm pretty sure it's not the Blade as I can download Pocket Legends and Blade fingerprint could never see that, unless its been changed.

Guest Phoenix Silver

Thanks!

i have switched from jj9 to r8a

r8a is better especially for the battery

Guest Beardude

I'm with T-mobile and have been noticing drops in signal but nothing from stopping me using it completely, usually for a few seconds. This is with 3g enabled (haven't even touched 2g).

Does anyone have problems sending MMS with T-mobile on this rom? Double checked the APN settings and changed the custom agent but still no luck. Not really to fussed as I hardly ever use MMS but is handy from time to time.

Other than that I don't have any problems, absolutely love this ROM! Think I may try the over-clocking next, purely to speed up Angry Birds :P

Guest tomc123
I'm with T-mobile and have been noticing drops in signal but nothing from stopping me using it completely, usually for a few seconds. This is with 3g enabled (haven't even touched 2g).

Does anyone have problems sending MMS with T-mobile on this rom? Double checked the APN settings and changed the custom agent but still no luck. Not really to fussed as I hardly ever use MMS but is handy from time to time.

Other than that I don't have any problems, absolutely love this ROM! Think I may try the over-clocking next, purely to speed up Angry Birds :P

Hmmm, just tried it again at it seems to be working at the moment....

My MMS works just fine.

Guest Simon O
can i help in finding the rds problem?

I think i found the problem: You should use FLB r8a with kernel2 and FM Radio v0.5.3 or v0.5.2

If you can hear the radio but the RDS shows loading... Not Available then check that the left loudspeaker button is switched on (its working now as enable/disable RDS hehe :P ).

If that button was off then you might have to use a power off - power on too.

I hope this will help. I will fix the app.

Thanks andorko! Was wondering this morning why RDS wasn't showing anything so I went looking for your post

post-697226-1297423997_thumb.png

got a bug with the radio app but I'll write about it in your thread.

Guest imhappy

Many thanks for your response.

Will try that.

For O2 contract MMS remove all default APN apart from O2 UK (apn type default, supl) and o2 mms postpay. Don't fortget to change useragent in messaging also. Works for me.

Guest Beardude
Hmmm, just tried it again at it seems to be working at the moment....

My MMS works just fine.

Got the MMS working, deleted the Virgin APN's. So that's one problem down :P

As for the dropping signal, no idea but It only happens for like a second so doesn't affect me to much. When I was on R6a It was fine to begin with but towards the end I seemed to notice it. Then I updated to R8a and still seems to be there.

Guest Phoenix Silver
REGARDING losing phone signal if WIFI is switched on

this is what fixed it for me

FIX. Settings -> Wireles and network -> mobile networks -> Network mode -> change to GSM /WCDMA auto

(was set wcdma only)

although i am using r6 with fixes.

i have tried this patch but doesn't work

i have the bug yet

i loose 3 g connexion when wifi is on

it says no service

Guest wishmasterf
Thanks andorko! Was wondering this morning why RDS wasn't showing anything so I went looking for your post

post-697226-1297423997_thumb.png

got a bug with the radio app but I'll write about it in your thread.

I heared that you will add the kennekchanges of andorko to that r9. Which fixes/chages we can expect for next release?

Guest vampywiz17
<Hi! All guys,

I just upgrade from original 2.1 to FLB 2.2 r8a.

I can't play movie well.

I use original movie player, the movie file is mp4. it will stop and quit the problem.

I try to use rock player with disable hardware acceleration, it can play the movie.

Before I upgrade to FLB 2.2, it can play the movie very smoth.

Any suggestion ? Thank you!!

>

Try turn off stagefright.

-------------

media.stagefright.enable-player=false in build.prop..........

No one face this problem ?

You are turn off all stagefright settings? If disable all stagefright, the phone use OpenCore (than 2.1). If the problem is persists, try reinstall the ROM (and wipe everything!)

Guest Dan Diplo

Fantastic ROM - great work!

Just noticed the official Twitter app (which is 'baked' into this ROM) has been updated on the Market. What is the best way of updating the one in the ROM with this one? It doesn't appear in my list of installed apps. Or will you be adding it to the next version, anyway?

Guest Trademark-NRW
Hi,

Hi,

same here since today or tonight.

3G doesn't work but 2G.

Greets

TM