Guest Simon O

Guest NorthRiding
Hi,

same here since today or tonight.

3G doesn't work but 2G.

Greets

TM

Me too.

Also, wifi keeps dropping (it is normally 100%). Just drops out and disappears.

Seems that I can't have wifi and normal phone signal - never seem to work both together for long. Been doing this all day.

Suspected poor/low mobile phone signal but lots of bars showing now.

Should I be running the Blade Wifi Fix with this rom?

Guest NorthRiding
Me too.

Also, wifi keeps dropping (it is normally 100%). Just drops out and disappears.

Seems that I can't have wifi and normal phone signal - never seem to work both together for long. Been doing this all day.

Suspected poor/low mobile phone signal but lots of bars showing now.

Should I be running the Blade Wifi Fix with this rom?

Just did a "force stop" on the WIFI notification application and my wifi returned immediately.

I have been seeing the notification (WiFi with the big red cross) more than my wifi signal today.

This can't be stopping the wifi?????????????????Can it??????????????

All running ok now...........we will see...........

Complete noob question.

How do i get the pattern lock enabled? first post says "Bug-fix for incorrect string when using pattern lock (to be flashed in recovery)".

How to do this??

and when menu button is presses when in sleep mode, i get the unlock screen, does this mean the phone is not truly sleeping?

Guest Simon O
Complete noob question.

How do i get the pattern lock enabled? first post says "Bug-fix for incorrect string when using pattern lock (to be flashed in recovery)".

How to do this??

and when menu button is presses when in sleep mode, i get the unlock screen, does this mean the phone is not truly sleeping?

Settings > Location and security.

And the phone won't sleep while it's connected to power or USB so the menu button will wake it up.

Guest Blümchen Blau

Don't know if this will be of help for anybody but ...

After upgrading from flb6a to 8a I couldn't send mails via my google accounts (GMail-app). The simple solution was to "delete data" of the GMail-app in the built-in task-manager.

The rom is great!

BB

Guest wishmasterf
Don't know if this will be of help for anybody but ...

After upgrading from flb6a to 8a I couldn't send mails via my google accounts (GMail-app). The simple solution was to "delete data" of the GMail-app in the built-in task-manager.

The rom is great!

BB

Thank you but i worked well for me. i also upgraded from 6a.

Guest Simon O
wipe all and reflash

Bit extreme. First check to see if they have copied over or not. Some people are reporting that contacts are importing OK but not showing until they check them. You'll want to press menu on the contacts app then display options. Select your contact ID then make sure the group containing them is selected.

Guest olionair
Just installed this on my fresh San Francisco and noticed that it vibrates on shutdown. Silly question, but is this a feature or a sign that something is up?

feature

Guest Frankish

Can someone please help. I have ran this as my rom for two days now and i can't get my battery to drain as fast as Japanese Jellyfish? I overclocked to 710mhz and enabled HWUI...the rom got smoother but still my battery lasts longer...i think something is broken????

I can't get over just how good battery life is for me on this rom...

Guest m_w_clarke
Can someone please help. I have ran this as my rom for two days now and i can't get my battery to drain as fast as Japanese Jellyfish? I overclocked to 710mhz and enabled HWUI...the rom got smoother but still my battery lasts longer...i think something is broken????

He he :-)

I haven't done the O/C kernel yet, but was wondering if it had a detrimental effect on battery or not. Obviously not!

Guest dadashi

I wouldnt go that far Frankish, its slightly better than jellyfish battery usage but not miraculously better... :P

Guest wishmasterf

great, but whats HWUI? how to enable?

Guest Frankish
I wouldnt go that far Frankish, its slightly better than jellyfish battery usage but not miraculously better... :P

For me personally. On a normal work day my usage is pretty much identical each day. On Japanese Jellyfish i'm off the charger at half 6 then by 12 (5 and a half hours) it has gone low end of 70 odd percent. Today same usage with this rom high end of 80 and the same previous work day.

It may not be massive difference but to me 10% is 10%. :D

Guest wishmasterf
For me personally. On a normal work day my usage is pretty much identical each day. On Japanese Jellyfish i'm off the charger at half 6 then by 12 (5 and a half hours) it has gone low end of 70 odd percent. Today same usage with this rom high end of 80 and the same previous work day.

It may not be massive difference but to me 10% is 10%. :P

It seems that copy and run the system from ram save battery:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...android-in-ram/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=870518

Edited by wishmasterf

Guest Movisman
Fantastic ROM - great work!

Just noticed the official Twitter app (which is 'baked' into this ROM) has been updated on the Market. What is the best way of updating the one in the ROM with this one? It doesn't appear in my list of installed apps. Or will you be adding it to the next version, anyway?

Yeah, I noticed this too. Flibblesan kindly answered my question a some pages back:

Yes the 3rd party apps will update fine.

However, the Twitter application has not offered an update, and it doesn't appear in 'my apps' on the market (presumably because it was baked in?) - also if I search for say, Facebook in the market it comes up like it's never been installed.

Or...do I need to remove them with Titanium Backup and reinstall from the market?

Thanks!

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Yeah, I noticed this too. Flibblesan kindly answered my question a some pages back:

However, the Twitter application has not offered an update, and it doesn't appear in 'my apps' on the market (presumably because it was baked in?) - also if I search for say, Facebook in the market it comes up like it's never been installed.

Or...do I need to remove them with Titanium Backup and reinstall from the market?

Thanks!

I had this with the Gingerbread keyboard.

I also use appbrain and that offered me the update for Gingerbread KB when market didn't.

Maybe try appbrain :P

Edited by Qwertzycoatl

Guest saturnreturn

Easy - play angry birds, and it'll be flat in no time!