[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest saturnreturn

Now that the pattern unlock message has been shortened, my one and only remaining qualm is that of the volume button rockers not having a silent -> vibrate -> sound progression. This was something Google removed in 2.2, so not actually a problem with this ROM specifically. Now you pretty much have to choose between always vibrate, or never vibrate, whereas I'd like an "extra silent" mode like 2.1 and earlier versions had so that at night I don't get disturbed by it vibrating on the desk. Some ROMs have added this feature back in, so I'm guessing it's not too difficult...?

Hi,

all the contacts are now showing. I ticked all the options in the contact menu. Now to the biggest problem.

Widgets are having a life only till the next restart. after a restart, its gone. All the widgets or the placeholders show an error. Why is this happening..anybody noticed this?

Can someone please help. I have ran this as my rom for two days now and i can't get my battery to drain as fast as Japanese Jellyfish? I overclocked to 710mhz and enabled HWUI...the rom got smoother but still my battery lasts longer...i think something is broken????

I can't get over just how good battery life is for me on this rom...

Quick question Frankish - I see you overclocked to 710mhz, how did you manage that ?

The reason I'm asking is because I've installed the latest FLB rom, ran SETCPU and I can't change it above 600mhz..

I'm new to this, so chances are I'm using SETCPU wrong..

Cheers

PS cheers for the rom FLB

You need one of the test kernels from post 1 installed for overclocking.

Thanks for that targetbsp, I knew it'd be something simple, for some reason I just thought it was included in the r8a rom..

Cheers again for the pointer

Dmont

my phone say sms are failing to send but they are sending

any ideas?

What network? I had this problem tonight, i'm on GiffGaff .. and the other party is on O2. She has a feature phone on O2 so it could just be a network issue.

Guest olionair
What network? I had this problem tonight, i'm on GiffGaff .. and the other party is on O2. She has a feature phone on O2 so it could just be a network issue.

t-mobile (virgin)

Hi guys still wondering whether i can enable this line to 1 and what increase in hw performance i can expect?

# Uncomment below to enable using MDP for composition

#debug.sf.hw=0

Guest Rotmann
I've just installed this rom and i'm having problems with messaging crashing when sending texts. Any ideas?

Did you wipe? You did not restore system apps, did you?

Hi,

all the contacts are now showing. I ticked all the options in the contact menu. Now to the biggest problem.

Widgets are having a life only till the next restart. after a restart, its gone. All the widgets or the placeholders show an error. Why is this happening..anybody noticed this?

Move them to the phone, widgets, keyboards and live wallpapers MUST remain on the phone (apps2sd, move2sd)

Can anyone tell me how the Widget menu collapses multiple entries?

Widget picker

Hi guys still wondering whether i can enable this line to 1 and what increase in hw performance i can expect?

# Uncomment below to enable using MDP for composition

#debug.sf.hw=0

It is already enabled. It uses hardware acceleration for the user interface.

Thanks flibblesan for your good work!

I have a question during finding the problem of Button Savior. It's not stable on R7 nor R8a on my Blade, sometimes it can't get rooted. At the meanwhile, other porgrams such as Titanium, Reboot, SetCPU..etc. has no problem to get rooted. I doubt it should be the problem of Button Savior, not R8a. But before R6, it works well. So I tried to find out the reason, and I noticed that since R7, su and busybox are moved from /system/bin to /system/xbin.

But in line 155 and 156 of init.rc from R8a, they are still written in this way: "chown root system /system/bin/su" and "chmod 4550 /system/bin/su", not /system/xbin. In line 171 are "chown root system /system/xbin/busybox" and "chmod 4550 /system/xbin/busybox"

I can't edit init.rc to make a test because it will be recovered from boot.img after every booting.

BTW, I use R8a and flb-r8a-kernel2.zip, each has boot.img.

Is that the reason? Sorry if I guess wrong.

Can I flash this rom just on a normal partition. First i had installed the stock rom then the froyo rom from sebastian.

Yip it works fine on a normal partition, I'm running it now with no swap etc.. Give it a go

QUOTE(Yo ME @ Feb 11 2011, 09:54) *

<Hi! All guys,

I just upgrade from original 2.1 to FLB 2.2 r8a.

I can't play movie well.

I use original movie player, the movie file is mp4. it will stop and quit the problem.

I try to use rock player with disable hardware acceleration, it can play the movie.

Before I upgrade to FLB 2.2, it can play the movie very smoth.

Any suggestion ? Thank you!!

>

Try turn off stagefright.

-------------

media.stagefright.enable-player=false in build.prop..........

No one face this problem ?

You are turn off all stagefright settings? If disable all stagefright, the phone use OpenCore (than 2.1). If the problem is persists, try reinstall the ROM (and wipe everything!)

Yes. All the stagefright is false by default.

I also try to wipe all and reinstall the rom. however , it's same.

I found something.

I try ModaCo, Jellyfish, and FLB 2.2. It's same, play mp4 is very slow or hang.

Then I roll back to my Orange 2.1, it works fine.......It's smooth when play 800x480 MP4.

Not able to launch titanium to do the backup, the screen gets stuck in "asking for root rights" and nothing happens after that. When i opened superuser privilege app, nothing fishy in it. I downloaded Root checker app and it said "You dont have root access".

Downloaded universal androot and click on Go root. It says it is rooted now. But still titanium stuck on the same screen. Any help?