[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest SqueakyG
I had no issues installing Titanium Backup. I recommend to download the apk BEFORE the update, put it on your SD card, so you don't need to download it with the new ROM.

Titanium Backup isn't really the issue. That's just one example of an app that cannot be installed -- because installation of ANY app causes the phone to crash and reboot. We even kind of know what the fault is all about, because wbaw explained it earlier today. It's something to do with flibblesan's idea to put Facebook and Twitter in the /Data folder during ROM installation, but not getting the scripting quite right, so any future installation of something into the /Data folder makes the phone crash.

I'm gonna have to restore a backup of Modaco r12 until a fix is released... but I look forward to trying FLB again! From what I can see it looks like a fast and smooth ROM. Thanks flibblesan.

Edited by SqueakyG

Guest MrMcIntosh77
well just to make sure i cleared data,system, cache and reflashed the rom and same problem, when installing apps the phone just reboots.

I can confirm this, the phone reboots when it starts to install an app from the market. But it seems this only happens if you have wiped when upgrading from 8a to 9a. I'm using clockworkmod 2.5.1.8.

This solved the problem for me:

- wipe data factory/factory reset

- wipe cache partition

- wipe dalvik cache

- Install flb 8a

- reboot the phone and give it a couple of minutes to complete all scripts after the boot is complete

- install flb 9a without wiping anything

- reboot

After doing this, installing apps from the market worked again.

Guest Salsaholic
Titanium Backup isn't really the issue. That's just one example of an app that cannot be installed -- because installation of ANY app causes the phone to crash and reboot. We even kind of know what the fault is all about, because wbaw explained it earlier today. It's something to do with flibblesan's idea to put Facebook and Twitter in the /Data folder during ROM installation, but not getting the scripting quite right, so any future installation of something into the /Data folder makes the phone crash.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood the question, looked like a TB issue at first sight. Ignore my post...

Ok, so why don't you just install 8a, setup your phone and then upgrade to 9a? Problem should be solved.

Edited by bhf

Guest Simon O

Sorry guys. Best I can do is upload a new version with the older A2SD method and no files on /data. I'm doing this now.

It's either Darktremor A2SD or installing files to /data calling the issue so I'll remove both and stick to the old a2sd that works.

Guest Redflake
I think someone on the previous page explained how the problem won't happen if you install r8a, then install r9a without a cache/data wipe. But if you install r9a as a fresh new ROM with a cache/data wipe, this will happen.

No, the problem is that apps cannot be installed, either from the market or from SD card. An app installation causes the phone to reboot. So there is no way to install Titanium Backup.

So install r8a then r9a if you want to get to download apps again. You don't have to wait for a fix. 20 mins and your done.

Guest John OD
So install r8a then r9a if you want to get to download apps again. You don't have to wait for a fix. 20 mins and your done.

That's what I've done and it works perfectly now - and the whole process is quick and painless.

Guest robot1000
Uploaded r9b. This rolls back a2sd to the original version and doesn't deposit anything into /data

If you want to use Darktremor A2SD then you can download it from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715116

If you had WiFi issue with r9 but not with r8 then r9b should fix that for you.

Does this resolve the issue of the phone rebooting when downloading from Market (after ROM installing from scratch)?

Sorry guys. Best I can do is upload a new version with the older A2SD method and no files on /data. I'm doing this now.

It's either Darktremor A2SD or installing files to /data calling the issue so I'll remove both and stick to the old a2sd that works.

It's installing apps to /data/app after a wipe that does it. The file permissions on the /data/app directory get set wrong, as I said before. The updater-script fix I posted earlier should fix it too.

Guest Ricksy75

Wow updates all day,great rom, just need a little help, i installed 9a over 8a then did the gb 9a without a wipe can i do the same or will the gbread cause a problem and do i need to do a 9b update ,reboot, then do the gbread 9b?? thanks in advance.

Guest Simon O
Wow updates all day,great rom, just need a little help, i installed 9a over 8a then did the gb 9a without a wipe can i do the same or will the gbread cause a problem and do i need to do a 9b update ,reboot, then do the gbread 9b?? thanks in advance.

Just stick r9b over the top. it'll wipe the system partition and nothing else :D

a quick q on the theme pack if anyone can answer - if i want the various gingerbread mods but one of frankish's other graphics (ie blue circle)...i presume i could flash the pack and then flash his alternate theme over the top of this?

and thanks very much for the rom fibblesan, working nicely on 3 x blades here :D

Guest Davie1888
Noob here, I've just installed Japanese Jellyfish but am having a few issues with it so thought I would try this ROM.

I followed this guide before http://orangesanfrancisco.co.uk/android/ho...blade-for-free/

Is it as easy as just following these steps again but with this ROM instead ?

Yes just put 9b onto your sd card, go into clockworkmod and wide data and cache then go advanced and wide dalvik, then install the zip from your card

flibblesan you've got two copies of the market in your rom now, the new one & the old one. vending.apk is the old one, it can be removed. also libjni_pinyinime.so can be removed from the lib directory, it's the lib file for the chinese keyboard.

Edited by wbaw

Guest RaverDrew
Yes just put 9b onto your sd card, go into clockworkmod and wide data and cache then go advanced and wide dalvik, then install the zip from your card

Went ahead and done it anyway before I saw this but didn't wipe dalvik :D Will this cause me any problems ?

Everything seems to be working fine and running a million times better than JJ

Thank you

Guest Davie1888
Went ahead and done it anyway before I saw this but didn't wipe dalvik :D Will this cause me any problems ?

Everything seems to be working fine and running a million times better than JJ

Thank you

No you should be ok :D

that looks like the same fix to the updater-script that i did that broke everything for me. did you try installing any more apps from the market after you'd flashed this rom?

i think it needs some more set_perm() lines adding to the update script, i just don't know the syntax. /data/app & everything inside it needs to be owned by system.system

added...

i've run out of time to test it, but if it is a problem then adding this line to the update script should fix it

set_perm_recursive(1000, 1000, 0755, 0644, "/data/app");

that's if some random wiki page i found is right & the uid & gid for system is 1000, otherwise replace 1000 with the correct uid/gid for system.system

I've tested this now, I can confirm for certain that it is the problem & the fix for it. The following updater-script works, apps can be added to /data/app after a full wipe & new apps install fine. It all works perfectly with that extra line.

show_progress(0.500000, 0);

ui_print("Writing Data");
mount("MTD", "userdata", "/data");
delete("/data/media");
delete_recursive("/data/dalvik-cache");
package_extract_dir("data", "/data");
set_perm_recursive(1000, 1000, 0755, 0644, "/data/app");
unmount("/data");
[/codebox]

Guest gijs111

I installed this rom a few days ago and today I found out it changed my mac address. How is that even possible?

Does is somehow generate a mac address or what?

Grtz

Guest ian_c_here

Many thanks flib. As a total noobie and only having the phone for less than a month, I installed this with some trepidation. Need not have worried. I followed (closely) the instructions at orangesanfransisco.co.uk and it worked first time.

All apps that I have tried are working as I would expect.