[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest rutteger

Great work, looking good so far.

Will keep an eye on the wifi / signal drop issue. What was the fix for this?

Like the 0x90 power widget in the notification bar. Sadly when you install any of the gingerbread themes it goes. Did try installing 0x90 maually (the FLBv8 compatible one) but it broke all my widgets so I rolled it back. Any other way to get the notification power wigdet (the only one I'm after) with the gingerbread themes?

Guest wishmasterf

At 8a release there was a zip "noicon" because i had problem with the release. Is it safe for me to use the normal 9b or are there changes needed for me in the zip?

r9b BUG:

1. I turn on 3G

2. I turn on WiFi

3. 3G gets disabled automatically, as it should. But at the same the phone disconnects from the network provider and I can't re-estabilish a connection.

To fix it, I have to disable WiFi, enable 3G and then disable 3G to get just the regualr connection back.

I updated from r9.

Edit: it happens even if I don't turn on WiFi. Every time I turn on 3G and then turn it off, the regular connection also drops.

Edited by sharix

Quick question. I'm using r7a at the moment and thought I may as well flash r9b, as I don't have to wipe or anything, am I right? Also, would this remove my theme by any chance?

I am having issues with Swype.

was working fine on R8a now on R9/R9a it asks me to update my swype (which I can't from market).

The message on swype keyboard reads "your trial has expired" please upgrade.

I am trying to register for swype beta http://beta.swype.com/, but no luck.

Guest targetbsp

All swype versions are betas available that are only available (at least officially!) from Swype themselves and they have an expiry date. You need to keep it up to date. It's expiry will be unrelated to the rom.

@Willz: A rom update will wipe out a theme.

Guest adamguest1985

About to flash 9b, can anyone tell me - does the proximity sensor work? It doesn't seem to in 8a at the moment. Also, again, is there any way to get the contact button back in the 'send to' field of the messaging app?

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Downloaded r9b the video app is misng, and lots of the pictures in the gallery app are translucent until you open the individual image. Otherwise the best ROM as it includes overclock whereas mcr does not. Quadrant score: 907, my highest yet!

Guest SqueakyG
Downloaded r9b the video app is misng

I noticed this too. Videos can still be played through the Video app, as long as you launch video files from a file browser. But the icon to Videos is nowhere to be found in the app drawer.

Guest TheChill
I noticed this too. Videos can still be played through the Video app, as long as you launch video files from a file browser. But the icon to Videos is nowhere to be found in the app drawer.

The Video app isn't really an app... it's more a shortcut to the video folder (or Android's interpretation of the video folder).

Guest TheChill
Go to https://market.android.com/account and reinstall.

In a word, no. See the FAQ for more info on why.

Re: Flash -- yeah, that totally winds me up... in ways I can't express in words with fewer than four syllables. But really, come on: Flash is

software. It's written in a high-level language -- on Android, that'll be Java; under Window's it'll be Visual Basic (judging by the speed), but

sans sarcasm it'll be C/C++ -- therefore it isn't tied to hardware. If it can be compile/interpretted it can be run, so what's the problem with Arm6?

Guest TheChill
About to flash 9b, can anyone tell me - does the proximity sensor work? It doesn't seem to in 8a at the moment. Also, again, is there any way to get the contact button back in the 'send to' field of the messaging app?

Does the screen come on in 8a after a call (and you pull the phone away from your lug hole)? If the screen comes on then the proximitor sensor is working. (For what it's worth, the proximitor is -- I believe -- the first sensor to the left of the speaker at the top of your San Francisco, front facing; there are two circular sensors visible if you look closely.)

Edited by TheChill

Guest Salsaholic
Re: Flash -- yeah, that totally winds me up... in ways I can't express in words with fewer than four syllables. But really, come on: Flash is

software. It's written in a high-level language -- on Android, that'll be Java; under Window's it'll be Visual Basic (judging by the speed), but

sans sarcasm it'll be C/C++ -- therefore it isn't tied to hardware. If it can be compile/interpretted it can be run, so what's the problem with Arm6?

Ask Adobe. They decided to not support ARM6.

Flash is their's, so it's all up to them.