[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Automatic brightness works on both the latest and the previous releases. Tested and confirmed by moi.

If it's not working for you I think the problem is local to you and your phone setup.

Psi

OK finished installing both the rom and theme pack, everything is stable, haven't noticed much speed increase from jj9, gingerbread theme pack is awesome!, thanks alot

flibblesan :D

Guest Simon O

Hi guys

I'm looking into the wifi/3G disconnection issue that some people have reported. As the issue has been reported on Pauls MCR rom too I think this may be caused by the same wifi driver we are both using. Currently I'm testing a kernel I've rebuilt along with the wifi driver from the JJ rom which, based on reports from several people, doesn't have any issues with disconnections.

I'm going to abuse the phone for a few days and see if any bugs pop up. I know some people are waiting for various fixes to other parts of the system and various missing features which I'll try and address as much as I can.

When I do release another version I'll be creating a new thread for any feedback since this thread is at 182 pages.

The Video app isn't really an app... it's more a shortcut to the video folder (or Android's interpretation of the video folder).

Hi Flibblesan

Great work with the Rom, I am running 8a and its very slick.

However the lack of the Video app icon is actually causing me a lot of grief as it means I can't hand my phone to the kids and know that they can navigate to the videos, and from these post I see its not added in 9b.

Could you add the app back in please? I would be very grateful if you do (its not fun trying to describe to my 7 year old how to start the filer app and navigate to such and such directory so he can start a video while I am driving !

Many thanks

Malcolm

Guest Simon O
Hi Flibblesan

Great work with the Rom, I am running 8a and its very slick.

However the lack of the Video app icon is actually causing me a lot of grief as it means I can't hand my phone to the kids and know that they can navigate to the videos, and from these post I see its not added in 9b.

Could you add the app back in please? I would be very grateful if you do (its not fun trying to describe to my 7 year old how to start the filer app and navigate to such and such directory so he can start a video while I am driving !

Many thanks

Malcolm

Will do. In the meantime you can flash this small update which will replace Music.apk with a version that gives the video shortcut.

Music.zip

Hi guys

I'm looking into the wifi/3G disconnection issue that some people have reported. As the issue has been reported on Pauls MCR rom too I think this may be caused by the same wifi driver we are both using. Currently I'm testing a kernel I've rebuilt along with the wifi driver from the JJ rom which, based on reports from several people, doesn't have any issues with disconnections.

I'm going to abuse the phone for a few days and see if any bugs pop up. I know some people are waiting for various fixes to other parts of the system and various missing features which I'll try and address as much as I can.

When I do release another version I'll be creating a new thread for any feedback since this thread is at 182 pages.

Thanks, I never got the issue of losing phone signal when wifi reconnects under JJ, or the earlier modaco froyo rom based on the chinese beta. just flb-froyo & modaco r12 out of the one's i've tried.

I also used Stackrish's wifi driver compiled from the Nvidia source under JJ, but when i tried it with your rom it wouldn't start, I'm not sure why. It improves wifi performance over the JJ driver, faster re-connections & fewer bugs. http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1483557

I only used paul's mcr rom briefly & I think it did have the same wifi problem, so it's probably some bug in the chinese base rom.

I'm not sure why stackrish's driver didn't work for me on your rom, it worked well on jap jelly. There might also be a change in some wifi script, or something else outside the wifi driver which is causing the problem.

Edited by wbaw

Guest Simon O
Thanks, I never got the issue of losing phone signal when wifi reconnects under JJ, or the earlier modaco froyo rom based on the chinese beta. just flb-froyo & modaco r12 out of the one's i've tried.

I also used Stackrish's wifi driver compiled from the Nvidia source under JJ, but when i tried it with your rom it wouldn't start, I'm not sure why. It improves wifi performance over the JJ driver, faster re-connections & fewer bugs. http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1483557

I only used paul's mcr rom briefly & I think it did have the same wifi problem, so it's probably some bug in the chinese base rom.

I'm not sure why stackrish's driver didn't work for me on your rom, it worked well on jap jelly. There might also be a change in some wifi script, or something else outside the wifi driver which is causing the problem.

It wouldn't work as the wifi driver is expecting to see the kernel as version 2.6.32.9-perf but I renamed the kernel in FLB. But as that was a silly thing to do I've built the kernel with the original version name so alternative wifi modules will work. I'll test this module out as it's the same one being used in CM7 so it should be OK.

Guest Bigbyte.me

I've an ext3 partition on my sdcard. All the application I install either from market or from .apk files, get installed in /data/app. I also can't see this ext3 partition while using root explorer. Am I missing some thing here? Using r9b.

Guest wishmasterf
At 8a release there was a zip "noicon" because i had problem with the release. Is it safe for me to use the normal 9b or are there changes needed for me in the zip?

no answer?

OK, I'm a definite noob when it comes to this stuff but I'd just like to clear this up.

Is there something somewhere overriding this stuff in build.prop?

#debug.sf.hw=0

dalvik.vm.heapsize=32m

Because shouldn't debug.sf.hw be set to 1 and uncommented for hw acceleration and I thought dalvik.vm.heapsize should equal 48mb?

Guest targetbsp

Hardware acceleration is on by default and uncommenting that line disables it.

I could be being blind but I can't see anywhere where it says this rom has a VM Heap size of 48? You can just set it to what you want anyway.

It says it's 32 here: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-the-zte-blade/

Edited by targetbsp

build.prop has been changed to 48MB which improves performance with the JIT. hardware acceleration allows the GUI to be generated by the GPU rather than the CPU.

Maybe this is from an older revision of the rom?

Guest NickNuke33

Off Topic:

It seems that, after this post, this ROM is only 90 posts behind the Modaco r12 custom ROM thread.

Note when I posted this: modaco thread had 3731 replies and this one had 3641...obviously it will change and vary.

Shows how popular this ROM is, or just how many people are posting problems/suggestions etc.

Anyway back on topic, I just can't believe how smooth this ROM is, a real credit to fibblesan. :D

Edited by NickNuke33

Guest Theme Ishere

I have gone from r8 to r9, including the Gingerbread pack, and I experience the same Market Force close problem as with r8. Not sure if that is again caused by the theme pack. I need my phone at the minute, but will try later to only use r9b without the gingerbread theme. In the meantime, does anyone else have this problem?

Guest Ricksy75

I dont have the market problem, it only asks me for my gmail password again then works, i installed 9b over the top of 8a rebooted and then installed the theme, i do have the wireless and data synch off by default and only turn them on when i need them, another point is i connect to market using wireless through my router and not 3g.

intresting observation: (flb r8a)

i used for a couple of days a disposable sim (called YESSS in austria) which is a sub-company of Orange Austria. Due to that, roaming was always on and my and Battery was sucked dry in just 2 days (repeatedly). now i've changed to my new contract sim (T-Mobile Austria), no roaming - the battery usage is much better!

has someone observed similar problems?

Guest adamguest1985

R9b seems stonking. Great work.

I've noticed some web related video sites which used to open the stream in (youtube?) now just hangs on "loading video" forever. The youtube app itself works fine.

Is this a HTML5 or stagefright issue? How would I fix it? It worked fine for me on r8.

Edit: my twitter feed doesn't seem to sync when the phone's sleeping. I have 3g always on. It refreshes every half hour or so (roughly), even though the settings are at 5mins.

Does the screen come on in 8a after a call....

It works fine in 9b. Screen wasn't going off (during a call) in 8a for me.

Edited by adamguest1985

Guest aaroncarey

Hey,

I've just upgraded from v5 to v9b.. It's fantastic :D Thanks! Noticeably faster.. I've not had any issues at all yet.. seems super stable!

Thanks FLB!

One question: didn't the background when writing/reading txt messages used to be white? Or did I imagine that? :S Is there any way to set it to white (with black text)?

Thanks all :D

Guest aaroncarey
Hey,

I've just upgraded from v5 to v9b.. It's fantastic :D Thanks! Noticeably faster.. I've not had any issues at all yet.. seems super stable!

Thanks FLB!

One question: didn't the background when writing/reading txt messages used to be white? Or did I imagine that? :S Is there any way to set it to white (with black text)?

Thanks all :D

Ok I'm stupid.. I found the setting.. it's easy! oops! Sorry!

Guest wishmasterf
I have gone from r8 to r9, including the Gingerbread pack, and I experience the same Market Force close problem as with r8. Not sure if that is again caused by the theme pack. I need my phone at the minute, but will try later to only use r9b without the gingerbread theme. In the meantime, does anyone else have this problem?

it seams thats the same problem solves with the noicon - pack of the r8a. Maybe FB has to realease a special pack.

Guest MrMcIntosh77
i used for a couple of days a disposable sim (called YESSS in austria) which is a sub-company of Orange Austria. Due to that, roaming was always on and my and Battery was sucked dry in just 2 days (repeatedly). now i've changed to my new contract sim (T-Mobile Austria), no roaming - the battery usage is much better!

has someone observed similar problems?

Somebody said somewhere that the phone battery drains faster if the cell tower you are connected to is further away from you, the phone needs to use more power to transmit and recieve. It propably needs to resend packages more often then as they don't always get through.

I've seen some difference in battery drainage depending on the physical location I am at, and the above would explain that.

Guest paraselene
R9b seems stonking. Great work.

I've noticed some web related video sites which used to open the stream in (youtube?) now just hangs on "loading video" forever. The youtube app itself works fine.

Is this a HTML5 or stagefright issue? How would I fix it? It worked fine for me on r8.

Edit: my twitter feed doesn't seem to sync when the phone's sleeping. I have 3g always on. It refreshes every half hour or so (roughly), even though the settings are at 5mins.

It works fine in 9b. Screen wasn't going off (during a call) in 8a for me.

if you enable stagefright by editing default.prop, you can open stream in youtube using browser.