[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest grissli1

Hi,

i'm new here and come from Austria. I have a ZTE Blade with AmonRA (latest Version) and JJ Rls9 with a 128MB Systempartition.

Now i want to try FLB-Froyo 9b. The Installation of the Rom is no problem. But after rebooting my Blade hangs by the green Android.

After about 13 Minutes i take off the Akku and reinstalled JJ9.

What can i do???

Greets

Chris

Guest wrtease

hi i installed r8a and got everything working excellent wifi does not drop of it stays on till i switch it of .camera works fine without the lines i had on earlier version. thanks for great rom .

Guest Steveharr
Ok since a few of the fixes I'm working on are going to take longer than I expected I've uploaded a little treat for everyone.

Overclocked Kernel :D

By default the kernel won't run any quicker than 600MHz. You will need to either install SetCPU or edit the script located in /system/init.d/80overclock

The script is straight forward. Uncomment the max speed you want then comment the previous setting. However (and very important)...

SETTING A SPEED IN THIS SCRIPT HIGHER THAN YOUR BLADE CAN HANDLE WILL MEAN YOU PROBABLY WON'T BE ABLE TO BOOT INTO ANDROID AGAIN

well, at least until you delete the script using adb.

So best thing to do is to install SetCPU and test your phone. My phone can only run at 724MHz max.. any higher causes lock ups. You might be able to run quicker, it's up to you to test.

Please do not push your phone to the maximum speed then complain that the kernel crashes your phone. It's not the kernel, it's you pushing the cpu too hard. Some phones won't be able to overclock as high as others so you need to test.

The overclock code is by kallt_kaffe and also implements his AHB overclocking. AHB only kicks in at speeds higher than 600MHz, same as on JJ.

Download: http://www.multiupload.com/HFIBAC8B0N

Flash using your recovery image.

Can anyone tell me how to go about editing the 80overclock file?

I tried editing and saving with ES File Explorer but it doesn't allow me to save or to copy edited version over original.

Guest wishmasterf
Hi,

i'm new here and come from Austria. I have a ZTE Blade with AmonRA (latest Version) and JJ Rls9 with a 128MB Systempartition.

Now i want to try FLB-Froyo 9b. The Installation of the Rom is no problem. But after rebooting my Blade hangs by the green Android.

After about 13 Minutes i take off the Akku and reinstalled JJ9.

What can i do???

Greets

Chris

Oh yeah i am from austria too.

I think you have to Wipe.

Edited by wishmasterf

Guest wrtease

camera lines and wifi dropping pf .

this is what i did to stop these problems.i had backup of clockwork from 2.1 so copyied it to pc. then i deleted just the backup.i was thinking that if you overite old backup then it just makes backup bigger.my next step was to reboot and install r8a then reboot again into clockwork and make a fresh backup. then reboot .i was having camera and wifi problems so this is what i did to cure my problems.i also copied full contents of sdcard to pc to a folder where i could copy back to my 16gb sdcard from pc. hope this kind of helps anyone with issues.

Guest Steveharr

I have been using this ROM for about a week now and I have had no real problems with it so far, it is very stable for me.

BUT I am finding it really quite slow. I kept it very standard to start with but scrolling was jerky and some apps ran very slowly. I noticed it straight away with wigetsoid this is almost painfully slow and also very obvious with ES File Explorer. I installed Launcher PRO which improved the scrolling in it's related areas a little but not alot.

I have tried overclocking it but no real change in perfomance or smoothness. Am I missing something???? or is this just how it is. Lost of people comment on how fast and smooth it is, but it really isn't for me.

Guest Paul Stemmer

I came from R11 modaco with a2sd+ (apps on ext3). The storage on that was good, but I wanna give this here a try.

I flash the r9b image. Now I don't know how to use my ext3 partition for my apps with that build. How to auto move or install the apps to my ext3 partition and not into my phone storage?

Thank you for your help!

or:

How can I use A2SD+ on that build with dalvin cache on ext2/3?

GREAT WORK HERE!!!!

Edited by Paul Stemmer

Guest Ricksy75
Just flashed this rom, when i connect to pc cant see sd card,its not been partitioned,and fat 16 any ideas thanks

think it has to be fat32, my 8gb card is formatted in fat32, also when the android connect to usb appears you need to press the "turn on usb storage", maybe you have usb debuggibg enabled in applications/development and thats whats stopping you, you did install the drivers??

Guest Simon O
I came from R11 modaco with a2sd+ (apps on ext3). The storage on that was good, but I wanna give this here a try.

I flash the r9b image. Now I don't know how to use my ext3 partition for my apps with that build. How to auto move or install the apps to my ext3 partition and not into my phone storage?

Thank you for your help!

or:

How can I use A2SD+ on that build with dalvin cache on ext2/3?

GREAT WORK HERE!!!!

A2SD is included and automatically enabled if you have a partition for it. To move the cache you can install an alternative a2sd solution such as Darktremor.

Guest burstlam

having trouble with the usb and usb debug mode.

Since r8a, the blade cannot not be detected when connect with usb unless doing a reboot for the phone.

try out with all the drivers available on this site.

I do have a wipe and clean install, still no luck.

Any suggestion on this

Hi to all,

I've first installed r8 and flashed r9b over it with the gb theme, i'm very pleased with this rom which is very stable and usable, nevertheless i have a strange behaviour with a live wallpaper: it freezes after about 1,5 days (r8 and r9b)...it's solar winds wallpaper, i haven't tried any other one but i think i'll try one from stock live wall papers to see if it does the same.

I haven't really understood the issue with the video player, i have to reinstall it right..?

Thanks for the great work done and for any feedback

Guest dadashi
having trouble with the usb and usb debug mode.

Since r8a, the blade cannot not be detected when connect with usb unless doing a reboot for the phone.

try out with all the drivers available on this site.

I do have a wipe and clean install, still no luck.

Any suggestion on this

Haven't heard of that problem for a while, it's a computer usb device problem, not the SF...do a reboot of the pc/mac

I installed the FLB r9b ROM on my brother's ZTE blade and tried rooting it using Universal Androot. But i am not able to root it

The steps complete OK but i dont get a message at end saying that my device is rooted.

The last message is that "Generating root script.. [OK]" No message after that it gets stuck at that. Even if i come out of the app and do the steps again, it still gets stuck.

I have Universal Androot v1.6.1 installed on my phone.

Please help me.

Edited by rak007

My observations:

On R8/R8a - with WIFI never slip policy - My wifi used to reconnect after waking the device automatically.

On R9/R9a - with WIFI never slip policy - My wifi DOES NOT reconnect after waking the device.

Should I go back to R8a?

Guest SqueakyG
I installed the FLB r9b ROM on my brother's ZTE blade and tried rooting it using Universal Androot. But i am not able to root it

The ROM is already rooted, which is a standard thing on these custom ROMs. No need to do anything to root it yourself. You'll see Superuser is already there in the app drawer.

Edited by SqueakyG

The ROM is already rooted, which is a standard thing on these custom ROMs. No need to do anything to root it yourself. You'll see Superuser is already there in the app drawer.

Yes yes just saw that. Thanks for clarification. :D

Guest ThrashMan
My observations:

On R8/R8a - with WIFI never slip policy - My wifi used to reconnect after waking the device automatically.

On R9/R9a - with WIFI never slip policy - My wifi DOES NOT reconnect after waking the device.

Should I go back to R8a?

That is something only YOU know the answer to? Work out the advantages and disadvantages and make an educated decision!