[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest wishmasterf

I dont know if it is ok, but i create a version for me without the Testversion-Text and made a RDS-ICON instead of the loudspeaker Icon. Because i think it is stable.

It is well useable with r8a + the special kernelupdate. Do not know if it works on r9b (Because i did not test that).

Screenshot:

post-822299-1298207582_thumb.png

If you want download here:

download

or

download (direct download)

(Thanks to Phoenix Silver)

Use with own risk!

Edited by wishmasterf

Guest prasad_den

Which of the apks that come with this ROM are safe to delete before installation..? Or, which of them are crucial and not to be deleted? I don't use a few apps that come preinstalled like the car home and the google TTS, so I was thinking that I'll delete these before flashing.

Guest targetbsp
Which of the apks that come with this ROM are safe to delete before installation..? Or, which of them are crucial and not to be deleted? I don't use a few apps that come preinstalled like the car home and the google TTS, so I was thinking that I'll delete these before flashing.

This is a good place to start: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Barebones

As is this (though note it's for 2.1) http://www.market4android.com/stock-android-2-1-apps-list

Edited by targetbsp

Guest andy9876

Hello everyone

I have taken the plunge and after owning a Blade for 5 months I have had the courage to install this rom. Much faster and smoother than stock rom. I have a few things to raise which may or may not be faults:

I'm on Orange and when I roam to T-Mobile the signal icon changes to show R for roaming but the network description remains as Orange.

Some MP4 videos which played in stock rom do not play now.

When using the camera there some equally spaced white lines have appeared. These were not there initially and do not stop me taking pictures. Also is there any way to change the resolution of the camera?

Many thanks and really enjoying using your version of 2.2

Hi, just came from R8a(stock theme) to R9b (gingerbread theme) and a bug I noticed is that after receving a message the screen lights up but when it lights down the blinking LED green that usually stays blinking to notify a missed call or messega also lights down. Anyone else with this problem?

Edited by tmmp

I installed Flb R9b yesterday and I have to say ( hope you're listening Fibblesan ) it is the best 2.2 rom I've tried, and I've tried a few. The smoothness when scrolling is especially good, so a big thank you for all the hard work you put into it and also for making it available to all the ingrates on this wonderful forum. There is just one thing I can't figure out. I searched this topic for ' quadrant scores ' but couldn't find a definitive answer to the question ' Is stage fright enabled in this rom.' I can't watch youtube through the browser, which indicates it's disabled ( am I right ) but I'm getting over 700 in Quadrant even before overclocking ( 970 O/C at 728 mhz !). Can someone more knowledgeable than I am please clear this up ?

Edited by Guest

I installed Flb R9b yesterday and I have to say ( hope you're listening Fibblesan ) it is the best 2.2 rom I've tried, and I've tried a few. The smoothness when scrolling is especially good, so a big thank you for all the hard work you put into it and also for making it available to all the ingrates on this wonderful forum. There is just one thing I can't figure out. I searched this topic for ' quadrant scores ' but couldn't find a definitive answer to the question ' Is stage fright enabled in this rom.' I can't watch youtube through the browser, which indicates it's disabled ( am I right ) but I'm getting over 700 in Quadrant even before overclocking ( 970 O/C at 728 mhz !). Can someone more knowledgeable than I am please clear this up ?

how are you getting 700+ i only get 400

Flb R9a is the first ROM I have ever installed and I want to change to Flb R9b because of the problems downloading from the market.

Do I just flash the ROM or do I need to wipe data / factory reset?

I'm a newbie and not really familiar with how you do either of the above. I've had a look around the forums for a few hours but can't find what I need to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Guest Davie1888
Flb R9a is the first ROM I have ever installed and I want to change to Flb R9b because of the problems downloading from the market.

I'm a newbie and not really familiar with how you do either of the above. I've had a look around the forums for a few hours but can't find what I need to do.

Thanks in advance.

No need to wipe just flash straight over r9a

No need to wipe just flash straight over r9a

Thanks, so if I do as I did for the first ROM I put on using these instructions below it should work ok?

Download and save the ROM (it will be a zip file) to your computer.

Turn on the phone whilst holding the Volume Down button on the side of your phone. Continue to hold the Volume Down button for 5 seconds.

ClockworkMod Recovery should load on your phone.

Plug the phone into your PC.

Use the Volume buttons on the side of the phone to highlight mounts and storage.

Press the Home button to select.

Highlight mount USB storage and press the Home button.

A new storage device should be recognised on your computer. On your computer, copy the ROM (the zip file) you downloaded and paste it straight to the root of the storage device.

Wait for the file to copy.

On your phone, press the Back button twice.

Highlight wipe cache partition and press the Home button.

Highlight Yes - Wipe Cache and press the Home button.

Highlight wipe data/factory reset and press the Home button.

Highlight Yes -- delete all user data and press the Home button.

Highlight Install zip from sdcard and press the Home button.

Highlight choose zip from sdcard and press the Home button.

Highlight the zip file you copied to your phone and press the Home button.

Highlight Yes - Install ... and press the Home button.

Congratulations, you have installed a custom ROM onto your phone! You may unplug the phone from your computer.

Thanks in advance.

I flashed from r8 without wipes, so i guess it's no problem for you too, the best you can do is to make a backup of sms, logs,etx..., flash with no wipes, if it's ok let's roll otherwise you will wipe then restore backups.

roo

Guest m_w_clarke
That's what I'd like to know.

I posted a few pages back, after installing 9a (no problems, so havent installed 9b). I got a quadrant of 909, thats with an overclock to 710MHz.

But, Stagefright is enabled in the ROM now (see the first post) so the scores are false. A score of ~400 is normal and correct for this ROM.

Search for "quadrant"

Guest jimbobvfr400

I flashed R9b with a full wipe a little while ago and alls very good. Possibly the best ROM I've tried to date. Particularly liked the power control widget on the notifications (and it had the data switch, bonus)

However fancying the GB theme I flashed the R9a version and promptly lost the bar. Is there anything I can do to get the bar back? Id there a GB theme including the bar. I've read the bar is something to do with the framework.

Guest Blues003
Thanks, so if I do as I did for the first ROM I put on using these instructions below it should work ok?

Download and save the ROM (it will be a zip file) to your computer.

Turn on the phone whilst holding the Volume Down button on the side of your phone. Continue to hold the Volume Down button for 5 seconds.

ClockworkMod Recovery should load on your phone.

Plug the phone into your PC.

Use the Volume buttons on the side of the phone to highlight mounts and storage.

Press the Home button to select.

Highlight mount USB storage and press the Home button.

A new storage device should be recognised on your computer. On your computer, copy the ROM (the zip file) you downloaded and paste it straight to the root of the storage device.

Wait for the file to copy.

On your phone, press the Back button twice.

Highlight wipe cache partition and press the Home button.

Highlight Yes - Wipe Cache and press the Home button.

Highlight wipe data/factory reset and press the Home button.

Highlight Yes -- delete all user data and press the Home button.

Highlight Install zip from sdcard and press the Home button.

Highlight choose zip from sdcard and press the Home button.

Highlight the zip file you copied to your phone and press the Home button.

Highlight Yes - Install ... and press the Home button.

Congratulations, you have installed a custom ROM onto your phone! You may unplug the phone from your computer.

There should be an "unmount" option before your "press back button twice" instruction. Aside from that, it's all fine and dandy, although people tend to wipe Data and Cache after installing the ROM. I personally wipe them both before and after, just to be safe. xD

I posted a few pages back, after installing 9a (no problems, so havent installed 9b). I got a quadrant of 909, thats with an overclock to 710MHz.

But, Stagefright is enabled in the ROM now (see the first post) so the scores are false. A score of ~400 is normal and correct for this ROM.

Search for "quadrant"

I thought that the reason YouTube didn't work ( through the browser ) was because stagefright was disabled. So if it's enabled in this rom, shouldn't YouTube be working ? ( or have I completely got hold of the wrong end of the stick ? ) Thanks for the response.

Guest kuchenmann

Unfortunately my smartphone crashes with this ROM when I try to install a widget. Download of widget is ok, but when "installation" starts, the screen suddenly gets dark and the startup animation is shown (the same that I see when I reboot the smartphone).

It happens with all widgets like "Battery Widget" or "Gauge Battery Widget", or "calendar widget".

Installation of apps (like "Angry birds" is ok).

Why?

:D

I also tried the "Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9.zip" ROM and "r12-update-modacocustomrom-blade-kitchen-unsigned.zip" which work fine with the same widgets.

Edited by kuchenmann

Guest HACKDROID

just installed r9b and all is great apart from the fact that for some reason titanium wont restore most of my apps so i have to do angry birds all over again! along with some more important apps anyway now when i go in titanium it does not go past the "building exact app size " screen its like its just searching and searching and wont go beyond that to the point where i have to hit the home button and kill it via task killer

anyone else facing problems with restoring via titanium and titanium in general?

othet than that this rom rocks! also gb theme pack is cool!

Guest stealthyboss
I thought that the reason YouTube didn't work ( through the browser ) was because stagefright was disabled. So if it's enabled in this rom, shouldn't YouTube be working ? ( or have I completely got hold of the wrong end of the stick ? ) Thanks for the response.

Thats what i thought aswell.

Guest Phoenix Silver

humm don't know if this is a hazard but

i have changed the dalvik heap size from 32 to 48 (in build.prop)

and now the bug of network lost is gone

i don't see the connection but it's that

yesterday and today no network lost connexions

(before i had at least 2 or 3 per day)

Guest Simon O
Thats what i thought aswell.

Youtube works if you use the app as designed.

What people are trying to do (for some reason God only knows) is to access youtube from the browser. This won't work because the streaming portion of stagefright is broken in all 2.2 roms. You can try enabling the stagefright http option inside build.prop but this will bring back the lovely green videos bug.

Guest targetbsp

The one that says no has an asterisk after it and explains that it's not strictly needed but is considered a core google app. As noted, the site is also for an older OS version. The Cyanogen one is likely to be more relevant for Froyo. Having said that, I have not removed the calendar myself so I have no idea what happens if you do. I have however removed plenty of other google apps the 2.1 site says "no*" to with no ill effects.

Edited by targetbsp