[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest stealthyboss
Youtube works if you use the app as designed.

What people are trying to do (for some reason God only knows) is to access youtube from the browser. This won't work because the streaming portion of stagefright is broken in all 2.2 roms. You can try enabling the stagefright http option inside build.prop but this will bring back the lovely green videos bug.

Ok thanks

The one that says no has an asterisk after it and explains that it's not strictly needed but is considered a core google app. As noted, the site is also for an older OS version. The Cyanogen one is likely to be more relevant for Froyo. Having said that, I have not removed the calendar myself so I have no idea what happens if you do. I have however removed plenty of other google apps the 2.1 site says "no*" to with no ill effects.

i have found this:

2) You can only remove Calendar Provider if you don't sync your google account, otherwise you will get an error message.

http://androidforums.com/1274956-post1.html

so i will try to remove only calendar.apk

Guest cliche guevara

Thanks for the work on this ROM, I've been using Paul's 2.1 ROM for so long now but finally had some free time yesterday to check out what else was out there, and this is easily the most stable 2.2 ROM I've tried.

Only slight issue I've come across is that the screen doesn't turn itself off automatically, which obviously is causing battery life issues. Apologies as I'm sure this will have been covered elsewhere in the thread, but searching only gave me hundreds of posts about wi-fi failing to connect after the screen turns off, which hasn't been an issue for me at all.

Guest andy9876
Hello everyone

I have taken the plunge and after owning a Blade for 5 months I have had the courage to install this rom. Much faster and smoother than stock rom. I have a few things to raise which may or may not be faults:

I'm on Orange and when I roam to T-Mobile the signal icon changes to show R for roaming but the network description remains as Orange.

Some MP4 videos which played in stock rom do not play now.

When using the camera there some equally spaced white lines have appeared. These were not there initially and do not stop me taking pictures. Also is there any way to change the resolution of the camera?

Many thanks and really enjoying using your version of 2.2

An update:

rebooting using clockwork appears to have fixed the lines appearing on the camera and video capture screens. The other problems remain and in addition the music player will not play .wav files with the stock rom music player did.

Still loving the rom

Guest Smudger0805

Great rom fibblesan :D

Has anybody tested this radio with 9b? I have tried to install the app on my phone running 9b, but I keep getting 'application not installed'.

Thanks!

I dont know if it is ok, but i create a version for me without the Testversion-Text and made a RDS-ICON instead of the loudspeaker Icon. Because i think it is stable.

It is well useable with r8a + the special kernelupdate. Do not know if it works on r9b (Because i did not test that).

Screenshot:

post-822299-1298207582_thumb.png

If you want download here:

download

or

download (direct download)

(Thanks to Phoenix Silver)

Use with own risk!

Guest Phoenix Silver
Great rom fibblesan :D

Has anybody tested this radio with 9b? I have tried to install the app on my phone running 9b, but I keep getting 'application not installed'.

Thanks!

you have to uninstall the older version before

Changelog

r9b - 17th February 2011

- Reversed the A2SD update and apps on /data as they may have been causing the market to break for some users

Can you umm... overclock it higher, so it scores like 1000+ on quadrant. Thanks. Sorry, i want it to run really high like stackblack droid, but it's not as stable as yours or modaco r12.

Increasing to what sort of speed? It'll freeze if you overclock it too high.

Like around 700

Well, how do I make it score 1000+ on quadrant standard? It use to score 1000+ with modaco's r7 but it doesn't anymore with modaco r12, and this one scores about the same as r12.

Guest Rotmann
Hello everyone

I have taken the plunge and after owning a Blade for 5 months I have had the courage to install this rom. Much faster and smoother than stock rom. I have a few things to raise which may or may not be faults:

I'm on Orange and when I roam to T-Mobile the signal icon changes to show R for roaming but the network description remains as Orange.

Some MP4 videos which played in stock rom do not play now.

Use Rock Player

Hi, just came from R8a(stock theme) to R9b (gingerbread theme) and a bug I noticed is that after receving a message the screen lights up but when it lights down the blinking LED green that usually stays blinking to notify a missed call or messega also lights down. Anyone else with this problem?

I did not notice on any ROM the blinking LED to stay on for a long time, unless the phone does not sleep (on charging as an example)

how are you getting 700+ i only get 400

Broken stagefright enabled

I thought that the reason YouTube didn't work ( through the browser ) was because stagefright was disabled. So if it's enabled in this rom, shouldn't YouTube be working ? ( or have I completely got hold of the wrong end of the stick ? ) Thanks for the response.

No, all sites suppose 2.2 has flash, that's why it doesn't work. If you set in build.prop android 2.1, they will work but you might have problems finding apps and games in market

Unfortunately my smartphone crashes with this ROM when I try to install a widget. Download of widget is ok, but when "installation" starts, the screen suddenly gets dark and the startup animation is shown (the same that I see when I reboot the smartphone).

It happens with all widgets like "Battery Widget" or "Gauge Battery Widget", or "calendar widget".

Installation of apps (like "Angry birds" is ok).

Why?

:D

I also tried the "Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9.zip" ROM and "r12-update-modacocustomrom-blade-kitchen-unsigned.zip" which work fine with the same widgets.

Did you wipe? Also did you move the apps/widgets to SD? Widgets, keyboards and live wallpapers should remain on the phone

just installed r9b and all is great apart from the fact that for some reason titanium wont restore most of my apps so i have to do angry birds all over again! along with some more important apps anyway now when i go in titanium it does not go past the "building exact app size " screen its like its just searching and searching and wont go beyond that to the point where i have to hit the home button and kill it via task killer

anyone else facing problems with restoring via titanium and titanium in general?

othet than that this rom rocks! also gb theme pack is cool!

Did you press "problems" in titanium? Did you delete in SuperUser the permissions?

What's better, this? or modaco r12?

In terms of overclocking and speed, actually... and the things it has.

Modaco does not have overclocking.

Like around 700

Well, how do I make it score 1000+ on quadrant standard? It use to score 1000+ with modaco's r7 but it doesn't anymore with modaco r12, and this one scores about the same as r12.

That's a false score because stagefright is broken in 2.2 and it skips over some tests. Scores don't mean anything, they are artificial and obsolte IMHO. You can get high quadrant scores on slow ROMs and low quadrant scores on fast ROMs.

Modaco does not have overclocking.

That's a false score because stagefright is broken in 2.2 and it skips over some tests. Scores don't mean anything, they are artificial and obsolte IMHO. You can get high quadrant scores on slow ROMs and low quadrant scores on fast ROMs.

Guest Rotmann
r9b won't fit on a 128MB partition.

When will there be a Slim Version?

Or how do get this ROM unter 128MB?

Thanks a lot!

Delete Google Maps and Quick Office apks from the zip. Flash the zip. Reinstall from market if needed.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest SqueakyG
Or how do get this ROM unter 128MB?

Thanks a lot!

Go into the Zip file on your computer and see what you feel comfortable deleting from it. If there are any apps in the system/app/ folder that you know you'll never need, delete them from the zip. Use this link as a good rough guide for what is safe to delete: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Barebones. Things like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Maps can be taken out of the ROM and downloaded from the Market afterwards. You can also go into media/audio/ringtones and take the opportunity to delete any ringtones you don't like. FLB has a bit too many of them.

I did not notice on any ROM the blinking LED to stay on for a long time, unless the phone does not sleep (on charging as an example)

In every ROM after you receive a message your screen lights up and the return button starts blinking a Green color (for 5 minutes i guess) but in this ROM has soon has the screen turns off the blinking stops.

PS:I'm using the gingerbread theme can be relevent or not. Also i already reeinstalled the rom and the problem sustains.

Guest PeterDreher
In every ROM after you receive a message your screen lights up and the return button starts blinking a Green color (for 5 minutes i guess) but in this ROM has soon has the screen turns off the blinking stops.

PS:I'm using the gingerbread theme can be relevent or not. Also i already reeinstalled the rom and the problem sustains.

Then your Blade was never really in Sleep-Mode. Now it is. You better be happy because you Battery will last longer now.

The LED-Light is not working when really beeing ins sleep. No solution for that. People use FlashNotify for getting informed about unanswered calls or sms.

To go back to regular theme, just flash the FLB-Rom again. NO Wipe needed.

If you are happy with the Gingerbreadtheme, stay with it. It wont help you with your problem.

AND THANKS GUYS for all the Slim-Version hints!

Edited by PeterDreher

Guest forney27

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with their phone sending texts to the number 447800003898. This seems like a froyo problem and have starting having this problem since installing the ROM, I think It have something to to with an APK but cant find it.

Guest skalaberg

I installed this ROM over the weekend coming from FLB ra2 lite and would just like to say a massive thankyou to fibblesan for his effort and support on the blade. I deliberated between this ROM,JJ and the latest MCR but in the end stuck with what I knew and trusted. So for no problems and a great ROM.

I also managed to get the gingerbread circle theme on it and it feels like a new phone so a big thankyou to Frankish for his theme work too.

:D

Edited by skalaberg

Guest crumplycord

having market force close problems on 9b with gingerbread theme, any ideas, worked fine on 9a with same theme. tried flashing over 9b again but still no luck.