[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest m_w_clarke

I have to agree with Flib and ask the question to those people who are trying to use m.youtube.com; why are you trying to look at this website? Why arent you using the built in Android client?

It seems to be asked every few weeks (or when a new ROM version is released) - people obviously dont search - but there is no need to use this website with the built in Android client.

Ive read this a few times in this whole thread and no one ever answers it!

Ive flashed 9b and the Gingerbread theme. All looking good, except the tiny battery icon ! The numbers on it are so small !

Is there any easy way to flash a circle battery indicator onto the ROM (but keep the rest of the gingerbread theme) ?

Thanks.

Guest crumplycord

also aswel as the market issues im having is anyone able to use their gallery mine has proven very broken. shame as I have had no problems since FLB6 looks like a evening of doing a full wipe and restore tonight

Youtube works if you use the app as designed.

What people are trying to do (for some reason God only knows) is to access youtube from the browser. This won't work because the streaming portion of stagefright is broken in all 2.2 roms. You can try enabling the stagefright http option inside build.prop but this will bring back the lovely green videos bug.

Now all is clear. Thank you.

Then your Blade was never really in Sleep-Mode. Now it is. You better be happy because you Battery will last longer now.

The LED-Light is not working when really beeing ins sleep. No solution for that. People use FlashNotify for getting informed about unanswered calls or sms.

To go back to regular theme, just flash the FLB-Rom again. NO Wipe needed.

If you are happy with the Gingerbreadtheme, stay with it. It wont help you with your problem.

AND THANKS GUYS for all the Slim-Version hints!

Easy there tiger lol, I was just saying that it never happened to me before, even in R8a the LED blinked but in this ROM it is not.

Has for battery issues I really noticed that in sleep mode it really consumes a lot less than in previous versions or even in my stock ROM so a really plus for it.

Has for Gingerbread theme I'm pretty happy with it I just said i installed it because it could be something related to it, but I guess not.

Has for everything else GREAT WORK, i use this version has my daily ROM.

Thank You.

Guest forney27

Fibblesan,

First, thanks for you hard work on this ROM. With the issue of the phone texing 447800003898, both myself and my wife are both using your ROM, I have just upgraded from R9A to R9B, Im not sure if this will help, however, my wifes phone is running R8A.

Ive seen on some post you were talking about the phones making these calls

Im wondering if you have any idea on how to fix this issue. I only have your ROM on the phone with no extra APKs downloaded on it.

Thanks,

Guest camille1462
Ive flashed 9b and the Gingerbread theme. All looking good, except the tiny battery icon ! The numbers on it are so small !

Is there any easy way to flash a circle battery indicator onto the ROM (but keep the rest of the gingerbread theme) ?

Thanks.

Unified Theme Thread

this works perfectly for me (r9b, circle battery gingerbread)

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Fibblesan,

First, thanks for you hard work on this ROM. With the issue of the phone texing 447800003898, both myself and my wife are both using your ROM, I have just upgraded from R9A to R9B, Im not sure if this will help, however, my wifes phone is running R8A.

Ive seen on some post you were talking about the phones making these calls

Im wondering if you have any idea on how to fix this issue. I only have your ROM on the phone with no extra APKs downloaded on it.

Thanks,

Contact Orange and get a new sim, if you are using their sim..seems to be connected to them.

It's not the rom.

Guest forney27
Contact Orange and get a new sim, if you are using their sim..seems to be connected to them.

It's not the rom.

Thanks, Phoned up Orange and they seemed to be in full amazement that it has done this, they are going to have a tech guy phone me back before they will issue another Sim.

Ive stumbled across the Post from Fibblesan and wonder if this is possibly related?

thanks,

Edited by forney27

Guest rutteger

Been acknowledged elsewhere but still getting the mobile network disconnecting on occasion as the WIFI is switched on. Hope the different wifi driver will solve this as pencilled in for the next ROM.

Am using a simple tasker script as a workaround for this. Checks for %CELLSRV ~ noservice when WIFI is connected. When it matches it switches the wifi off and on again. Seems to bring the network back up far more quickly than waiting for the phone to sort itself out.

Hi everybody,

I've been using FLB-Froyo r9b since yesterday on my ZTE Blade (actually Orange San Francisco) after using JJ9 for a couple of weeks, with which I had terrible battery lifetime, which decided me to give FLB a try.

Now, battery lifetime is much better, but I'm getting an annoying bug: when the phone is in sleep mode, when I receive a phone call, I can only see the notification bar, the rest of the screen remains black. To answer the call, I have to unlock the phone by pressing the power button first. If I don't do anything and the caller hangs up, then the (locked) screen appears again.

Has anyone ever noticed the same issue? Is there any workaround? The weird thing is that the bug seems irregular: sometimes it doesn't happen (let's say 1 out 10 times I actually see the caller's name and number). I'm quite new to Android, there might be something I didn't get here, I often kill unused apps to save battery, but I haven't figured anything out yet.

Thanks!

Unified Theme Thread

this works perfectly for me (r9b, circle battery gingerbread)

Thats great thanks. So if I download the blue circle battery theme can I just flash the zip using clockwork straight over the top of the existing theme or do I need to uninstall it somehow first ?

Thanks again.

Guest crumplycord
also aswel as the market issues im having is anyone able to use their gallery mine has proven very broken. shame as I have had no problems since FLB6 looks like a evening of doing a full wipe and restore tonight

found the solution to this gallery problem, only had 17.1kb left on my memory card oops, deleted some albums and it sprung back to life

Newbie Question so please be patient. I have searched but still not sure....

I've got Clockwork (latest) version and happily running 8a but want to upgrade to to 9b or 10 when it arrives.... great Rom Fib Thx)

I've got a full backup and backed up via Titanium Backup my Apps and data.

I read about updating without wiping but I'm not sure how to upgrade the rom WITHOUT wiping.

Do I just use "install firmware" in Clockwork Rec manager or "install firware update"?

I maybe should have posted this in the clockwork thread but didnt want to double post.

Thanks.

Guest kazan79

Hello,

I've been testing r9b with Gingerbread theme for few days and it's great ROM. Flibblesan, thank you, thank you, thanks :D

Before installation I've fully wpied my SF(r8a).

(forney27 @ Feb 21 2011, 12:05) *

With the issue of the phone texing 447800003898, both myself and my wife are both using your ROM, I have just upgraded from R9A to R9B, Im not sure if this will help, however, my wifes phone is running R8A.

No problems here.

In every ROM after you receive a message your screen lights up and the return button starts blinking a Green color (for 5 minutes i guess) but in this ROM has soon has the screen turns off the blinking stops.

PS:I'm using the gingerbread theme can be relevent or not. Also i already reeinstalled the rom and the problem sustains.

No problems here. As soon as I recive sms or a call screen wakes up and return button lights up.Screen turns off and return button keeps blinking for short time, then stops for short while, then starts again.... So, no problems here

crumplycord: having market force close problems on 9b with gingerbread theme, any ideas, worked fine on 9a with same theme. tried flashing over 9b again but still no luck.

No problems with market.

San-A: when the phone is in sleep mode, when I receive a phone call, I can only see the notification bar, the rest of the screen remains black. To answer the call, I have to unlock the phone by pressing the power button first. If I don't do anything and the caller hangs up, then the (locked) screen appears again.

No problems here.

There is only one BIG problem with WiFi as someone mentioned here earlier. When you wake up phone using power button it doesn't connect to WiFi automatically (WiFi in settings is ON). You can wait and wait and nothing. WiFi Policy is set to "When Screen turns off". WiFi permanently shows "Scanning". My network shows "Disabled". When I press on my network I have Connect button, so I press and then WiFi connects but it's really annoying. There were no problems like that in r8a.

|Kazan|

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Newbie Question so please be patient. I have searched but still not sure....

I've got Clockwork (latest) version and happily running 8a but want to upgrade to to 9b or 10 when it arrives.... great Rom Fib Thx)

I've got a full backup and backed up via Titanium Backup my Apps and data.

I read about updating without wiping but I'm not sure how to upgrade the rom WITHOUT wiping.

Do I just use "install firmware" in Clockwork Rec manager or "install firware update"?

I maybe should have posted this in the clockwork thread but didnt want to double post.

Thanks.

If you just use normal Clockwork to flash the update then you can either....

A) Rename the 9brom Zip file to update.zip and choose Apply Update.zip option in Clockwork

:D Choose..."Install Zip from SDCard" Option in Clockwork and apply the update that way...

No wipe will be done and Voila version 9b

Guest Gigahurtz

I have versoin r9b and Wi-Fi sleep policy is set to never and wi-fi still disconnects as if it was set to "when screen turns off". Emails are only coming thru when i turn screen on? Help please.

Hi,

first, a thanks to flb for the hard work.

Just a few small details with this rom (r9b version):

1 - the network signal sometimes disapears (rare, but already happened a few times)

2 - sometimes the phone will not go to sleep (draining the battery pretty quickly) it reduces the light to a minimum, but it just stays there ( I'm still not able to give you the necessary steps to reproduce this)

3 - cannot send any mms (sutck on sending...), and when I received them a download button appears, but if I press it, nothing happens (well, the button disappears and a downloading label appears)

Already tried another friends mms settings, already used apnpt (application that creates apn settings for all the major Portuguese networks), nothing seems to work

Anyone had these problems? If yes, any workaround available?

Thanks to all the replies,

L. Pinho

Edited by lpinho

Guest kazan79
I have versoin r9b and Wi-Fi sleep policy is set to never and wi-fi still disconnects as if it was set to "when screen turns off". Emails are only coming thru when i turn screen on? Help please.

This is very true. There were no problems with WiFi on r8a.

|Kazan|

Edited by kazan79

If you just use normal Clockwork to flash the update then you can either....

A) Rename the 9brom Zip file to update.zip and choose Apply Update.zip option in Clockwork

:D Choose..."Install Zip from SDCard" Option in Clockwork and apply the update that way...

No wipe will be done and Voila version 9b

Guest RottenFoxBreath
using the zoom in function in camera360 and zoom fx will cause fc

any solution?

Camera 360 pro v 1.5.1.0 is bugged to bits.

Try an earlier version if you have one.

It's not the rom, as the stock camera is fine, and so are Vignette, and another couple of camera apps I've tried, but yeah, Zoom is broken on them.No updates from the devs either, so if an earlier one works in the meantime, use it.

I'm using JJ RLS9 at the mo and I've just experienced this bug (text message going to wrong recipient):

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/330...ms-app/page/20/

What version of the messaging app does FLB-Froyo use? I'm tempted to change rom. Though if FLB has the bug i'll just flash the patch from the thread above over my JJ install.

ty

zele

p.s. i'm a little amazed there are no warnings of this bug.. I had to experience it and search for answers