[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest kuchenmann
Did you wipe? Also did you move the apps/widgets to SD? Widgets, keyboards and live wallpapers should remain on the phone

I did "wipe cache" and "wipe data/factory reset".

I did not change any default settings and did not move widgets to SD.

But I've seen that "Angry birds" was installed to SD. Maybe it also wants to install widgets to SD?

I do not know how I can check this?

Regards.

Guest jonmac73

Hi - noob question so apols if I'm being dumb.

Have rooted, flashed to 2.2, gingerbread theme & circle mod. All great.

Can't get onto Market first time via 3G. Checked in Settings, Phone, Status and says it has HSDPA connection (currently using Vodafone PAYG soon to be GiffGaff). But it does say "Mobile Network State = Disconnected". I have even bought a data pack add-on on my account.

Have even tried re-modding, turning off wifi and attempt marketplace connection.

Is my current SIM not 3G connectable ?

Should I be seeing an icon for 3G ?

What combination of forcing networks on/off is best recommended ?

Will try from another location on way home.

Also screen times out after 30 seconds or so and only way to get back is pressing the power button to get back to default slide lock screen. Is this normal ? and any way I can change it to accept physical home button ?

Thanks in advance J

Edited by jonmac73

Guest KopCity

Hi guys how do i uninstaller twitter on my phone??its a pre-installed app..i dont use it and i tried using emulator and it didnt work,file not found...is there a quicker way of doing,e.g though pc?thanks

Guest andy9876
Use Rock Player

I did not notice on any ROM the blinking LED to stay on for a long time, unless the phone does not sleep (on charging as an example)

Broken stagefright enabled

No, all sites suppose 2.2 has flash, that's why it doesn't work. If you set in build.prop android 2.1, they will work but you might have problems finding apps and games in market

Did you wipe? Also did you move the apps/widgets to SD? Widgets, keyboards and live wallpapers should remain on the phone

Did you press "problems" in titanium? Did you delete in SuperUser the permissions?

Modaco does not have overclocking.

That's a false score because stagefright is broken in 2.2 and it skips over some tests. Scores don't mean anything, they are artificial and obsolte IMHO. You can get high quadrant scores on slow ROMs and low quadrant scores on fast ROMs.

Thanks for the advice to install rockplayer video player. It sort of works. The video runs smoothly but the audio cuts in and out. Any other suggestions welcomed. The network description problem remains when you roam

Guest Gigahurtz

I have got wifi to stay on when screen is off with "advanced wifi lock" this has also sorted out the bug in which the screen would only unlock with power button but will now unlock with home, menu and back buttons.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Hi - noob question so apols if I'm being dumb.

Have rooted, flashed to 2.2, gingerbread theme & circle mod. All great.

Can't get onto Market first time via 3G. Checked in Settings, Phone, Status and says it has HSDPA connection (currently using Vodafone PAYG soon to be GiffGaff). But it does say "Mobile Network State = Disconnected". I have even bought a data pack add-on on my account.

Have even tried re-modding, turning off wifi and attempt marketplace connection.

Is my current SIM not 3G connectable ?

Should I be seeing an icon for 3G ?

What combination of forcing networks on/off is best recommended ?

Will try from another location on way home.

Also screen times out after 30 seconds or so and only way to get back is pressing the power button to get back to default slide lock screen. Is this normal ? and any way I can change it to accept physical home button ?

Thanks in advance J

Check your mobile network section, see if you have the vodaphone apn's in it, if not, you will have to add them, or get them to text them to you.

And if your sim is 3G enabled, it might say it on it, for example, the o2 ones on the serial number say xxxx3G.

As to the screen timeout, go into Settings - Display, and set the time out to what you want.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
I have got wifi to stay on when screen is off with "advanced wifi lock" this has also sorted out the bug in which the screen would only unlock with power button but will now unlock with home, menu and back buttons.

Your phone will never "sleep" then, so expect the battery to run down quicker.

I moved to GiffGaff, and £10 a month for their unlimited data/texts/250 mins solves any issues with wifi, I hardly ever use it, and haven't noticed any lower battery life with mobile data enabled, and App Auto Sync off(so i sync when i want to.)

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Fibble you've got #debug.sf.hw=0 unset in 9b again but you state hardware acceleration enabled, is there any reason for this?

It is enabled...If you remove the "#" mark it will disable it.

Guest Rotmann

[

Fibblesan,

First, thanks for you hard work on this ROM. With the issue of the phone texing 447800003898, both myself and my wife are both using your ROM, I have just upgraded from R9A to R9B, Im not sure if this will help, however, my wifes phone is running R8A.

Ive seen on some post you were talking about the phones making these calls

Im wondering if you have any idea on how to fix this issue. I only have your ROM on the phone with no extra APKs downloaded on it.

Thanks,

Have you installed WaveSecure? Search for that number on the forums.

Hi guys how do i uninstaller twitter on my phone??its a pre-installed app..i dont use it and i tried using emulator and it didnt work,file not found...is there a quicker way of doing,e.g though pc?thanks

Titanium Backup or delete from zip before flashing.

Guest jaymistry

Updated from R6 to R9b yesterday with no issues - Excellent ROM, thanks for great work Fibblesan, keep it up

Just looking at overclocking the CPU, can anyone recommend an app, seems to be a few out there.

I guess its the max it will run at is 710 MHz without any issues. Is that what everyone is getting?

Guest jonmac73
Check your mobile network section, see if you have the vodaphone apn's in it, if not, you will have to add them, or get them to text them to you.

And if your sim is 3G enabled, it might say it on it, for example, the o2 ones on the serial number say xxxx3G.

As to the screen timeout, go into Settings - Display, and set the time out to what you want.

Hi RFB - thanks online now. For information I needed to use "Vodafone Prepay - pp.vodafone.co.uk"

Screen timeout sorted and d/ling app for using the home button etc.

Hi,

I've been trying to install FLB-Froyo on a TFT Orange San Fran for the last few days with no success. The phone boots as far as the green Android screen then stops.

I understand that the first boot can be slow, but I've let this run for hours, with the final effort being an overnight and the phone still isn't booting fully.

I've tried the install via Clockwork and via Recovery Manager, I've wiped and formatted various elements of the SD card, and finally done a full format of it.

Japanese Jellyfish is working fine, so have a couple of 2.1 ROMs so my noob-ness is not completely to blame.

Any insight on how to get around this?

Ballan

Edited by ballan

Guest kahuuna
"Hi,

I've been trying to install FLB-Froyo on a TFT Orange San Fran for the last few days with no success. The phone boots as far as the green Android screen then stops.

I understand that the first boot can be slow, but I've let this run for hours, with the final effort being an overnight and the phone still isn't booting fully.

I've tried the install via Clockwork and via Recovery Manager, I've wiped and formatted various elements of the SD card, and finally done a full format of it.

Japanese Jellyfish is working fine, so have a couple of 2.1 ROMs so my noob-ness is not completely to blame.

Any insight on how to get around this?

Ballan "

Same. First time installing this through recovery 2.5.1.8. Mine's a Finnish blade with 5MP, hanging on first bootup(30+mins). Gonna try wipe->r8a->r9b

Edited by kahuuna

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Same. First time installing this through recovery 2.5.1.8. Mine's a Finnish blade with 5MP, hanging on first bootup(30+mins). Gonna try wipe->r8a->r9b

Might be worth updating your clockwork version.

3.xxx

Should work.

Pretty sure there was something about a new upate method that the older CWM didn't support in the thread.

Might be worth updating your clockwork version.

3.xxx

Should work.

Pretty sure there was something about a new upate method that the older CWM didn't support in the thread.

Initially tried with 3.0.0.6 then retried with 2.5.1.8 - no luck with either.

Guest Simon O

Make sure you wipe the PHONE not the SD card the install the ROM. If you have resized your partitions using the various scripts around then you certainly won't be able to flash the ROM and have a booting phone until you reduce the size of the zip by removing applications you don't need before installing. Just open the zip with winzip,winrar etc and delete some apps from system/app then flash again.

Guest Simon O
nobody can tell me how can I calibrate proximity sensor? is not working for me, and the code for sensors calibration don't work :S

The ZTE codes won't work as it's using the stock dialer.

Guest Simon O
There is only one BIG problem with WiFi as someone mentioned here earlier. When you wake up phone using power button it doesn't connect to WiFi automatically (WiFi in settings is ON). You can wait and wait and nothing. WiFi Policy is set to "When Screen turns off". WiFi permanently shows "Scanning". My network shows "Disabled". When I press on my network I have Connect button, so I press and then WiFi connects but it's really annoying. There were no problems like that in r8a.

|Kazan|

Yep. Wifi is a bit crap to be honest. I'm not sure why it works one version then doesn't work the next for some people. As much as I hate to do this I'll have to look at releasing r10 with the standard wifi stuff then release a small update with alternative wifi stuff that may work better. Some people have better experiences with the Japanese Jellyfish wifi but some people don't where as the FLB/MCR wifi works fine for most people but some people have a problem. It's a pain in the backside.

End of the week I'll upload r10 with an alternative wifi update. Best I can do really since it's clear that not all ZTE Blade devices are the same :huh:

Guest Simon O
Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with their phone sending texts to the number 447800003898. This seems like a froyo problem and have starting having this problem since installing the ROM, I think It have something to to with an APK but cant find it.

Some people say it's caused by Wave Secure, some people say it's the Orange SIM doing this. Honestly I don't know what could be causing it. I dont use any files from Orange in the ROM so it's highly unlikely anything in the system would be sending texts to this number.