[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Hi guys how do i uninstaller twitter on my phone??its a pre-installed app..i dont use it and i tried using emulator and it didnt work,file not found...is there a quicker way of doing,e.g though pc?thanks

Hi, Titanium Backup can un-install pre-installed or 'system' apps no problem. Try it! :huh:

Guest aaroncarey
The ZTE codes won't work as it's using the stock dialer.

To fix this on my girlfriend's phone I flashed another (2.1) ROM (sorry I forgot which one it was), then used the dialer codes to fix the proximity sensor, then re-flashed this rom :huh:

It seemed to work.. not sure if it was a fluke or not!

Hope that helps.

Guest calculate

Hi,

does someone know a widget for direct toogle 2G/3G.

I saw it in cyanogen mod roms (energy controls).

Furthermore they have a dsp manager (like an equalizer) which I am

missing in the good FLB-Froyo G2.

ciao. calculate

Guest aaroncarey

Hey,

I'm using 9b, so far everything is awesome.

I've just noticed that very occasionally the phone won't wake up when I press the power button, I have to press it a few times (maybe 4/5) before the screen comes back on. It doesn't happen often and it's not really a bit problem.. just thought I'd mention it! I don't have wifi on or anything.

Hi,

does someone know a widget for direct toogle 2G/3G.

I saw it in cyanogen mod roms (energy controls).

Furthermore they have a dsp manager (like an equalizer) which I am

missing in the good FLB-Froyo G2.

ciao. calculate

Yes, I found one on XDA website, it's called toggle 2g/3g, Google it. ( Needs root )

i have noticed two issues with r9b so far..

1. very slight background hiss during calls

2. battery temperature sensor reads abnormally high reading after resuming from sleep. it comes down to normal in 5 seconds but this messes with the setcpu temp profile if you have it set up..

i don't know if they are exclusive to this rom or not, but i don't think these were present in the modaco custom rom,

except for this, great rom,loving it..

Guest andy9876

Does anyone know how I can uninstall a theme I have added without deleting all the caches etc.

Is it sufficient just to reinstall r9 without doing any deletes or do i need to delet davilk cache?

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Does anyone know how I can uninstall a theme I have added without deleting all the caches etc.

Is it sufficient just to reinstall r9 without doing any deletes or do i need to delet davilk cache?

Yup just flash over the top no wipe needed.

Guest kahuuna
Same. First time installing this through recovery 2.5.1.8. Mine's a Finnish blade with 5MP, hanging on first bootup(30+mins). Gonna try wipe->r8a->r9b

I tried 3.0.0.6 and returning my partitions to the original size before JJ9, tried r8a&r9a, tried removing some .apks from the /system/apps folder. Nothing has worked.

At least the partition reversal seems to have fixed something, as now it gets stuck at the animating X instead of the static android logo...

Any more suggestions before I have to give up? :)

EDIT: Yay booted in now, figured out that launcher2.apk was rather necessary :huh:

Edited by kahuuna

Guest Efzekawe

I have a huge problem with playing back mp4s.

I've read there could be problems in 2.2 but I never got any before. Not on JJ and neither on FLB r8a slim. Currently I'm running r9b (minus YouTube app and Maps, which I installed from the market afterwards, in order to fit it into a 128 Mb partiton). Just to be on the save side, I did a full wipe before flashing the new rom so there shouldn't be any problems stemming from old data.

The strange thing is, the videos do run, but it looks like there are two pictures playing. One correctly displayed but in black and white the other one colored but approximately two centimeters off center on the y-axis.

I did a little trouble shooting:

- this happens with podcasts in h.264 while h.264 in mp4s encoded in handbrake work flawlessly

- files I can confirm to work on FLB r8 and my notebook won't work correctly on FLB r9

- no difference whether I copy from a notebook or download directly on the phone

- rockplayer in hw mode reproduces issue while in none hw mode displays picture correctly (though no solution because of the incredibly low speed of course)

- for the sake of trying I flashed the music.zip posted a few pages back but it didn't help

Apart from that this is a damn fine rom. But since watching/listening to podcasts is a big part of what I use my phone for, I would really appreciate some help on this.

Guest Rory_91

Hi just to say what a great ROM this is changed from JJ RLS7 to r8a then r9, but I have one slight niggle, I dont get a vibrate alert when recieving a text, ive set vibration to "always" in the menu. I get a vibration when recieving a call, but not when recieving a text :huh: This didn't used to happen on JapJelly. Any ideas?

Rory

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Hi just to say what a great ROM this is changed from JJ RLS7 to r8a then r9, but I have one slight niggle, I dont get a vibrate alert when recieving a text, ive set vibration to "always" in the menu. I get a vibration when recieving a call, but not when recieving a text :huh: This didn't used to happen on JapJelly. Any ideas?

Rory

This is the setting from within the SMS app itself?

The way mine works is.

SMS App -> Menu ->Settings -> Notification Settings -> Vibrate (Mine is set to only on Silent)

M

Maybe try changing the Vibrate pattern to something a little more vigerous too :))

Have you selected a ringtone for the new alert also? (not that it should be relevent)

I have a huge problem with playing back mp4s.

I've read there could be problems in 2.2 but I never got any before. Not on JJ and neither on FLB r8a slim. Currently I'm running r9b (minus YouTube app and Maps, which I installed from the market afterwards, in order to fit it into a 128 Mb partiton). Just to be on the save side, I did a full wipe before flashing the new rom so there shouldn't be any problems stemming from old data.

The strange thing is, the videos do run, but it looks like there are two pictures playing. One correctly displayed but in black and white the other one colored but approximately two centimeters off center on the y-axis.

I did a little trouble shooting:

- this happens with podcasts in h.264 while h.264 in mp4s encoded in handbrake work flawlessly

- files I can confirm to work on FLB r8 and my notebook won't work correctly on FLB r9

- no difference whether I copy from a notebook or download directly on the phone

- rockplayer in hw mode reproduces issue while in none hw mode displays picture correctly (though no solution because of the incredibly low speed of course)

- for the sake of trying I flashed the music.zip posted a few pages back but it didn't help

Apart from that this is a damn fine rom. But since watching/listening to podcasts is a big part of what I use my phone for, I would really appreciate some help on this.

Edit /system/build.prop & change the following lines from true to false, then reboot.

media.stagefright.enable-player=true

media.stagefright.enable-meta=true

media.stagefright.enable-scan=true

Aaarghhh, I'm having no luck with any ROM's I try.

JJ9 couldn't connect to WiFi, CM7 drained my battery like hell, so thought this ROM would be my savior.

Installed this yesterday. Battery was at 100% when I went to bed, phone was in standby with WiFi and 3G both off, and 6 hours later when I wake up it's at 59%...

Add to that, my favourite game (Tank Recon 3D) doesn't seem to work well on this ROM (screen keeps flashing white while game is running).

I think I'll just give up and go back to the de-oranged 2.1. Battery life was superb and everything worked perfectly.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Aaarghhh, I'm having no luck with any ROM's I try.

JJ9 couldn't connect to WiFi, CM7 drained my battery like hell, so thought this ROM would be my savior.

Installed this yesterday. Battery was at 100% when I went to bed, phone was in standby with WiFi and 3G both off, and 6 hours later when I wake up it's at 59%...

Add to that, my favourite game (Tank Recon 3D) doesn't seem to work well on this ROM (screen keeps flashing white while game is running).

I think I'll just give up and go back to the de-oranged 2.1. Battery life was superb and everything worked perfectly.

Charge the phone to full with it on, then switch off, and charge till full again(while off).

Switch the phone on, and off again, and charge again while off, till full.

Reboot phone into Clockwork, select Advanced, and select Clear Battery Stats.

Then reboot the phone.

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Guest Efzekawe
Edit /system/build.prop & change the following lines from true to false, then reboot.

media.stagefright.enable-player=true

media.stagefright.enable-meta=true

media.stagefright.enable-scan=true

Thank you so much!

Worked like a charm! :huh:

Make sure you wipe the PHONE not the SD card the install the ROM. If you have resized your partitions using the various scripts around then you certainly won't be able to flash the ROM and have a booting phone until you reduce the size of the zip by removing applications you don't need before installing. Just open the zip with winzip,winrar etc and delete some apps from system/app then flash again.

BINGO! I don't think I had changed partition sizes (not intentionally anyway) and I was wiping the phone each time with no result. Reducing the size of the .zip has done it though. Deleted Facebook.apk, Twitter.apk, and a few others and it installed in no time.

Benefits of speaking to the man in charge - cheers!

Hey.

Tried v9b but got high battery drain (6%-8% per h). Phone was idle. I went back to v8a that I had on before that has 1-2% per h, if idle. Don't know why, perhaps new oc kernel, don't know. But I did not wipe when flashing v9b over 8a.

Thanks anyway for wonderful 8a :huh:

Guest m_w_clarke
Hey.

Tried v9b but got high battery drain (6%-8% per h). Phone was idle. I went back to v8a that I had on before that has 1-2% per h, if idle. Don't know why, perhaps new oc kernel, don't know. But I did not wipe when flashing v9b over 8a.

Opposite to me. I have the O/C kernel and have setCPU at 710MHz when on and between 245 and 325 when screen off. Charged my phone last night, and if I look now, I have 97% battery left. Thats it been on for 9 hours. With weather/facebook/twitter getting pushed.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Hey.

Clear battery stats after flashing, and doing the battery sync.

this needs to be done after flashing a rom.

Guest MrMcIntosh77
End of the week I'll upload r10 with an alternative wifi update. Best I can do really since it's clear that not all ZTE Blade devices are the same :)

There may be some differences in the hardware, but I think it is more likely that some problems are caused by people having different sets of applications and configurations on their phones and some restoring applications and settings from backup after flashing.

If there are problems after flashing a new rom, it might be helpful to wipe the phone and reflash again without restoring any backups and then use the "vanilla" rom without any extra applications on it to see if the problem reappears. If not, then the problem is caused by restoring backups or some badly behaving combination of applications.

I have seen some applications interfere with others, namely when I have the program "CardioTrainer" installed on my Galaxy S (Stock Rom), Google listen does not start playing the next podcast in the list when one ends. The problem went away after uninstalling CardioTrainer.

Battery drainage can be caused by misbehaving applications, the last couple versions of "Remember the milk" won't let Galaxy S and Nexus S sleep. Its some interaction between the hardware in these two phones and the app, other phones aren't affected.

So I think it might be worth the effort to try to use the vanilla FLB for a day or two, just to make sure the problem is not caused by an app or the action of restoring stuff from backup.

My Blade is working very well with FLB 9b, thanks Flibblesan :huh: