[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest MrMcIntosh77
i have noticed two issues with r9b so far..

1. very slight background hiss during calls

I have the hiss also, but it is not caused by the rom, it was there with the stock rom also. The audio circuitry is just poorly grounded and it picks up data flowing in other phone circuitry.

You can hear the hiss also if you listen to soft music with a music player or podcasts.

I guess the audio stuff they put in this phone was quite cheap, because the amplifier is very weak also. You can not get the volume in your headphones to be as loud as a Galaxy S (My other phone).

My Blade is TFT with 5 Megapixel camera.

Edited by MrMcIntosh77

Guest Edward Tsang

Sorry for posting here, but I'm pretty sure this may be a software issue.

When I try to take pictures, strange lines seem to appear on my screen - the lines are equally spaced and run horizontally across the screen. They seem to intensify when using the camcorder / watching YT videos/videos that I've recorded.

I've read that the VM Heap tool could fix the problem so I tried it out, it seemed to work, then the problem returned when I rebooted the phone. I have yet to find a permanent solution.

Is anyone else having the same problem? Does anyone have a solution? I changed to 48mb on that VM Heap thing - 32/38 didn't seem to have any effect. ( pretty sure it was 32 by default ). I am running the latest version of this ROM.

Sorry for posting here, but I'm pretty sure this may be a software issue.

When I try to take pictures, strange lines seem to appear on my screen - the lines are equally spaced and run horizontally across the screen. They seem to intensify when using the camcorder / watching YT videos/videos that I've recorded.

I've read that the VM Heap tool could fix the problem so I tried it out, it seemed to work, then the problem returned when I rebooted the phone. I have yet to find a permanent solution.

Is anyone else having the same problem? Does anyone have a solution? I changed to 48mb on that VM Heap thing - 32/38 didn't seem to have any effect. ( pretty sure it was 32 by default ). I am running the latest version of this ROM.

You can edit /system/build.prop & change dalvik.vm.heapsize= to whatever size works best for you, if you get the right size then the lines should disappear, unfortunately the right size seems to vary. You'll need to reboot for any changes to build.prop to take effect.

The default on stock roms is 24m, I think flb set it to 32m, other people have had it as high as 64mb. 32m works well for me with this rom, but I've had to change it to different values on other roms.

Edited by wbaw

Guest Edward Tsang
You can edit /system/build.prop & change dalvik.vm.heapsize= to whatever size works best for you, if you get the right size then the lines should disappear, unfortunately the right size seems to vary. You'll need to reboot for any changes to build.prop to take effect.

The default on stock roms is 24m, I think flb set it to 32m, other people have had it as high as 64mb. 32m works well for me with this rom, but I've had to change it to different values on other roms.

Okay then, I'll try that and get back to you. 48 seemed to work temporarily, so I'll try upping it a little :huh:

EDIT: Tried a few different values - they all seem to work initially, but the problem still comes back after the phone is rebooted again. Still haven't found a permanent fix :) Still, at least it proves it's not a fault with the camera. If this means I can never turn the phone off / have to change the value whenever I restart the phone, then so be it I guess :l

Edited by Edward Tsang

Okay then, I'll try that and get back to you. 48 seemed to work temporarily, so I'll try upping it a little :huh:

EDIT: Tried a few different values - they all seem to work initially, but the problem still comes back after the phone is rebooted again. Still haven't found a permanent fix :) Still, at least it proves it's not a fault with the camera. If this means I can never turn the phone off / have to change the value whenever I restart the phone, then so be it I guess :l

If you edit /system/build.prop then the new setting wont be applied until after a reboot. Lower values usually work to fix the grid problem on videos/camera/camcorder if I set it above 32m it gives me that problem, but 24 or 32 work ok. setting all the stagefright options to false might help too.

Edited by wbaw

Guest yggdrasil31

thanks for the tweak !

Guest Edward Tsang
If you edit /system/build.prop then the new setting wont be applied until after a reboot. Lower values usually work to fix the grid problem on videos/camera/camcorder if I set it above 32m it gives me that problem, but 24 or 32 work ok. setting all the stagefright options to false might help too.

Ahah! Thanks a million! Problem fixed after lowering the value to 24 (android default) with VM Heap from android market :huh: Seems to be a permanent fix - rebooted three times and the camera still works as it should. Thanks again :)!

Guest kuchenmann
Unfortunately my smartphone crashes with this ROM when I try to install a widget. Download of widget is ok, but when "installation" starts, the screen suddenly gets dark and the startup animation is shown (the same that I see when I reboot the smartphone).

It happens with all widgets like "Battery Widget" or "Gauge Battery Widget", or "calendar widget".

Installation of apps (like "Angry birds" is ok).

Why?

:huh:

I also tried the "Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9.zip" ROM and "r12-update-modacocustomrom-blade-kitchen-unsigned.zip" which work fine with the same widgets.

Sorry, my mistake. I installed flb-froyo-blade-r9a thinking it is the latest version.

With flb-froyo-blade-r9b the widget installation problem does not occur!

So I'll try this ROM.

Guest rembomy

Maybe its just me but when i put on the wall charger the battery just jumped +10% with the r9b.

Also i'm unable to uninstall task managed and other applications that were in the bundle with this rom, any idea how can i do that?

Guest xeyaztian

Quick question..

When I used this ROM i lost all my data (I knew this would happen I am not complaining!) and the ROM is great!)

Now in the future should I use this ROM again but go to a newer version or to a new ROM with 2.3 (if they make a stable fully working one) is there a way to not loose game data and things like that.

And also if an app is moved to SD will it remain there.

Thank you for your time!

Quick question..

When I used this ROM i lost all my data (I knew this would happen I am not complaining!) and the ROM is great!)

Now in the future should I use this ROM again but go to a newer version or to a new ROM with 2.3 (if they make a stable fully working one) is there a way to not loose game data and things like that.

And also if an app is moved to SD will it remain there.

Thank you for your time!

titanium backup

So I get Titanium Backup, and this saves ALL data to SD card im guessing??

It can be used to backup your apps & their settings to your sd card, it also backs up accounts, wifi access points, contacts & things like that. You can then choose which parts to restore after you've installed a new rom. it's good for saving your progress in games, your wireless access points, etc, but it's not a full backup of everything. It doesn't save all data to the sdcard, just the important bits.

A nandroid backup saves all the data to the sd card, but its no use for transferring data between different roms, it's just for taking a snapshot of your current setup.

Clear battery stats after flashing, and doing the battery sync.

this needs to be done after flashing a rom.

Hello.

Could you please explain how to do this or provide a link

Thanks

Guest Rotmann
Updated from R6 to R9b yesterday with no issues - Excellent ROM, thanks for great work Fibblesan, keep it up

Just looking at overclocking the CPU, can anyone recommend an app, seems to be a few out there.

I guess its the max it will run at is 710 MHz without any issues. Is that what everyone is getting?

SetCPU is the program (free on xda-devs, costs on the market), every CPU is unique, it can clock 768MHz or 670MHz. You have to try and find the best value in little steps.

Hi,

does someone know a widget for direct toogle 2G/3G.

I saw it in cyanogen mod roms (energy controls).

Furthermore they have a dsp manager (like an equalizer) which I am

missing in the good FLB-Froyo G2.

ciao. calculate

Widgetsoid.

2. battery temperature sensor reads abnormally high reading after resuming from sleep. it comes down to normal in 5 seconds but this messes with the setcpu temp profile if you have it set up..

i don't know if they are exclusive to this rom or not, but i don't think these were present in the modaco custom rom,

All 2.2 show this, no problem.

Bug: when charging with main charger it says its charging in usb.

Maybe your charger is not strong enough?

How do I add another favorite ringtones to contacts?

Hold contact pressed.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Hello.

Could you please explain how to do this or provide a link

Thanks

Charge the phone to full with it on, then switch off, and charge till full again(while off).

Switch the phone on, and off again, and charge again while off, till full.

Reboot phone into Clockwork, select Advanced, and select Clear Battery Stats.

Then reboot the phone.

Simples. :huh:

Guest andy9876
Edit /system/build.prop & change the following lines from true to false, then reboot.

media.stagefright.enable-player=true

media.stagefright.enable-meta=true

media.stagefright.enable-scan=true

Is there an text editing app I can use to do this on the phone. When I try to use a notepad type app it says access denied.

Guest Efzekawe
Is there an text editing app I can use to do this on the phone. When I try to use a notepad type app it says access denied.

You need super user permissions to do this. One easy way would be to use Root Explorer or another filemanager with root rights. In Root Explorer you can longpress the file and choose "open in text editor". Alternatively you could copy the file to your sd-card, edit it with any editor and copy it back overwriting the original file (maybe do a backup first).

Edited by Efzekawe

Is anybody encounter the folowwing problem : when i pick up a contact to send it via text ( SMS ) to someone, there is no response, nothing happens. The plain test sendings is Ok, i can send and receive too, but sending contacts is not working at all. Actually i use FLB-R8 Hungarian version , is this bug appears also in english version of this ROM ?

Guest calculate
Widgetsoid.

I think it's only a shortcut to mobile settings for toogle 2G/3G.

I'm looking for a direct switch like engery settings in the cyanogen mods.

ciao. calculate