[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest Teh H4rRy
Which alternative keyboards work with this rom? I can see the HTC one doesn't at the moment.

Check this thread, I found a link to an updated 2.2 version of HTC_IME

Guest Blundell
Here is a list of .apk files that can be safely removed from the system\app folder. There are others, however these do not cause any instability.

amazonmp3.apk

CarDock.apk

CarHomeGoogle.apk << these 3 only needed if you have a car dock?

CarHomeLauncher.apk

com.google.tts-1.apk (Text-to-Speech)

com.schwimmer.android.wifistatus.apk

com.wsandroid.apk (WaveSecure)

FM_zte.apk (FM Radio)

GenieWidget.apk (News and Weather)

GoogleMyTracks.apk

GoogleShopper.apk

GoogleTranslate.apk

listen-1.1.4.apk < Whats this

MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk < This comes default with 2.2?

PbAndroid.apk (Photobucket)

PicoTts.apk (Text-to-Speech)

Protips.apk (Home screen tips)

RomManager.apk

SpareParts.apk << whats this

Stk.apk (Manages multiple SIMs)

Street.apk (Google Maps Streetview)

Talk.apk (Google Talk)

TtsServies.apk (Text-to-Speech)

VoiceDialer.apk << this comes default with 2.2?

VoiceSearch.apk << this comes default with 2.2?

VpnServices.apk << whats this?

Wiper.apk << whats this?

I appreciate you saying you can remove these safely to make a LITE version, but some of these come stock with the normal 2.2 rom right? See my comments above

Guest Bazd123

Hey all, new to all of this Android stuff, just moved over from using an iPhone (won't even go into that nightmare) and glad I made the move.

As a n00b so to speak this was easy to follow and install, my Blade is now running super nice and fast now.

Only had the screen freeze once on me so far but apart from that no other major issues. I have noticed a couple of small things though and that is that the back button on the phone is constantly flashing red. Never done this before putting Froyo on and not an issue, just found it a tad odd. Also that the contacts display photos I've assigned but when using messages or Gmail/Email, it shows the photos as being blank.

As for battery life, haven't noticed any difference, even when using dialler all seems good.

Just want to say a massive thanks to flibblesan for this build and everyone else that's helped.

Guest CodeWarrior

Firstly thanks to flibblesan and everyone else that's helped. Thought I'd give back by making a lite version as there's been a few requests. Also added HTC IME keyboard. Enjoy...

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jbpayi7jrc267ch

Changelog

Removed:

amazonmp3.apk

CarDock.apk

CarHomeGoogle.apk

CarHomeLauncher.apk

com.google.tts-1.apk (Text-to-Speech)

com.schwimmer.android.wifistatus.apk

com.wsandroid.apk (WaveSecure)

GenieWidget.apk (News and Weather)

GoogleMyTracks.apk

GoogleShopper.apk

GoogleTranslate.apk

listen-1.1.4.apk

MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk

PbAndroid.apk (Photobucket)

PicoTts.apk (Text-to-Speech)

Protips.apk (Home screen tips)

RomManager.apk

Wiper.apk

Added:

HTC IME keyboard (HTC_IME_hi22.apk & Clicker_hi.apk)

Edited by CodeWarrior

Great rom fibblesan & contributors.

Anybody successfully managed to restore their call log? (coming from Paul's latest 2.1 rom)

Restored contacts using google sync and text messages using titanium, but no luck with the call log yet (is the dialer software too different?), is there a different method I could use, an import/export tool maybe?

Edited by dan653

Guest Aranathos
I appreciate you saying you can remove these safely to make a LITE version, but some of these come stock with the normal 2.2 rom right? See my comments above

Yes, almost half of those I listed come with the stock ROM which is why I labelled it a 'lite' version rather than a 'close to stock'. It was more a guide to what can be safely removed.

Can anyone help me out with a better Dialer? I like this rom I just want to sort out the power consumption issue

I'm going to remove the stock dialer this evening and replace it with 'Dialer One', I'll report back.

Hi. I just want to say thank you to flibblesan, this ROM is nothing short of amazing!

Just to round up my experience.

1. Battery consumption is about the same as original ROM from Orange - about a day with regular use of SMS, data, call.

2. GPS works brilliantly! It seems to find me even faster now.

3. Camera works perfectly (not seeing lines, not in B&W)

4. Market works perfectly in WIFI and 3G.

5. Angry Birds is running so much faster and I expect all other apps is going to benefit from Froyo's JIT compiler (read somewhere here that this is how Froyo improves performance.)

I'm complete noob and this is my very first android and at £79 (with £20 off with phonefund) things couldn't be sweeter! Or could it? Stable froyo release perhaps?

KR,

Lixcab

Guest SWOriginal

Anyone having issues playing raging thunder 2 on this rom? worked perfectly on 2.1 but on this one after it loads up and goes past the company splash screens it just freezes

Guest Frankish
Yes, almost half of those I listed come with the stock ROM which is why I labelled it a 'lite' version rather than a 'close to stock'. It was more a guide to what can be safely removed.

I'm going to remove the stock dialer this evening and replace it with 'Dialer One', I'll report back.

I tried removing the phone.apk (i think that is dialer?) and got a ton of force closes even though i have Dialer One installed B)

Guest Kthulhu

First to say thanks for this great room! Installed and used for a couple of hours work perfectly - just GPS map made some wrong locations.

My problem was to restore all my apps using Titanium back up - I could not make it work. I had Ap2sd and lots of apps in SD card....could this be the reason?

What should I do to be able to install Froyo room and then restore my apps and data (especially al my contacts list)?

thanks! B)

Guest philmein
First to say thanks for this great room! Installed and used for a couple of hours work perfectly - just GPS map made some wrong locations.

My problem was to restore all my apps using Titanium back up - I could not make it work. I had Ap2sd and lots of apps in SD card....could this be the reason?

What should I do to be able to install Froyo room and then restore my apps and data (especially al my contacts list)?

thanks! B)

install busybox before you restore apps with titanium backup. all then should be ok

Guest Aranathos
I tried removing the phone.apk (i think that is dialer?) and got a ton of force closes even though i have Dialer One installed B)

I believe SmartDialer.apk is the file that needs removed, phone.apk is required. I'll post back in a few minutes.

EDIT

Can't be done, removing phone.apk and SmartDialer.apk renders the phone (as a phone) useless.

Edited by Aranathos

I believe SmartDialer.apk is the file that needs removed, phone.apk is required. I'll post back in a few minutes.

EDIT

Can't be done, removing phone.apk and SmartDialer.apk renders the phone (as a phone) useless.

^^lol glad i didnt try that, is there any way to change the default dialer to dialer one?

amazing rom thanks so much just the dialer is raping my battery :/

when i woke up this morning,

i found out that the phone was in vibrate only mode,

but when i slept, i m pretty sure that i was not in that mode,

am i the only one having this situation?

No. Sometimes when mine goes into sleep mode it comes out with the ringer switched back on (having left it on silent), screen rotate turned on (am using extended controls - so I can see straight away what toggles are changing), mobile data on (after having de-activated it), etc..

TBH its not a deal breaker for me as it doesnt always happen. Sometimes you can leave it for 10 mins and it'll change all the settings. Other time you can leave it for hours and it'll wake up exactly as you have left it?

Gremlins probably.

Having tried all of the available roms and tested them thoroughly against my own personal needs, I'd say so far this is the BEST. Performance is great. Havent noticed a problem with battery life either and I piss about on my SF all day long! Cheers Flibblesan - great work!

Oh, and for all of you wondering about migrating from 2.1 > do it! You wont regret it.

Edited by joefez

thanks! B)

Just a heads up. Do not do a full/complete restore as you're likely to end up with a heap of malfunctioning system apps force closing and you'll end up having to reflash your phone. Just restore your market apps + data and any data associated with system apps, ie. sms log, desktop settings etc.

I migrated from French Fries R5, and all my apps worked fine, though I did have to move some apps back into internal storage from the SD card as they did not function correctly.

Hope that helps

Hi there,

ive downloadet the FLB-Froyo that was made by Codewarrior. It looks pretty good and is very fast, but theres one problem. i cant log on into the market, does anyone know how to solve this prob? would be very nice if you could help me.

regards from germany

markus

€ i think i cant connect to the google servers.

the translated message which appears: there is no stable connection available. but i have both, wifi and 3g enabled. but both dont work :/

Edited by Nanuqe

Guest Teh H4rRy

I loved this ROM but now I am gonna change back to 2.1. The 3 things that are bugging me, the power problem, the notification light having a mind of his own and the touch screen issue (when I woke up I had to pull the battery out) I will be back on the band wagon however when a more refined version is out B)

Guest fredewis
Anyone having issues playing raging thunder 2 on this rom? worked perfectly on 2.1 but on this one after it loads up and goes past the company splash screens it just freezes

+1 mate i liked that game but it just wontrun any fix?

Guest domenico lamberti

@FLB is this as easy as i was told , do you download this file , btw im running pauls R4 ROM , download it , slap it on my SD card , boot into recovery ,find this and select install it from there , but ive got ROM manager ,if i put it on my SD card i can install it through ROM manager easily , would it work? it would be alot less hassle and i would love to have froyo on here, angry bird lags sometimes

Guest sensory
Great rom fibblesan & contributors.

Anybody successfully managed to restore their call log? (coming from Paul's latest 2.1 rom)

I always use My Backup Pro to restore SMS and call log.

Does any one have issues with their GPS saying their in a different place than they actually are? For me, it says I'm in the Yorkshire Dales, while I'm in Leeds. It fixes itself after about 30 seconds, but it won't fix itself for apps like Tweetdeck with which you can post your GPS details along with your tweets.

BTW, if any one is after another dailer, Youlu address book is VERY nice. I use it as default anyway because it looks very flashy.

Guest markusj
I always use My Backup Pro to restore SMS and call log.

Does any one have issues with their GPS saying their in a different place than they actually are? For me, it says I'm in the Yorkshire Dales, while I'm in Leeds. It fixes itself after about 30 seconds, but it won't fix itself for apps like Tweetdeck with which you can post your GPS details along with your tweets.

BTW, if any one is after another dailer, Youlu address book is VERY nice. I use it as default anyway because it looks very flashy.

Once I tried to check in somewhere with poor GPS reception (inside the building) with wifi... It placed me 3 kms farther from my actual location, and didn't showed the slightest interest in placing me on the right spot. After a while I switched to 3G, and suddenly everything became perfect.