[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Can anyone help me out with a better Dialer? I like this rom I just want to sort out the power consumption issue

it is not consuming the power - its just reporting incorrectly..

Guest domenico lamberti

well ive done this update , and i ddi it perfectly apart from one thing, i cant connect to market or gmail , or youtube or anything internet intensive without being on wifi , even though i have like £3 credit ? so im confised

well ive done this update , and i ddi it perfectly apart from one thing, i cant connect to market or gmail , or youtube or anything internet intensive without being on wifi , even though i have like £3 credit ? so im confised

did you do a cache and dalvik cache clear first ??

Guest Just Wondering

Hi , i'm on 2.1 r4 , i'm going to install the lite version and i was wondering , will the install prep the SD card so i can install programs on to the sd card ?

Or is there another function / program i need to make the sd card suitable for using for program installs.

thank you.

Guest oh!dougal

Does any one have issues with their GPS saying their in a different place than they actually are? For me, it says I'm in the Yorkshire Dales, while I'm in Leeds. It fixes itself after about 30 seconds, but it won't fix itself for apps like Tweetdeck with which you can post your GPS details along with your tweets.

Its a general issue, if you read around the forum. (GPS Leeds or GPS Yorkshire should be good search terms)

That's where it puts you until it knows better (even if you are actually in London or Cornwall).

Overseas users have also noted that with 2.2 they are regularly "located" somewhere near the centre of their various countries ....

My supposition is that the phone-network-assistance to the GPS is only doing its stuff on a national level and not as it should, down to a few hundred yards.

Probably something still on the "To Do" list at ZTE when the prototype rom (that ALL current 2.2's are based on) went off on its own.

Its unlikely to be something an independent dev or cracker is going to fix. But ZTE will. In a month or so.

Accordingly, my suggestion for a workaround would be to try turning off A-GPS, and see what that gives you. Depending on how far you tend to move, it may take longer to RE-establish your position. It'll probably take longer to get the first fix. And if you get a GPS fix before you use an app that is going to use it, then the app shouldn't have to need to wait patiently for the answer to its "where am I" question ...

Either that or just turn off the location option in your apps. You're using pre-production, development stage, firmware. You don't have to.

Guest ballist1x

been on this rom, managed to flatten my battery in less than 5 hours doing some browsing and angry bird work last night so rolled back to Hedgehog hungarian and battery life seems much improved and no sign of dialler rearing its ugly head!

it is not consuming the power - its just reporting incorrectly..

it is consuming power. my battery life is 8 hours max with this rom compared with about 36 with orange stock rom

Guest cmberry20

Currently trying to restore loads of apps (using Batch) using Titanium Backup (free). However, its keeps locking up every couple of processes/apps. The only way to clear the lock up is to reboot the phone.

Is this normal? And if it is, is there a way to clear/reset the lock up with having to reboot the phone?

Cheers.

Guest AndyHibberd

What's the likelihood of fixing the Course Location problem?

This is the only downside of this release now that we have confirmed the dialer bug is a false reading.

(Oh and I can't click telephone numbers in google search results but hey.)

Guest cubegame

I installed this on my SF yesterday and early impressions are good apart from a couple of things.

First, I had an instance of a program crashing (CoPilot Navigator) which then totally wrecked the system. After the crash I took the battery out and restarted but the phone was completely done for.

I reflashed and then installed a new instance of CoPilot instead of restoring from backup and now all is ok.

The other main annoyance is that this seems to have brought me the wifi problem. I had no issues at all before on stock rom or Modaco R4 rom, but now wifi is dropped when it sleeps and it won't reconnect.........

Otherwise, phone is faster and battery life seems unchanged.

Guest cmberry20

ok, Titanium Backup is really pi$$ing me off.

Most of the time it gets stuck on the loading screen 'Asking for Root Rights', if it gets stuck i have to reboot my phone.

If it doesnt get stuck i can start a Batch restore of my apps from 2.1, however, this keeps freezing have about 5 apps or so. This also requires a phone reboot.

At this rate i'm going back to Villians 2.1 ROM!!!

B)

I don't think it's Ti - I think it's an issue with the SU app - I reasonably frequently have issues which require root hanging when requesting SU access. Killing them, then opening SU, and then trying again normally resolves the issue.

ok, Titanium Backup is really pi$$ing me off.

Most of the time it gets stuck on the loading screen 'Asking for Root Rights', if it gets stuck i have to reboot my phone.

If it doesnt get stuck i can start a Batch restore of my apps from 2.1, however, this keeps freezing have about 5 apps or so. This also requires a phone reboot.

At this rate i'm going back to Villians 2.1 ROM!!!

B)

Guest redironman

Hi all,

Have found this to be a great rom having tried Pauls r4 first.

Couple of issues I have had...

Firstly battery life, although about the same as with the r4 is pitiful. I can't seem to get more than about 8 hours even with wifi/GPS/3g off screen very low.

Secondly (and possibly related) I powered off the phone at 10pm last night (with 56% battery indicated). This morning 8am I find it will not switch on unless charger connected and battery at 0%!!!

any ideas?

Guest Just Wondering
Currently trying to restore loads of apps (using Batch) using Titanium Backup (free). However, its keeps locking up every couple of processes/apps. The only way to clear the lock up is to reboot the phone.

Is this normal? And if it is, is there a way to clear/reset the lock up with having to reboot the phone?

Cheers.

I had this same issue and had to reboot a few times , but got there in the end ,

Also as a ADDED issue , once all my utils where installed , once in market place non of my titanium reinstalled apps showed in the download section , so i cant update the utils.....i have checked in titanium and all apps are attached to the market place.

help please , i'm hoping not to have to reinstall my apps..for marketplace , so it can see when updates are there

Guest The Soup Thief
I had this same issue and had to reboot a few times , but got there in the end ,

Also as a ADDED issue , once all my utils where installed , once in market place non of my titanium reinstalled apps showed in the download section , so i cant update the utils.....i have checked in titanium and all apps are attached to the market place.

help please , i'm hoping not to have to reinstall my apps..for marketplace , so it can see when updates are there

Backing up on Titanium Backup I found that if the screen orientation changed it would interrupt the backup and would freeze the app and sometimes the phone, meaning I'd have to go into Settings>Applications to close the app or else do a hard reset

After about 4 abortive attempts to do a big backup I figured this out, started another backup and set the phone down for 10 minutes perfectly still - worked a treat

Try leaving it still somewhere to "concentrate" - see if it helps any

Re: battery consumption - I got 24 more than 24 hours out of mine over the weekend -

Re: GPS - didn't work initially but is perfick now

Hi - My Calendar application in week view and month view has an orange bar at the top (possibly covering dates/days?) Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Could you check your calendar please and let me know.

Also, for a fix, is it better to get a new calendar app from the market? Any suggestions?

Cheers!

As mentioned previously for Titanium backup click on the problems box and let it download busy box to overwrite the existing version which must be buggy.

Once I'd done this a batch install worked fine. It also stopped errors on individual restores.

Does reverse tethering work on this ROM ?

i.e. connect to an AD-HOC Wireless network on a laptop to access a wired Internet connection ?

Edited by Mike_G

Hi - My Calendar application in week view and month view has an orange bar at the top (possibly covering dates/days?) Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Could you check your calendar please and let me know.

Also, for a fix, is it better to get a new calendar app from the market? Any suggestions?

Cheers!

I use Calendar Pad (free in the Market).

Works nicely - well, I like it anyway!

Been a few days now with this ROM. Most pressing issue is that the touchscreen sometimes becomes unresponsive. Happened yesterday and today. There doesn't appear to be a pattern for it too, it lights up fine when you press the power button, just not responding to touch. Have to pull out the battery everytime.

Another issue is the red light coming on and staying on randomly for a good gew hours. Have no idea why. Its not flashing, just permanently on.

Barring those faults, the ROM is incredibly good. So fast and nifty. I'm sticking with it despite those niggles. Good Work Fib!

Guest bugeyes
What's the likelihood of fixing the Course Location problem?

This is the only downside of this release now that we have confirmed the dialer bug is a false reading.

(Oh and I can't click telephone numbers in google search results but hey.)

How have you confirmed dialler is giving a false reading?

Since dialler stopped showing on my battery usage, my battery lasts nearly twice as long! after a days use its at 75%! thats no false reading!

How have you confirmed dialler is giving a false reading?

Since dialler stopped showing on my battery usage, my battery lasts nearly twice as long! after a days use its at 75%! thats no false reading!

how did u stop your dialer showing on battery usage? ive not made a phonecall all day and it still says 96% and i have dialer one installed :/

Edited by jayhix