[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Thanks for fast reply.Yeah like my friend ask you is there any way that we not going to loose our sruff in the phone.

from what i can gather titanium back up will do the job, but i could do with clarification? please B)

Guest rayraven

Also, anyway we can get the light sensor to work?

The proximity sensor seems to work fine, just the light sensor isnt detected for some reason.

what will be the effect to the blade?

slower in performance?

Not as far as i'm aware, the fact that the setting has 'debug' in it, makes me wanna stay away from it for regular use.

Edited by rayraven

Hi Niks10 - I've had no problems with Swype - try reinstalling it

The LED situation is indeed a thing of wonder - seems to flash red to get me to pay it a bit of attention - usually turns out there is a message/email/missed call/ low battery or somesuch (maybe it just wants a bit of attention)

My camera worked from the get-go but was in black and white for the first day, then for no good reason turned full colour

Dunno about Youchoob

Give it time, is all I can say - it's all working just lovely now, including rather smashing GPS, which was a bit shakey to start with

Edit - I've had no problems w touch screen since first switch on

Hi, The Soup Thief

I got Swype working now, was my fault for not selecting it as an input option in key-field.

I have installed flb-froyo-blade-r3 ROM as listed on first page and all three problem have vanished now.

Very happy with this ROM.

Guest Pakatus

anyone can tell me if this new rom already allows you to choose your ringtone?

r2a didnt do anything when i went to Settings > Sounds >Ringtone or Notifications

Guest Aranathos
ok i wipe and install it to be honest interface and everything impressive i love it but battery issue still same its drain fast sorry. B)

Have you unticked 'Sound' > 'Turn to mute' and rebooted?

ok so to report back on R3 the main problem im having currently is a force close loop for acore process i think this is something to do with the dialer? not entirely sure and once in the force close loop i have to reboot to fix, had this experience twice currently, anyone else had the same?

no other issues to report will post back after further testing

EDIT acore package consists of .launcher .applications .contacts and .userdictionary according to dev tools, if thats any help to anyone

Edited by jayhix

ok so to report back on R3 the main problem im having currently is a force close loop for acore process i think this is something to do with the dialer? not entirely sure and once in the force close loop i have to reboot to fix, had this experience twice currently, anyone else had the same?

no other issues to report will post back after further testing

In my experience acore issues are generally linked to restoring conflicting version system apps with titanium. Not sure if it applies to your situation but if you did a Ti restore, try just restoring your market apps instead of any system apps

Guest oh!dougal
Have you unticked 'Sound' > 'Turn to mute' and rebooted?

I dont have no turn to mute in there, am on R3.

Ummm.

If 'unticking' turn-to-mute sorted the problem completely, I don't understand why there would be a need to change the dialler, with all the fuss that seems to have engendered.

The goal is to tame this thing, and get it stable, isn't it?

In my experience acore issues are generally linked to restoring conflicting version system apps with titanium. Not sure if it applies to your situation but if you did a Ti restore, try just restoring your market apps instead of any system apps

Yeah i used Ti, thats probably it thanks.

since ive restored system apps and cocked it up is there a way of restoring? or will it settle on its own?

Guest oh!dougal
am i correct in thinking that FM radio has been fixed?

Not properly.

But if you play a silent mp3 at the same time, the radio works for as long as the mp3 lasts ... and a 60 minute silent mp3 was posted on here.

So, it can be made to work, but it ain't fixed, AFAIK.

Guest bugeyes
Not properly.

But if you play a silent mp3 at the same time, the radio works for as long as the mp3 lasts ... and a 60 minute silent mp3 was posted on here.

So, it can be made to work, but it ain't fixed, AFAIK.

Dont know if you mean Fibblesans lattest rom?

cos there's mention of radio being fixed......

Guest The Soup Thief

It was with a heavy heart that I just took the plunge and deleted my beloved r2 flb froyo rom and added the new r3 (lite)

Wasn't sure what to delete, so did a factory reset and deleted the cache too (both within clockwork)

Obviously did a big batch backup of apps and settings with Titanium first

It's just powering up with the new rom

Wow! That's pretty!

Will keep you posted...

Edit -

OK, so I made schoolboy error #1 and tried to switch off data to use wireless when connecting to the market to get titanium backup. Market locked me out and I wasn't able to download stuff

Tried that again, with a quick erase and reinstall, connected to market via 3G (no problems this time) and titanium backup is dribbling through the interspace as we speak

More later (my 3G access is awfully slow here - I could probably do this bit by wireless now I've connected to the market once with 3G but I don't wanna interrupt it...)

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest bugeyes
It was with a heavy heart that I just took the plunge and deleted my beloved r2 flb froyo rom and added the new r3 (lite)

Wasn't sure what to delete, so did a factory reset and deleted the cache too (both within clockwork)

Obviously did a big batch backup of apps and settings with Titanium first

It's just powering up with the new rom

Wow! That's pretty!

Will keep you posted...

I really should have mentioned that i installed it straight over R2 FLB froyo rom............. and all is fine.............so far

my Ti failed miserably :sadface: but thats probably because im a n00b.

I installed this rom wiping the phone and cache so completely seperate from previous r2 rom.

my first inspections on the new rom is that it is pretty nice it runs smooth and had no real problems as of yet.

R3 now has ADW which im not sure is giving as good performance as R2, im running the lite version of the rom and the scrolling on the drawer is a bit jagged, and returning to the homescreen sometime takes a little while to load all widgets, basically i have beef with ADW and ive not used it before so im continuously tweaking it to get the best performance out of the phone. if anyone has the ideal settings for the app id love to know what they are.

additionally i changed my wallpaper to a live wallpaper, but now cant get back or find a way to put the original G2 wallpaper or any static wallpaper, i can only get to my gallery or the live wallpaper gallery. As a side note the htc sense live wallpaper is the wrong resolution for the phone.

not been able to test battery usage, gps or anything else yet but hoping my feedback is being useful and not critical. im loving the work youve done its a awesome rom B)

Edited by jayhix

Guest The Soup Thief
I really should have mentioned that i installed it straight over R2 FLB froyo rom............. and all is fine.............so far

Yeah... it would have been good to have known that...

Not to worry though - it'll be like a controlled experiment, seeing if you and I have any different kinds of weirdness go on B)

When I manage to get all my bleedin apps and settings back, that is ...harrumph...

Guest bugeyes
Yeah... it would have been good to have known that...

Not to worry though - it'll be like a controlled experiment, seeing if you and I have any different kinds of weirdness go on B)

When I manage to get all my bleedin apps and settings back, that is ...harrumph...

LOL!

anyone who knows me personally says too much weirdness goes on regardless of whether i have my phone turned on or not! :)

Guest stephen m

Great rom flibblesan - r3 installed. All seems ok, but still issues with wi-fi ? Is the app scrolling as smooth with this version as with the r2a version ?