[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

i have no problems with wifi, what wifi problems are you having stephen? and i agree with you the app scrolling isnt that smooth i think its adw? i switched mine to the horizontal draw like samsung galaxy that runs better but i prefer original layout :/

Guest bugeyes
the radio have problem.....

just can listen a few seconds...

anyone have this problem>>??

Me too

its on for even less time in this rom than in Fibblsans R2 rom.......

Guest steff.jay
I really should have mentioned that i installed it straight over R2 FLB froyo rom............. and all is fine.............so far

hey guys,

if I update to r3 (fat or lite doesn't matter for my behaviour) - will the apps also be installed? Or do I have to delete them first? And what, if I deleted e.g. gtalk, car-dock, etc. in r2a and now they are included in r3 again - will they be installed, if I don't delete them in system/apps?

thanks 4 help

Guest stephen m
i have no problems with wifi, what wifi problems are you having stephen? and i agree with you the app scrolling isnt that smooth i think its adw? i switched mine to the horizontal draw like samsung galaxy that runs better but i prefer original layout :/

Hi jahix, yeah sometimes wi-fi doesn't always work ! It states it's contected but to access Market or web have to revert to 3g. A bit annoying !

Guest nicksoph

Hi

Nice ROM

Was running the gforums branch with a few tweaks and upgraded to the R2 release of this ROM using a full wipe. I then upgraded to the R3 release but between R2 and R3 only did a partial wipe (cache and Dalvik Cache) found I had a few niggles and decided to go again with R3 but performed full wipe - reset to factory defaults on phone then using clockwork mod to delete data and caches.

All worked very nicely - excepting things mentioned in original post.

Then tried to restore from Titatanium backups having turned on USB debugging and accepting any applications as requested by TB but found I had problems, TB would not restore apps or data, and took a very long time to get past the asking for Root screen. Installed Univesal Android Root and it seemed to think I did not have root but once I rooted using UAR, Titanium backup worked perfectly.

After playing with it for an hour all seems well.

My advice is to go for a full wipe and to pick and choose carefully what you restore from Titanium backup.

Anybody else had problems with Root?

Thanks to all the CB's who have added to this rom.

nick

Guest MrHicks

Launcher Pro is definitely nice and smooth. I've also not noticed Launcher Pro or general apps being any more/less smooth with different settings for debug.sf.hw.

I ran Quadrent 3 times with HW acceleration on and 3 times with it off.

HW acceleration ON (debug.sf.hw=1): 893, 985, 975

HW acceleration OFF (debug.sf.hw=0): 904, 980, 980

As the results are more or less identical and it's disabled by default in the original rom, I'm leaving it off for now.

Edited by MrHicks

Guest The Soup Thief

At bloody last!

restoring a hundred odd apps with Titanium just took me a good hour!

All running nice and smooth now though - off to bed - will explore tomorrow

Guest ezablade

So far, so.. well, not so bad.

Tit installer takes for bloody ever to restore, constantly falling over.. had that on the R2 ROM too.

Fortunately, no reason, yet, to uninstall this one, GPS is working, email, Skype on 3

Only niggle so far is the dialer... OK, so maybe the smartdialer was causing the battery problems, but, as there is a workwaround for that, was it really necessary to remove it? The stock Android dialer looks cheap and I miss the predictive dialing.

Please, can we have smart dialer back? I tried adding the apk to the zip, but it just force closes if I select it as the dialer of choice...

Guest Simon O
The EMAIL app doesn't work

you can out your username and passwork in but you cannot press the next button - it does nothing

Ok I'll give this a test and see if I can fix it.

Please, can we have smart dialer back? I tried adding the apk to the zip, but it just force closes if I select it as the dialer of choice...

Sure. I'll put together a small update to replace the stock dialer with the Smart Dialer.

Man, really? We just ask for stuff and you give it? Just like that? Incredible. We don't have to sit on your lap and leave milk and cookies for you on christmas eve, right?

In other news, thanks!Appreciate the immense amount of work that goes into this. You're a legend.

Guest Frankish

Is Facebook contacts sync broken or is it something we just don't have anyway? I tried to change build.prop to show as a passion but still not working after clearing FB data etc. B)

Anyone knows how can i install swype. When i am trying to install it everything fine after i choice it from settings but its never come one. Always stays on android keyboard any suggestions please ??

Edited by aser28

When you're typing in a text box, presss and hold the text box. You should have a pop up menu come on and then select Input Method. From there click on Swype and it'll work.

Guest Simon O

Updated to r3a. Full and lite ROMs now have the option of Android dialer or ZTE Smartdialer. It is not possible to switch between the two dialers without having to wipe data & cache. If you are already using the ROM with the Android dialer then you will have to wipe and install your apps again. Sorry but it was just not possible to swap the dialer without causing force closes.

Guest ezablade
Updated to r3a. Full and lite ROMs now have the option of Android dialer or ZTE Smartdialer. It is not possible to switch between the two dialers without having to wipe data & cache. If you are already using the ROM with the Android dialer then you will have to wipe and install your apps again. Sorry but it was just not possible to swap the dialer without causing force closes.

I'll be giving it a go as soon as I can... flibblesan, I thank you.