[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest nicksoph

It seems to me that more than most phones, people are having variations in the reliability of this phone. Whilst Im sure that at least some of this is due to the number and speed of the rom development I suspect that the tolerances used in the the components might be wider than most other phones.

Yes to lockups on 2.1 too.

And I dont get a turn to mute option - what did I take off that might do this?

Edited by nicksoph

Problems with R3a:

Titanium Backup fails to start (on a rooted phone), freeze with (...needs root). Privacy -> factory reset tip helps on on the first start.

What to do?

I found that if you kill the Titanium Backup process with a task killer, and start again, it solves the issue.

Guest The-One
Sounds good, but did you have screen freezes in r2 or were you one of the lucky ones?

Nope i also didnt got freezes in r2.. however r3 is a bit new to say for sure that i wont have screen freezes because im only testing it for a day or so. Untill now it looks all fine to me (except for the HTC_ime that i tested all possible workarrounds and i cant get the bloody thing working, not even flashing it with the rom).

Still i cant realy understand why behing the same phone/hardware some of us have problems and others dont. This Chinese build leak its a bit kinky.

Guest vigadish
I have r3 since it was released and i got no screen freezes, camera or gps problems.

Its all working fine, i even get a slightly better battery with Froyo. :P

I can confirm this as well - although have only been using the ROM for approximately 35 hours. Am going to flash to the smart dialer this evening - but there does seem to be quite a variation in people's experiences.

Guest ale_syrj
It seems to me that more than most phones, people are having variations in the reliability of this phone. Whilst Im sure that at least some of this is due to the number and speed of the rom development I suspect that the tolerances used in the the components might be wider than most other phones.

Yes, I think that's true. I'm just speculating, but maybe the camera problem is because most Blades out there have a different camera than the one we have here in Finland. I believe most models have a 3.2 megapixel camera, but we have a 5 megapixel one. And aren't there models with different kinds of screens? Well, let's just hope that the problems get fixed.

Guest mattlcfc
Is this still the case, getting no lock ups? I have the R2 version and I seem to be getting lockups more and more frequently. At first when I flashed it everything worked fine for a couple of days, then now the lockups and freezing of touchscreen occurs more often.

I am thinking of upgrading to R3 but if lock-ups still occur I might as well downgrade to a stable 2.1-rom. Anyone using the lastest version and still getting these lockups?

Also, does anyone know if a complete wipe is necessary going from R2 to R3?

Thanks

i just clockworked and DIDNT WIPE anything just ran the zip and it all stayed the same apart from boot screen

i have been running this nonstop and no lock ups

if you do a backup you can revert to it within 2 mins

Guest PeTiNgA
Nope i also didnt got freezes in r2.. however r3 is a bit new to say for sure that i wont have screen freezes because im only testing it for a day or so. Untill now it looks all fine to me (except for the HTC_ime that i tested all possible workarrounds and i cant get the bloody thing working, not even flashing it with the rom).

Still i cant realy understand why behing the same phone/hardware some of us have problems and others dont. This Chinese build leak its a bit kinky.

For HTC_ime, try the file in this post: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1455230

The HTC IMI Keyboard - works with 2.2 - get it here

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=65212

It's working here. I've just installed HTC_ime, didn't even need to install the callibration apk, flb r3 =)

Edited by PeTiNgA

Guest nicksoph
Already tried it, the damn thing just keeps FC'ing or not even starting up the keyboard. :P

You might want to check version

There are about 4 versions of the HTC keyboard mod - the standard one has the shortest title 2.2_HTC_IME.zip and the date for the apk inside this zip is 26 october

Guest Totyasrác

Well, I've installed r3a_light version yesterday after a full wipe, this morning stopped charging at ~8AM. Now my battery is down to 70% after only a couple of calls and mail sync (no browsing, no market, no Angry Birds etc.). Checked battery usage - I have the Dialer issue again... Really don't get it, it supposed to have been gone, right?!

(Even wiped battery stats @recovery.)

I guess I'll have to go back to 2.1, really want my phone to last at least until the evening :P

Edited by Totyasrác

Guest mario999

First off, many thanks to Flibblesan for a fine Rom. Apart from Wifi, dont really have any problems and its quick compared to stock.

Only one thing I wanted to ask, has anyone got the circle clock working on this yet? Had it working great on Eclair, but not on this.

Guest nicksoph
Well, I've installed r3a_light version yesterday after a full wipe, this morning stopped charging at ~8AM. Now my battery is down to 70% after only a couple of calls and mail sync (no browsing, no market, no Angry Birds etc.). Checked battery usage - I have the Dialer issue again... Really don't get it, it supposed to have been gone, right?!

(Even wiped battery stats @recovery.)

I guess I'll have to go back to 2.1, really want my phone to last at least until the evening :P

Not seeing that at here.

There are some note onhow to bring the battery up to its fullest possible charge

Something like wipe stats

charge

turn off

charge for half an hour

turn on and wipe stats

Edited by nicksoph

Already tried it, the damn thing just keeps FC'ing or not even starting up the keyboard. :P

Try install it using App Installer from the Android Market. That stopped the FC'ing for me.

Guest onlinejobwork
Changelog

Problem Found listed below:

There is vertical linning in Camera apps several time, but pics taken looks ok, did reset, and reinstall many time but sometime it come sometime its ok

It allow me to logged in to Market using wifi connection but I cannot download any apps from the market, every apps I download it says 'was unsuccessful' factory reset and reload didnot solved the problem, I dont want to use mobile network as it cost very high

Google talk failed to logged in

Wifi connectivity issue is still there cannot auto connect and lose connection many time

battery perform could not better than r6 rom by vilainrom which is most stable everyday usable rom

still Phone could not able to wake up by any button

Why there is no option to choose default android home

Wht is usefulness of dev tool for non-developper?

The most loved things I seen is a Call recorder from zte dialer, many many thanaks for that, working nice without bip or call disturbance, I would expect the same dialer with recorder

let me post if u can help me on above issue

furthermore

can u suggest any software than can lover down brightness than default minimun?

My phone loose touch sensitivity when i put down on any surface and try to operate screen, but working perfect when I try to operate by holding in my hand, and its work fine when connected to power source, its strange, seems like touch screen work fine when it got grounded/earthing, is it comon issue or its fault with my phone?

is that any method I can install zte dialer with or without call record to 2.1 based rom , specifically villainrom?

Thanks for creating nice rom, you are going it right direction keep it up

Urvish

Edited by onlinejobwork

Well i can honestly say i've been running R2 and R3a for as long as they've been out and i've not had any screen lock ups at all. and had no problems aside from that either.

The wifi issue is a known problem with the blade itself, so its not the roms fault.

I've experienced low touch screen response when any android phone is lying flat down on a surface I dont know why this is.

I've also usd LCD density to change the resolution of this rom, i changed it to 200 which i find runs beautifully and got a 930 on quadrant.

finally to those who we're confused about getting fb contacts to sync, the only work around ive found is to use the app syncmypix only downloads contacts fb pics, but thats all i really needed

thanks to fib and the other working on this rom, anyone contemplating about putting it on, its definately worth it! doooooo it :P

First thing first, thank you very much for such a fine ROM. I have installed the lite version, after the usual data and cache clear.

Exchange Email and Calendar work flawlessly and I don't have any issues downloading and installing Apps while using WiFi.

GPS also works fine; it locked on my location pretty fast.

I haven’t had any screen lock ups but what I’ve also noticed is that if I leave my phone on a flat surface the screen sensitivity is much lower than if I hold it in my hand.

I also had some vertical lines while using the Camera but it all went away after a restart.

Thanks again for a fantastic build.

Guest The Soup Thief

Lordy Lordy!

I'm particularly pleased with the following bit of geekery

Hope you are too

Take it as read that I'm everso pleased with this ROM (r3 with the android dialler)

My only problems (and they're little ones) have been linked to the FM radio - I posted the workaround about sticking on the silent mp3 in the background, in front of which you can hear whatever you're listening to

I tend to listen to the radio at the gym to drown out the shocking trash they play there, and it's been a bit of a pain to have to ferkle with my phone for 5 minutes when I get there so I can tune in Newstalk

I was musing on this (rather minor) inconvenience just 10 minutes ago when it struck me

Tasker!

For those of you who don't know, Tasker is great - really great. There doesn't seem to be much you can't do with it. Look here

So what I just did is sorted it so that when I plug in the headphones, the radio kicks up (tuned to Newstalk), and then the mp3 of silence starts up!

Cool!

Tasker's even let me set it so that the mp3 loops! So when the hour's up it will start again, so the radio won't be interrupted!

I don't tend to use the headphones for much else, but it would be easy enough to have it flash up options of different apps to use instead of the radio, for example, perhaps radio or dialler or music player

Tasker is your friend! Tasker solves radio glitches! :P

EDIT - meant to say, being a fat-handed fella, I often mess the ringer volume up by accident, setting it off ringing in meetings. No more thanks to Volume Locker! (I'm sounding like Barry Scott here)

Could just do with a general volume boost - have tried a few things but nothing yet that's worked - this last bit is a general problem with the phone rather than with this ROM which is fab IMHO

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest dragon2611
yes - using normal touch and hold home screen method

Hmm think i've broken something, did a fix permissions in clockwork recovery to see if that would resolve it, now the phone is point blank refusing to accept my pin to unlock it :P

Edit:

Ended up resetting the phone and restoring from the backup as I must have screwed something up somewhere.

Edited by dragon2611

Hey fibblesan,

I was just in the middle of cooking a rom, for myself and to post here as well, flashed your new rom r3a full version with android dialer to try out and....

Holy S**T ** 7.315 ** MFLOPS in 11.46 seconds now that really is fast dude..... fibblesan did you put warp plasma inside this ROM build????

...all I can say is you got everything I need / had planned to do with the rom.... so I guess thats me out of a job on this one :P

Thanks for the hard work and will donate when I can... much appreciated ROM :D

(HTC wildfire most definately collecting dust now...)

Edited by adamsy

HTC_IME_hi_blade.apk, working 100% with Froyo, install using appinstall.

Clicker.apk is also included, this is the calibration tool for the keyboard.

Both inside the zip attached

Guest crazyfool_1

this is my first try of froyo (been using paul's r3 since i got the phone) and I have to say it is much faster and seems stable enough, however I have found a couple of issues:

- using the volume button lets me go from loud to vibrate but not silent, whereas in 2.1 you go loud, vibrate, silent

- I found 3g seems to randomly turn on and off by itself, not related to being out of coverage area

- I have the dialer issue, showing the majority of battery usage (i thought this was fixed???)

I'm going back to r3 for now and will update to villainrom at some point as it seems to be the best 2.1 rom but keep up the good work and hopefully once zte release the real kernel source we should have much more stable roms