[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Got my ZTE Blade today and tried to run the FLB-Froyo r3. Kept getting screen freezes after screen lock. Trying r2 now, would be nice to have a usable phone.

Edit: r2 does not work either. Screen freezes often after being screen locked. :P

Edited by Espu

New user to Android.

Flashed to MCRi R4 the other day - everything is working fine. Was wondering when this version of Froyo will come out of beta? Roughly, a month, two months?

If its going to be a long wait I'll likely to do it sooner - is there any disadvantages when moving to Froyo? (apart from it being it beta..)

Edited by jblz

Hello Everyone! Been lurking for a few days, and this is my first post.

Anyway, I thought I'd share that I discovered that the green line in YouTube can be eliminated simply by installing the app again from the market.

New user to Android.

Flashed to MCRi R4 the other day - everything is working fine. Was wondering when this version of Froyo will come out of beta? Roughly, a month, two months?

If its going to be a long wait I'll likely to do it sooner - is there any disadvantages when moving to Froyo? (apart from it being it beta..)

In addition, is this the only way to save apps to SD?

Guest daniel2k10

Hello Fiddlesan,

I have to say thank you for your awsome release, it makes the phone so much faster compared to 2.1!!

But I guess that I've found a bug in the 2.2 zte light version: The dialer crashes when you type in a phone number manually and try to do a call. Does anyone else have this problem too?

Guest Danne_Swe
I unistalled ADW with Titanium and then installed LauncherPro with no problems at all.

Ok!

Will try that, thx!

Edit; Tried it, worked perfectly, thanks again!

Edited by Danne_Swe

Guest dragon2611
Got my ZTE Blade today and tried to run the FLB-Froyo r3. Kept getting screen freezes after screen lock. Trying r2 now, would be nice to have a usable phone.

Edit: r2 does not work either. Screen freezes often after being screen locked. :P

Werid mine was doing that on R2 but seems ok on R3 so far...

Guest ezablade
Hello Everyone! Been lurking for a few days, and this is my first post.

Anyway, I thought I'd share that I discovered that the green line in YouTube can be eliminated simply by installing the app again from the market.

Didn't work for me.

Guest TheTwiddler
Hello Fiddlesan,

I have to say thank you for your awsome release, it makes the phone so much faster compared to 2.1!!

But I guess that I've found a bug in the 2.2 zte light version: The dialer crashes when you type in a phone number manually and try to do a call. Does anyone else have this problem too?

Found I had the same problem with the 2.2 ZTE full version after seing a post about it earlier in this forum, so I deleted the ZTE dialer (SmartDialler.apk) and instead loaded DialerOne from the Market. Also replaced the Launcher (Launcher2.apk) with LauncherPro from the Market, and replaced the messaging app (Mms.apk) with Handcent from the Market.

Guest BArtNimal

Hey

Thanks flibblesan. great rom.

was using sebs deorangedised rom which was working great for me. this is a bit faster in games, way faster when it comes to browsing. general behaviour is roughly the same for me, battery life is a bit shorter, can still get around 20 hours with some gaming, calls and browsing, which is enough for me.

had to reflash it as it got stuck at the zte logo after a reboot (after about 5 hours of use and 2-3 reboots, so not right after the install )

as for bugs, the classic gps one (mine didnt autofix itself - it doesnt even put me in york, it doesnt lock on any location), phone sets itself in vibrate, silent modes randomly. wasnt able to install the htc kb, installed 2 different packages from this thread, no errors, no fcs, the kb just doest pop up when clicking on a text field. havent tried the latest package from this thread, will give it a go later. cant sync fb with my contacts, option is there, but nothing happens when i click the button.

thanks again, great rom!

anyone using this rom with a tesco sim? can you receive MMS? i can send which means my settings are correct, but can't receive :s

Maybe only sending settings are correct.

best to do double checking.

--

bince mj

Guest Daimaah

Would this work on the Finnish version of Blade (TFT / 512 MB RAM)? I used r3: Superboot Root + MCRi on mine and it turned the screen colors way off, lacking red a lot etc and the screen wouldn't wake up from sleep. The hedgehog one does list LCD compatibility on the list of features so I'm a bit skeptic about trying this out, although very tempted.

Anyone know why I keep getting this error when I install this rom?

E: Board does not support mtd utils.

E: Failure at line 413: write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img.

BOOT: Installation aborted.

Guest ale_syrj
Would this work on the Finnish version of Blade (TFT / 512 MB RAM)? I used r3: Superboot Root + MCRi on mine and it turned the screen colors way off, lacking red a lot etc and the screen wouldn't wake up from sleep. The hedgehog one does list LCD compatibility on the list of features so I'm a bit skeptic about trying this out, although very tempted.

The Finnish stock rom and Hungarian Hedgehog are the only ones that are working without any problems for me. Camera doesn't work in this rom and the screen freezes after screen lock like every five minutes. There has been at least one report of this rom working without any problems (camera doesn't work, though).

I had the same problems as you with most 2.1 roms.

Guest oh!dougal
The Finnish stock rom and Hungarian Hedgehog are the only ones that are working ... {with the LCD screen} ...

HH is the *ONLY* modded rom (as far as I know) that has actively attempted to cover LCD compatibility -- and the dev has done it in his own-compiled kernel.

Guest Junior Bear

Great rom! Finally this phone is worth having

One question.. how do I get the original touchpal t9 style keyboard back? I've installed a touchpall app from the market but its no good

Thanks for any help

Guest Arr Too
Anyone know why I keep getting this error when I install this rom?

Latest ClockworkMod is broken. Use the older one while Paul is busy doing something a little more important. :P

Guest mikes77a

Thx for the ROM!!!

BUT I found a BUG: The explorer not display correct the wap sites (wap.t-zones.hu, webnwalk.hu), just the wml codes. :P

Sorry for my baaaad english

Guest Totyasrác
Thx for the ROM!!!

BUT I found a BUG: The explorer not display correct the wap sites (wap.t-zones.hu, webnwalk.hu), just the wml codes. :P

Sorry for my baaaad english

'Cause you're using the APN "internet". Check with help desk / customer service which APN you should use for WAP pages. I think it's web'n'walk but not sure.