[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest mikes77a
'Cause you're using the APN "internet". Check with help desk / customer service which APN you should use for WAP pages. I think it's web'n'walk but not sure.

I test the all service settings but not work.... :P any idea?

@Flibblesan

Phones? any updates?

You said you'd post them this week, Thursday is almost Friday, which is the end of the week as I am sure you know.

/Rasped

Edited by Rasped

@Flibblesan

Phones? any updates?

You said you'd post them this week, Thursday is almost Friday, which is the end of the week as I am sure you know.

/Rasped

I think the work on the old leaked -1 source is put on ice, he is problebly like all other developers looking at the new leaked -4 source that kame from the pre released v880. Lets hope he has something worth releasing during this weekend.

@.fi users, you will have your camera working when the Japanese phone is released that will be delivered with the 5MP cam and 2.2! Don't think there will be done any job to try to fix it before since it will be out soon anyway.

I think the work on the old leaked -1 source is put on ice, he is problebly like all other developers looking at the new leaked -4 source that kame from the pre released v880. Lets hope he has something worth releasing during this weekend.

@.fi users, you will have your camera working when the Japanese phone is released that will be delivered with the 5MP cam and 2.2! Don't think there will be done any job to try to fix it before since it will be out soon anyway.

Not talking about Roms. He is supposed to send me 3 phones. I paid for them, and now he is about as informative as North Korea. I sure hope they're coming

But is the Japanese version with AMOLED or TFT? That is the big question, because the screen not waking from sleep and colors distorted are quite severe things.

At the moment I have tried almost everything on my Finnish ZTE Blade (512ram, TFT screen and 5mpix camera) and the only one working is the Hungarian Hedgehog.

I could live with colors being distorted, but the screen not waking from sleep is not acceptable.

Not talking about Roms. He is supposed to send me 3 phones. I paid for them, and now he is about as informative as North Korea. I sure hope they're coming

Give him chance he is a very busy person, dont keep pestering him on here most days

Also have you not seen that post is servely delayed because of the weather? even most airports are closed, he isnt santa clause, he does not ride a sleigh, he has to rely on post and planes - airports have to be open for this to happen.

Edit post=mail as in delivered by postal services or courier

Edited by Lew247

Guest k-profiler
But is the Japanese version with AMOLED or TFT? That is the big question, because the screen not waking from sleep and colors distorted are quite severe things.

At the moment I have tried almost everything on my Finnish ZTE Blade (512ram, TFT screen and 5mpix camera) and the only one working is the Hungarian Hedgehog.

I could live with colors being distorted, but the screen not waking from sleep is not acceptable.

TFT confirmed on Softbank website:

http://mb.softbank.jp/mb/smartphone/product/003z/spec.html

Release date is "mid-December"

Hey flibblesan

Thank you very much for your time and effort. This ROM is fantastic - very fast and smooth. However I had to go back to the debranded Orange 2.1 when the touch screen suddenly stopped in the lock screen whilst I was out. I can't wait till this ROM is out of beta, it's simply brilliant apart from that little hiccup. I appreciate your work, keep it up!

Guest andypiper

I'm very grateful to flibblesan for this ROM - brilliant - I've used both r2 and r3 now and they just get better. Hopefully it won't be too long before we can test-drive an updated version based on the latest code, I'm reading that it seems to finally fix the GPS issues.

The YouTube "green line" issue is easy to fix by hand using the link included in this thread, just a one-word change in one of the internal config files and you're set :-)

Oh and you might want to include the newly-released Google Reader app in the next version.

Guest mikes77a

Thx for the ROM!!!

BUT I found a BUG: The explorer not display correct the wap sites (wap.t-zones.hu, webnwalk.hu), just the wml codes. sad.gif

Sorry for my baaaad english

'Cause you're using the APN "internet". Check with help desk / customer service which APN you should use for WAP pages. I think it's web'n'walk but not sure.

I setting up various APN's and fingerprints but not works.... other 2.1 cooked roms is ok. I think is browser not work correctly....

Guest totiadrenalin

I'm sorry for posting here.

But I simply couldn't stand behind and watching you attacking Flible for his work.

He did a miracle with Pulse.

I don't own blade, but I'm inviting you on the pulse forum.

Come and see how hard is the road to success.

Best regards

TOTI

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest ScaredyCat
Current issues:

- GPS first use can take a few minutes to find your location. (it will dump you in Yorkshire for some odd reason)

Could this be related to the fact that the AGPS option is no longer in the settings? AGPS would certainly speed things up, if the default is not to have it if the option isn't there, then perhaps that's why it's slow, ie you have to get a real fix.

SC

Guest lankyfatrick

i was using r2a which worked a dream and decided to update.

now i cannot press and hold icons on the home screen, they open right away with no option to move/remove them.

also in launcher i cannot move an app to home screen.

anyone else? looked through a few pages and saw nothing.

Cheers

I'm using r3 since it came out,but i'm thinking about to go back to 2.1,bc of the screen freezing issue... today it has happend 4 times,and it's annoying. Which one is the best 2.1 release?

Btw this ROM is excellent,I love it,but I need a working screen.

On the screen freezing issue I had been using r2 sucessfully for about 2 weeks with no issues at all. One day I let my kid sister play an Angry birds marathon till she ran down the battery, charged it up again and basically let her run it right down again gaming. After the 3rd charge I got my first and only screen freeze. Weird how some people seem to get it all the time and others not. I wonder if overheating or certain apps, or backups/restores of certain apps /settings have any bearing on the issue?

Upgraded to r3 and have absolutely no problems at all. IMHO this is probably one of the best Froyo roms out there at the moment. Interested to see how Paul's new Chinese leak Rom fares, but I'll be sticking with this for the forseable.

Great work, as always Flibblesan!

Edited by joefez

Guest lankyfatrick
i was using r2a which worked a dream and decided to update.

now i cannot press and hold icons on the home screen, they open right away with no option to move/remove them.

also in launcher i cannot move an app to home screen.

anyone else? looked through a few pages and saw nothing.

Cheers

reboot didnt fix it.

but apparently half an hour of angry birds sorts this one out ;)

cheers for the rom fibble.

she's running well.

Guest ezablade

Had this ROM (r3a lite with ZTE dialler) on since it was released, and not had a single screen freeze. Sounds more like hardware problem or a conflict with some app that certain people are installing?

Also, found that wi-fi behaves a lot better when I have my router broadcast its SSID, not something I'm happy about, so, just have to put up with it playing up.

Other than wi-fi (which appears to be common to a lot of Android phones, not just the SF) the only other problem I had was with the ZTE dialler. Replaced that and I couldn't be happier with the ROM.

Cheers flibblesan.

Guest strumluff

Yes the battery drain issue was fixed in r3. I've been using r3 since release. The issues I've had are:

- ZTE Dialer force closes if you try and manually dial a number. Fixed by installing Dialer One.

- Green line in youtube HQ (fixed by editing build.prop).

Unresolved:

- Wifi drops after waking from sleep (the annoying problem yet to be fixed).

- Screen freezes (has happened 4 times since installing the ROM, when r3 was released), yet to find the cause or a fix.

In general happy with this ROM but need to see the main issues sorted soon as they are becoming increasingly frustrating for everyday use.

Edited by strumluff

Guest tasosf1996
Yes the battery drain issue was fixed in r3. I've been using r3 since release. The issues I've had are:

- ZTE Dialer force closes if you try and manually dial a number. Fixed by installing Dialer One.

- Green line in youtube HQ (fixed by editing build.prop).

Unresolved:

- Wifi drops after waking from sleep (the annoying problem yet to be fixed).

- Screen freezes (has happened 4 times since installing the ROM, when r3 was released), yet to find the cause or a fix.

In general happy with this ROM but need to see the main issues sorted soon as they are becoming increasingly frustrating for everyday use.

so do you recommend me to flash it ?