[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

I'm using r3 since it came out,but i'm thinking about to go back to 2.1,bc of the screen freezing issue... today it has happend 4 times,and it's annoying. Which one is the best 2.1 release?

Btw this ROM is excellent,I love it,but I need a working screen.

Ok,I think I realized something. The screen usually freeze when I leave wi-fi and autosync on and I put the phone to sleep... I don't know if it's right but it was like this in the 80% of the cases.

i have those two (wifi and sync) on all the time and never experience screen freezes, i always turn off gps bluetooth and brightness control maybe that is the right combination.

Hi, I have been using R3 for a couple of weeks now. In general it is good, but there are a few things that bugging me.

1) The radio sound cuts off - yeah, this is well known. (wonder if this is gonna be fixed)

2) Calendar does not go to day from the month view with a single tap.

3) MMS does not work no matter how many times or how many settings I tried.

Guest Simon O
Hi, I have been using R3 for a couple of weeks now. In general it is good, but there are a few things that bugging me.

1) The radio sound cuts off - yeah, this is well known. (wonder if this is gonna be fixed)

2) Calendar does not go to day from the month view with a single tap.

3) MMS does not work no matter how many times or how many settings I tried.

Yeah the radio doesn't work even in Pauls ROM.

have to thank, best ROM for me-the only issue ive got-well if its an issue ;) -ive tryed to call to the mobile from nokia phone and i heard countinious beep ,but android phone didnt respond in any way,then i send the text msg-didnt got it... what i did is ,i first call from my android to nokia and then call from nokia back to android,using the number appiered on nokia- it responded fine and got the txt... tryed with another phone-same thing...werdict- i have to call first "to give my number" :P only then they can call me back or send me a txt.. not really an issue here,kinda nice isnt?

Ower all great room,getting havesome battery life compare to 2.1

well done

PS. sorry for my english.

This Rom works great for me, but wondering if you are looking to update at some point? Maybe get the coarse location fix included etc? Thanks.

ya i too think this is the best 2.2 ROM, had use Pauls ROM but ididnt like many things..so back to your ROM..;) newy..i too like to see some updates in ur ROM.

Does the FLB ROM include all the ZTE apps known from the 2.1 ROMs?

like??...normally it has..and there is two version, one has ZTE and other has only stock apps

Guest theInquisitor
like??...normally it has..and there is two version, one has ZTE and other has only stock apps
Like the FM radio app. I'm asking because neither does fibblesan mention the ZTE apps on the first page of this thread nor does anyone else mention these.

Guest atifali001

hi, ive installed this rom, everything is working fine the only problem i have is the sd card is always busy ;) and in the top notification bar it always says "sd card safe to be removed" can anyone tell me how to resolve this issue as i cant use the sd card on this rom

Guest ezablade

OK... I've had my first ever screen freeze. I've had r3a installed sicne it was available (24/11), so that makes it 15 days.

I've only installed a couple things in the last few days, could these have anything to do with this problem? Those two apps are System Panel Lite and Watchdog Task Manager Lite. Presumably these are apps that are fairly common on MoDaCo users' phones, as they are frequently mentioned is various topics.

Not saying these are causing the freezes, just seems odd that it should happen within a day of installing them after 14 days of no problems.

So, are users of these apps getting freezes? Are people with freezing problems not using these apps?

Seems to me that something is affecting the Blade / Froyo applecart. Do we need a new topis where people can post lists of apps running so we can try and see a common theme?

Guest Kthulhu

This Froyo rom works great for me no bug at all in more than 10 days (I do not use Fm radio).

The only thing is that wifi conection sometimes fails. It could be many things I know but the thing is that with 2.1 and wifi fix/blade wifi was ok most all the time.

Any case I do not bother too much as everything else is good and I am using Froyo :)

Edited by Kthulhu

Guest strumluff
I've only installed a couple things in the last few days, could these have anything to do with this problem? Those two apps are System Panel Lite and Watchdog Task Manager Lite.

I've had screen freezes and did not have either of those apps installed at the time. My last screen freeze was nearly a week ago...this is so random....

Guest ezablade
I've had screen freezes and did not have either of those apps installed at the time. My last screen freeze was nearly a week ago...this is so random....

Oh, well, back to the drawing board.

Guest Benno85

Hey folks,

this is really a great rom and I like it, but there is one thing that drives me crazy.

Everytime I flip my phone on the display it goes mute and when the display is up the sound is on.

When I deactivate all sounds manually and turn my phone around it is on again - and bevore you ask, I have no app like flip-silent installed.

Is it possible to deactivate this option? I also tried to install an app for it, just to see what happens - but it did not work for me, the problem was still there.

Edited by Benno85

Guest Phoenix Silver

First thing the rom works very well on french orange's zte blade aka "internet tactile II"

ZTE SmartDialer flb-froyo-blade-r3a-zte.zip (99.7 MB) doesn't work every vocal call you try to make crash the processus and you return to home screen.

Android dialer flb-froyo-blade-r3a.zip (99.5 MB) works perfectly :)

Register to android market and setup google took me 10 secs and has been successfull at the first try.

things great in this distro :

speed is incredibly improved all is smooth and fast (finally fantasy VI for an exemple can't be played in eclair 1 screen each 3 secs. now it plays like the original)

sound and images are synchronised on tvs player for an exemple SPB TV (i recommend you this app a lot of internationals TV france italie english)

i use to watch RDI and nrj 12 in french.

auto update feature is cool

until now phone is very stable no freeze no crash.

radio doesn't work but it's not a big problem.

anyway you can listen internet's radio

strange thing phone remain in french (apps and menus)

great job anyway

tyvm fibblesan

Guest strumluff

I was just trying to put on the circle battery using the UOT Kitchen. It gave me the option to add a bootanimation so I selected one. Upon flashing the generated zip I got my new shiny battery indicator but no bootanimation, why's that?

I did select Modoco R9, system/media for the bootanimation ROM. Any ideas why it didn't work?

FLB, when do you plan to release a new ROM based on the latest Chinese leak similar to Modaco Froyo? Also, I have installed the latest Clockworkmod and cannot install this rom anymore :)

Guest Fretking

Hi there, I have flb-froyo-blade-r3a-lite.zip and the rom works really well apart from I can't log on to GTalk and I also can't download from market place, do you know if there's anything I can do?

David

Guest Phoenix Silver
FLB, when do you plan to release a new ROM based on the latest Chinese leak similar to Modaco Froyo? Also, I have installed the latest Clockworkmod and cannot install this rom anymore :)

you can reflash clockwork version 2.5.0.9 with fastboot

this is i have made an no problem works great