[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest Phoenix Silver
Hi there, I have flb-froyo-blade-r3a-lite.zip and the rom works really well apart from I can't log on to GTalk and I also can't download from market place, do you know if there's anything I can do?

David

you have to do a factory reset

menu Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset.

phone reboot

go into your google account information again.

Wi fi must be turned off before to make anything

Guest Treacles

I tried installing this on my blade which had Modaco 2.1 Rom R4, but it just said "Copying..." and then spammed "Deleting..." about 30 times and said installation failed... Any idea what im doing wrong?

Guest Phoenix Silver
I tried installing this on my blade which had Modaco 2.1 Rom R4, but it just said "Copying..." and then spammed "Deleting..." about 30 times and said installation failed... Any idea what im doing wrong?

give us exactly each step made from the begining

thanks

Guest Treacles
give us exactly each step made from the begining

thanks

Bit stupid but i just realised it said 2.5.0.9 only on the first page

I'll install that version and then retry it with that

Guest Treacles

Okay i've installed it all but i have a problem with texts and calls

The texts jst come up with a notification saying "Not Sent" and trying to call someone from the dialer FC's "android.process.acore"

Im on T-Mobile, and its probably me just missing something stupidly simple again :$

(Im on the light version with the ZTE Smart Dialer)

Guest Phoenix Silver
Okay i've installed it all but i have a problem with texts and calls

The texts jst come up with a notification saying "Not Sent" and trying to call someone from the dialer FC's "android.process.acore"

Im on T-Mobile, and its probably me just missing something stupidly simple again :$

(Im on the light version with the ZTE Smart Dialer)

i had exactly the same problem

With ZTE SmartDialer

flb-froyo-blade-r3a-zte.zip (99.7 MB)

flb-froyo-blade-r3a-zte-lite.zip (81.4 MB)

doesn't work

Android dialer

flb-froyo-blade-r3a.zip (99.5 MB)

flb-froyo-blade-r3a-lite.zip (80.9 MB)

works perfect

i'm too new in android (1 week) to diagnose why

Guest Treacles

With ZTE SmartDialer

doesn't work

Android dialer

works perfect

Ah thanks, ill try that now :) so my idea of using the SmartDialer to reduce battery usage, failed :)

Guest ezablade

With ZTE SmartDialer

doesn't work

Android dialer

works perfect

the ZTE dialler does crash on this ROM. Try Dialler One for something similar. The ZTE Dialler does work on the MoDaCo alpha 4 ROM, which also fixes the coarse location bug. I think flibblesan will use the Chinese leaked ROM if he releases another version.

Hi this is probably a silly question but how do I install this? I downloaded

'Current version

With Android dialer

Download full: flb-froyo-blade-r3a.zip (99.5 MB)'

And it's a zip file with 1 folder and 2 files inside. I'm clueless

Guest Treacles
Hi this is probably a silly question but how do I install this? I downloaded

'Current version

With Android dialer

Download full: flb-froyo-blade-r3a.zip (99.5 MB)'

And it's a zip file with 1 folder and 2 files inside. I'm clueless

First of all, follow instructions here (Make sure you download 2.5.0.9 which is at the bottom of the post, not the more recent one) to install Clockwork: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...rkmod-recovery/

When you get to this part: 'From a command prompt (at the directory containing these new files!) run 'fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-blade.img' (subsituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)' swap the "recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.4-blade.img" part to "recovery-clockwork-1.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img"

Then, put the zip file yu download from this thread into the phones Memory Card, open clockwork recovery on your phone (Instructions in installation thread) and click "Install zip from sd" find the zip file and press install... VOILA! Your done

These instructions are a little... Bare bones, but they should do...

Guest Benno85

I quote myself...

Anyone an idea?

Is there maybe an app or another possibility that allows me to disable the motion sensor?

Hey folks,

this is really a great rom and I like it, but there is one thing that drives me crazy.

Everytime I flip my phone on the display it goes mute and when the display is up the sound is on.

When I deactivate all sounds manually and turn my phone around it is on again - and bevore you ask, I have no app like flip-silent installed.

Is it possible to deactivate this option? I also tried to install an app for it, just to see what happens - but it did not work for me, the problem was still there.

I quote myself...

Anyone an idea?

Is there maybe an app or another possibility that allows me to disable the motion sensor?

it think this ROM dont have such problem, it used to be in early alpha cause there was one option to flip to silent something like that and it was causeing problem like yours and in beta that option was remove!!..I used to have such problem now i dont..

Guest goldengate

Noobie here, so i've installed this ROM (with ZTE Option) and i'm very happy thanks :)

The biggest problem though is the Dialer issue. I can use the stock dialer to call contacts OK but when I try to enter new numbers I get the "android.process.acore" force close error. I've just downloaded Dialler One which works OK but didn't want its Icon on the home screen. I also don't really wanna install new launchers etc.

My question is if I install the "flb-froyo-blade-r3a.zip" with Android Dialer will it eat the battery away more than using Dialler One?? As long as it lasts a day between chargers I'm happy with. Also if I wanna use Froyo Android Keyboard Image do I just replace the .zip on my SD card or do I need to clear all the cache and apps again? ;)

Guest NickNuke33

Hello,

I would just like to say that I have been using this ROM and I have had no/very little problems.

I look forward to an update, as fibblesan is truly talented at creating custom ROMs. :)

FLB, when do you plan to release a new ROM based on the latest Chinese leak similar to Modaco Froyo? Also, I have installed the latest Clockworkmod and cannot install this rom anymore :)

FLB...do you plan to release a new ROM?

Would like to know this, pls FLB reply to this.

yeap me too...but guy he is using MCR alpha 4 himself..sooo??.,,idk if he is willing to update or not!

Edited by factro

Guest Treacles

I've added LauncherPro into the system/app directory for the update.zip file and want to remove ADWLauncher, how would i make the rom choose LauncherPro at startup, to remove a step after i've installed it...