[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest strumluff
Would you be able to do something to help with this please? Install "Error adb logcat log dump" or alogcat then open the ZTE Dialer and try dialing a number. When it force closes open the Error app then log to logbox and email. Email the log to yourself then copy and paste it into pastebin.com or this thread please. Many thanks.

Done: http://pastebin.com/3Th7Qvw3

BTW, as I installed Frankish's theme initially, can I just install your gingerbread theme to fix the menu lock prob or do I need to reflash with r4a? Cheers.

Guest joyfun

It's this one with the aosp dailer ? can you tell me how to replace the zte dailer with the aosp dialer,I try to replace Phone.apk but it failed

I rember the previous one have 2 version to select

Edited by joyfun

I don't like the ZTE dialer either, is there a way to replace the Phone.apk and Contacts.apk with the AOSP one's?

Also my ZTE Blade is the Portuguese SAPO A5's wich has a 5 megapixel camera. I know that this rom doesn't support this camera.

Is there any way to get the 5 megapixel camera to work with this rom?

Awesome job by the way, thanks!

Guest prusling

Many thanks for the new release, flibblesan.

I've been on your v2 ever since its release for day-to-day usage without significant issues, and have just updated to v4 and it seems fine so far (liking the Gingerbread theme!).

There are now a lot of options out there, and we appreciate you continuing to maintain your release stream.

P.S. For those updating using Titanium it's well worth paying for the Pro version as it doesn't stop randomly mid-batch and doesn't prompt for each install (a real pain when you have 100+ apps!).

Edited by prusling

Guest Simon O
It's this one with the aosp dailer ? can you tell me how to replace the zte dailer with the aosp dialer,I try to replace Phone.apk but it failed

I rember the previous one have 2 version to select

Try replacing Phone.apk Contacts.apk ContactsProvider.apk

No promise it'll work (and it probably won't due to different UID)

Edited by flibblesan

Hey flibble & anyone else, does your coarse location work with the Official Twitter app?

It fails for me everytime but works flawlessly on Seesmic for Android.

Guest strumluff
Would you be able to flash this update to Dialer and see if this resolves the problem? It's a newer version. dialer_fix.zip

Flash it through recovery.

That fixed it, good stuff thanks =)

Oh: Just flashing your version of Gingerbread theme was enough to fix the menu lock problem, I don't quite understand the need to flash r4a?

Edited by strumluff

Guest joyfun
Try replacing Phone.apk Contacts.apk ContactsProvider.apk

No promise it'll work (and it probably won't due to different UID)

I have replaced the apks ,but the radio can not startup and can not have a phone call

Guest Simon O
That fixed it, good stuff thanks =)

Oh: Just flashing your version of Gingerbread theme was enough to fix the menu lock problem, I don't quite understand the need to flash r4a?

You won't need to flash r4a. I just uploaded a fixed rom with the menu lock disabled for the benefit of new downloads.

I have replaced the apks ,but the radio can not startup and can not have a phone call

Sorry. I think the AOSP phone apps will need to be rebuilt to work on this ROM. It would help me a lot if somebody who knows how to do this can build them as I've never built from source before.

Guest Niks10

Changelog

r4a - 2nd January 2011

Fixed:

- Menu button unlock disabled. Gingerbread theme updated with the fix.

Hi Fibblesan,

Still consider myself a noobie, so please excuse me.

What does Menu button unlock disables mean?

Guest Simon O
Changelog

r4a - 2nd January 2011

Fixed:

- Menu button unlock disabled. Gingerbread theme updated with the fix.

Hi Fibblesan,

Still consider myself a noobie, so please excuse me.

What does Menu button unlock disables mean?

By default Android allows you to press the "Menu" button to bypass the lockscreen. It's considered to be poor behavior and disabling this means the button cannot be accidentally pressed when the phone is in your pocket, for example. Almost all custom ROMs have this function disabled.. but ZTE left it enabled.

Guest Niks10
By default Android allows you to press the "Menu" button to bypass the lockscreen. It's considered to be poor behavior and disabling this means the button cannot be accidentally pressed when the phone is in your pocket, for example. Almost all custom ROMs have this function disabled.. but ZTE left it enabled.

Thanks for reply, Flibblesan.

Any one installed Gingerbread theme, Does it show "H" icon for HSDPA?

Guest Simon O
Thanks for reply, Flibblesan.

Any one installed Gingerbread theme, Does it show "H" icon for HSDPA?

Yep. Both the ROM and the Gingerbread theme are fixed so will show the H icon for HSDPA.

Guest strumluff

Awesome, I hope you don't mind me asking one final thing, that is regarding the wifi issue, would you recommend using blade wifi fix ? Or are there better ways of dealing with that issue at the mo? It's such a PITA :unsure:

Guest Phoenix Silver
Yep. Both the ROM and the Gingerbread theme are fixed so will show the H icon for HSDPA.

one time i had G displayed instead of 3g or 2g

G means ?????

Guest Ash.UK
Not got that one yet.. this is based on the same rom that Paul's MCR is based on.

Hi FLB, I really liked your original 2.2 ROM (light version) and right now I'm running alpha5 MCR.

If your new rom is based on the MCR, are there any significant differences and is it worth upgrading to your latest rom?

Thanks, Ash

Guest Prietz0r

Just flashed this ROM, I am trying to set-up a PIN code for the lock screen.

And I get the following message:

'De toepassing Instellingen (proces com.android.settings) is onverwachts gestopt. Probeer het opnieuw'

Which translates to:

'The application Settings (process com.android.settings) is stopped unexpected. Try it again'

or something like that.

Can somebody help me with that ?

I did clean the cache with the clockworkmod tool and factory reset.

Guest dune99
Hi flibblesan. Thanks for the rom. Just one question. I buy a Portuguese Blade but the speaker sound is to low during the calls. Can i fix it with same custon rom or you know any app that can help me?

And if you can please give me news about the other phone.

Hi

I try your rom, and work well, and the sound is better but is low too. do you know any app that help or is a phone problem??

Guest Simon O
Since using this Rom my Android market has not updated to the latest version, is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Market app is at the latest version

Guest Simon O
Just flashed this ROM, I am trying to set-up a PIN code for the lock screen.

And I get the following message:

'De toepassing Instellingen (proces com.android.settings) is onverwachts gestopt. Probeer het opnieuw'

Which translates to:

'The application Settings (process com.android.settings) is stopped unexpected. Try it again'

or something like that.

Can somebody help me with that ?

I did clean the cache with the clockworkmod tool and factory reset.

Confirmed. This happens on MCR too. Does anybody know if the Jellyfish ROM has this same issue?