[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest rijon99

I have been using the r3a rom for quite some time, I have to say I loved it. This rom is pretty good although the framerate is a bit of a downfall, Framerate in quadrant is almost double in r3a? Games are also much smoother on r3a. I have installed the gingerbread theme from the first post maybe this has affected it? Can you please find a fix for this? Thanks.

EDIT: Just done quick few reboots and everything is working perfectly (framerates back up to normal)

Edited by rijon99

Guest toyotahilux

Just decided to finally try out 2.2, and I'm glad I did. Installed r4a and the gingerbread theme, phone feels much faster than 2.1, and no problems yet, this is great. Thanks flibblesan :unsure:

Guest jt_mcg
Confirmed. This happens on MCR too. Does anybody know if the Jellyfish ROM has this same issue?

I'm using a slightly tweaked version of Sebs Desoftened r.02 and there are no fc's/errors when setting this up.

I haven't knowingly changed anything that could affect this (changed framework-res to that of the latest jellyfish to enable wifi tethering, hwui, stagefright and mutlitouch permissions xml file to enable rotation in maps).

Out of curiosity (I'm sure you've looked into this) Is there any means of using the now disabled menu to unlock to reinitialize the digitizer and get out of "screen" freezes?

I haven't suffered any personally on any ROM I've tried, but my Girlfriend has gotten the occassional one on Paul's 2.2 Alpha 4.

Edited by jt_mcg

Guest Simon O
I'm using a slightly tweaked version of Sebs Desoftened r.02 and there are no fc's/errors when setting this up.

I haven't knowingly changed anything that could affect this (changed framework-res to that of the latest jellyfish to enable wifi tethering, hwui, stagefright and mutlitouch permissions xml file to enable rotation in maps).

Out of curiosity (I'm sure you've looked into this) Is there any means of using the now disabled menu to unlock to reinitialize the digitizer and get out of "screen" freezes?

I haven't suffered any personally on any ROM I've tried, but my Girlfriend has gotten the occassional one on Paul's 2.2 Alpha 4.

Nope. If the touchscreen stops working then pressing a button won't get it working again.

I've found the bug with the pin lock settings crashing and I'm working on a fix.

Guest giopego
Confirmed. This happens on MCR too. Does anybody know if the Jellyfish ROM has this same issue?

I try to set PIN code in my Jellyfish RLS3b and all work fine

Guest jt_mcg
Nope. If the touchscreen stops working then pressing a button won't get it working again.

I've found the bug with the pin lock settings crashing and I'm working on a fix.

Fair enough, I hadn't really thought enough or know enough about the issue, but was considering the possibility of adding a digitizer "reboot" to the menu to unlock key press.

Guest Niks10

Has anybody got problem with Twitter?

Mine seems to ask me for log-in every time I reboot the device. (and my Twitter widget disappears as well)

I also then cannot select to place twitter widget by the usual Menu -> Add -> choose widget method.

Facebook, Foursqare and other apps are working fine though.

Guest jufeng

Sir I and lots of my guys really really really really need the menu button unlock!!Because we want to release the power button! Many thanks!We are all looking forward!

Edited by jufeng

Guest 5ubtil
Sir I and lots of my guys really really really really need the menu button unlock!!Because we want to release the power button! Many thanks!We are all looking forward!

Hello, I might be wrong but you 'd still need to press the power button to wake the phone. you just wouldn't need to swipe to unlock.

Thanks a lot for a new rom! Works perfectly on my SF. Also battery life is improved and no screen freezes (tried both Jellyfish and Seb's ROMS and both had quite often screen freezes).

Guest fungun

Thanks for the new rom. Thought the work had been stopped on this rom. There are two bothering things though.

1) the aforementioned pin for locking screen problem.

2) force close when trying to forward a email in the email application. Anyone suffer from the same thing?

Guest Simon O
Thanks for the new rom. Thought the work had been stopped on this rom. There are two bothering things though.

1) the aforementioned pin for locking screen problem.

2) force close when trying to forward a email in the email application. Anyone suffer from the same thing?

Pin lock has been fixed. I'm uploading fixed themes and I'll uploaded a fixed rom once I look at your email issue.

Guest Davie1888

Many thanks flibblesan, I lost my Oled SF and bought another (TFT) :unsure: , tried a few roms out but this is the best by far m8 B) :angry:

quick question I have downloaded from the market place switchpro widget, if I flash to this ROM from Jellyfish (power drain issues) will I be able to download the widget again for free or will I have to pay again?

thank you

Guest Simon O
Can you get it to work with Portugal Sapo A5 5 megapixel camera?

Thanks

Only when we have the source to build a replacement kernel that supports 5mp camera, sorry.

Guest nickzs

I'll apologise in advance as I'm sure this has already been covered, but damned if I can find it!!

I have upgraded from the r2a version of this rom to the r4, restoring system data and apps with Titanium Backup and now my messaging software (SMS) won't work. It seems to be every time I press the 'Back' button and then I get the message:

"Sorry! The application Messenger/Handcent/whatever has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Excuse my ignorance, but how can I remedy this?

PS, I did wipe data and cache before installing the new ROM

Guest Simon O
I'll apologise in advance as I'm sure this has already been covered, but damned if I can find it!!

I have upgraded from the r2a version of this rom to the r4, restoring system data and apps with Titanium Backup and now my messaging software (SMS) won't work. It seems to be every time I press the 'Back' button and then I get the message:

"Sorry! The application Messenger/Handcent/whatever has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Excuse my ignorance, but how can I remedy this?

PS, I did wipe data and cache before installing the new ROM

Only restore apps, don't restore system data as there are far too many differences between r2 and r4.

Guest Simon O

Email app fixed. No longer crashes when forwarding (shame on you ZTE for missing such an obvious bug!). Think I have enough bug fixes to upload a new version so I'll get r5 uploaded now.

Email app fixed. No longer crashes when forwarding (shame on you ZTE for missing such an obvious bug!). Think I have enough bug fixes to upload a new version so I'll get r5 uploaded now.

merci buckets. Sorry to ask again but I have downloaded from the market place switchpro widget, if I flash to this ROM from Jellyfish (power drain issues) will I be able to download the widget again for free or will I have to pay again?

Guest nickzs
Only restore apps, don't restore system data as there are far too many differences between r2 and r4.

Ah, gotcha.

Thanks man, great work on the ROM. :unsure:

Guest Simon O
merci buckets. Sorry to ask again but I have downloaded from the market place switchpro widget, if I flash to this ROM from Jellyfish (power drain issues) will I be able to download the widget again for free or will I have to pay again?

Yes, it'll still be in your google account for download.