[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest JBSCARFACE

Something wrong with top ba,r for example skype when u change status, icon colour there should change , but its not, same with imo.im when u receive message icon should go red ...Also i cant kill imo.im process by task manager on RLS5 all works likes it should...

Guest Simon O
Something wrong with top ba,r for example skype when u change status, icon colour there should change , but its not, same with imo.im when u receive message icon should go red ...Also i cant kill imo.im process by task manager on RLS5 all works likes it should...

Did it work Ok in r5?

Guest mrbrutesnip

Gotta say it's the best ROM I've found for me wifes SanFran.

One question about Flash though.........(just kidding!)

I use the Oxygen ROM on my Desire, which has Power Controls with menu options to enable to auto enable Sync when Wifi is turned on, and vice versa. Would be pretty cool if this ROM had something similar.

Unless there's something in the market I'm missing (not extended controls)

Flibble, is Facebook Contact Sync something you fixed, or is it part of the new kernel, as it doesn't seem to work on Japanese Jellyfish?

Edit:- Saw you said the combination of the stock dialer and stuff seemed to make the sync work, so I've ripped them out of your rom to try on JJ.

Edited by cobhc

Guest ace9094

Hi nice work your doing...

I want to try this rom but when the phone reboots it just loops on the Blade logo... i left it for about 15mins and still the same :D

any idea's?

thanks

ace

Hi nice work your doing...

I want to try this rom but when the phone reboots it just loops on the Blade logo... i left it for about 15mins and still the same :D

any idea's?

thanks

ace

Cleared chache/factory reset?

Guest aidanj
Hm. A lot of problems :P

So is the general feeling that r6 is a bit crap? What are the problems people are having that aren't present in r5a?

up until today, i've been using paul's custom rom's for my blade. i thought i'd try yours out today, just for the hell of it. for my uses, there isn't anything wrong with release 6 of your rom. it threw a bit of a wobbly when re-installing apps via titanium backup - i had to restart the phone twice, but then the phone came up to speed. perhaps it was due to hardware acceleration being disabled - no idea really. that aside, i'm finding this rom great, and applaud the fact you implemented the 'old' (but better, imo) a2sd. great work simon - i'm glad i donated a few months back :D

Flibble, is Facebook Contact Sync something you fixed, or is it part of the new kernel, as it doesn't seem to work on Japanese Jellyfish?

Edit:- Saw you said the combination of the stock dialer and stuff seemed to make the sync work, so I've ripped them out of your rom to try on JJ.

Ok, that didn't work, I'm getting FC's of Dialer. Any idea how I can port the stock dialer over to Japanese Jellyfish Flibble?

Guest steff.jay
Only one thing bothers me, when someone is calling me,or i call someone the displays the phone number only and not the contact name. whay is that?

After the call if i go to call log i see the number for a sec and the phone refreshes it and see the contact's name.

+1 :D

Guest Frankish

@flib

All system apps now test signed... I think this is a great idea and it also enabled customization of .apk's before install too right? And would allow a nandroid with a custom theme to be restored? That's the current problem with Jap based roms, they can't be nandroid restored unless you go...

Nandroid restore, flash stock theme, boot, flash custom theme again. :D

Only one thing bothers me, when someone is calling me,or i call someone the displays the phone number only and not the contact name. whay is that?

After the call if i go to call log i see the number for a sec and the phone refreshes it and see the contact's name.

Just noticed this too, hope it can be fixed cause it sucks big time

Guest Simon O
@flib

All system apps now test signed... I think this is a great idea and it also enabled customization of .apk's before install too right? And would allow a nandroid with a custom theme to be restored? That's the current problem with Jap based roms, they can't be nandroid restored unless you go...

Nandroid restore, flash stock theme, boot, flash custom theme again. :D

Yes. Will allow customization of APKs easily and you can either make a nandroid or a recovery zip.

Signing the system was easy enough to do. I used APK Manager to resign framework-res.apk and all system apk files. I found out that system apps need to match the signature of the framework so in an ideal world if all custom roms signed using the test keys then apps and frameworks would be interchangable.

Guest Simon O
Hope when we get to r20 rom all problems will be sorted..

Sorry. Seems like my rom isn't terribly good at the moment. I'll do my best to resolve all the current complaints with the dialer, wifi, battery usage etc.

Guest Cronnix

Question, do I need to wipe when upgrading between different releases of the same ROM? It works great thou, despite my battery issue. I guess I did something wrong xD

Guest dadashi

I'm getting WiFi reconnect probs as well....

Apart from that and a couple of small things, great :D

Doesn't have the jellyfish battery drain issue and generaly more stable than the jelly...for one the signal strength works properly and the LED signal lights up red and green when it should...

Edited by dadashi

Guest heardby
Sorry. Seems like my rom isn't terribly good at the moment. I'll do my best to resolve all the current complaints with the dialer, wifi, battery usage etc.

Hey Flib, again thanks so much for what is mostly a great ROM and the serious amount of work that must have gone into it. I am amazed that you have persisted to get it where it is already. I'm sure any improvements you make will be appreciated but most of the comments that seem negative are because those are the things people comment on and peps were thinking this rom would be perfect!!

Personally, I'm having no issues with dialler or wifi and the battery thing seems to be down to maps.

Cheers,

Sam

Guest giopego

I love this rom....but there's an issue:

in the contact app I can't hide the contacts from my Sim card!

The phone show me all contacts without any distinction...is possibile to insert the option to set what collection of contacts I want to show (sim/local)?

thanks

Guest krasenk
Hm. A lot of problems :D

So is the general feeling that r6 is a bit crap? What are the problems people are having that aren't present in r5a?

I haven't tried r5a and cannot confirm if the issues are present there, but definitely there are problems with the WiFi and the network signal strength. I assume that is due to discrepancies between the new kernel and the radio firmware.

Thanks a lot for your time and effort spent on that great ROM.

Edited by krasenk

Just flashed the latest version with a full wipe, as I wanted to try it out, and Wi-Fi won't even turn on, just comes up with error each time.

Edit:- Also set cpu can't seem to get root access either.

Best thing about this rom IMO is the stock dialer and facebook sync, both of which I'd love to have in Kallt's rom.

Edited by cobhc