[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest vasiloy
Just noticed this too, hope it can be fixed cause it sucks big time

Had this problem with most of the 2.2 ROMs although it is kinda random ( i.e. does not happen every time I get a call, most of the time is working fine). Currently reverted to r5 due to back light continuously flashing. Besides that I had no problems with r6.

Guest toge64

Might be a small bug, can someone test this?

Could people see if they can play a video off http://m.youtube.com/? I can't seem to play them (I do this because the app sometimes doesn't display newer videos from my subscriptions list). I can play videos off the app though... Strange! Cheers in advance

Also I having Wi-fi reconnection issues, which the Blade Wi-fi fix fixes (in Market)

I'm using R6 flibblesan. Thank you for all your work!

Edited by toge64

Guest southpaw1
Might be a small bug, can someone test this?

Could people see if they can play a video off http://m.youtube.com/? I can't seem to play them (I do this because the app sometimes doesn't display newer videos from my subscriptions list). I can play videos off the app though... Strange! Cheers in advance

Also I having Wi-fi reconnection issues, which the Blade Wi-fi fix fixes (in Market)

Youtube vids not playin for me too . From the mobile site that is

Guest southpaw1

One preferance I would like in this rom is the power widget to have mobile data tab instead of the sync tab this one has. Any way of installing my old one fron pauls rom (with data not sync tab)

Guest BillBong

I have a weird thing happening with A2SD which I'm hoping someone can explain.

I got a new 16GB card which I formatted with a primary FAT32 partition (first) and then a 512MB primary EXT3 partition (second). I wiped data+cache+Dalvik through Clockwork so it's a completely clean installation on a newly formatted card. Everything went OK and it booted up and looked good.

I installed Titanium and the info screen showed me the SD card had a capacity of 14.9GB (almost all free) but A2SD storage of only 217MB of which 76MB was showing as free - this was straight after the system install, ie. BEFORE I'd restored any apps/data. When I tried to restore my apps/data, only some of them were actually successful and when I looked at theA2SD storage info, it showed the same 217MB capacity with only about 100KB free.

I thought that maybe I needed to make the A2SD partition bigger to cover any system stuff that might have gone there so I re-partitioned/re-formatted with a 1024MB EXT3 partition and did another wipe/install. I had exactly the same storage info on A2SD, showing 217MB capacity and about 76MB free but this time when I did the Titanium restore, it looks like almost everything has been restored, but the Titanium info is showing 217MB capacity/32.7KB free after the restore.

The thing is if I look at the stats on Quick System Info, it's showing A2SD storage total of 38.55MB and 6.72MB free.

Before I moved onto this build, I was running the Bladevillian (2.1) on a 2GB card and the stats on that were always much more sensible - I had a 512MB EXT partition and around 380MB showing as free with these same apps.

Does any of this make sense or could it be something to do with the SD card itself?

Guest mrbrutesnip

Yeah, battery drain on the wifes phone is quite bad.

Also, it isn't always showing who is phoning, even if they're on the contact list. Not sure if thats a big issue.

Guest steff.jay
Sorry. Seems like my rom isn't terribly good at the moment. I'll do my best to resolve all the current complaints with the dialer, wifi, battery usage etc.

i've read about the battery-draining in paul's thread. he has deleted the file cpk-daemon in /system/bin without any disadvantage. I did it also & don't have any issues on it, so far ... just a little guess

Guest ace9094
Cleared chache/factory reset?

yeah tried, that... I tried it on the previous release though so ill try again....

I have the grey tft model if that helps :D

Guest toge64
Yeah, battery drain on the wifes phone is quite bad.

Also, it isn't always showing who is phoning, even if they're on the contact list. Not sure if thats a big issue.

I have this bug too.

Guest SWOriginal

These are the only issues ive had,

- HW Acceleration is not enabled (cannot play .avi & some games take a bit more time to fully load)[easily fixed in build.prop]

- Stage Fright is not enabled (causes gameloft games to crash on launch, Some videos fail to play)[easily fixed in build.prop]

- Dialer causes incoming calls to be shown as phone numbers not the contacts name

Battery life for me is GREAT! & not had any wifi drop-outs (installed with full battery and wiped data/factory, cache, dalvic)

Guest JBSCARFACE
Sorry. Seems like my rom isn't terribly good at the moment. I'll do my best to resolve all the current complaints with the dialer, wifi, battery usage etc.

Dont worry about.. U still doing a great job!!.

Few weeks ago everyone talk that as soon we get new kernel, we get perfect froyo rom, but i cant see any difference only working Leds.. :D

Guest Bobby Demos

I was trying to read through some of the replies, but realised there are loads of them. I have had my Blade since October and use it for work generally. But I wanted to update it to Froyo and I am interested in using the gingerbread theme. How do I put that on the phone?

Thanks,

Bobby

Guest alanwoolley

I've not had a massive drain on my battery with this ROM unlike my experiences with the Japanese Jellyfish ROM, so that's brilliant. I've got latitude on the go, WiFi turned on as much as it'll let me, bluetooth enabled and various things like twitter, live wallpapers, weather, news etc. I haven't charged it since I flashed it about 6 hours ago, and I'm on 92% battery so it should go without saying that this battery problem is by no means universal.

WiFi is still a problem but no more than usual. Whilst I've got the phone plugged in WiFi is as stable as anything, but as soon as I unplug it, it's anyone's guess. Titanium Backup sometimes has a hard job grabbing root access, which hasn't been a problem for me before, but restarting the phone usually temporarily solves this. Only a minor inconvenience and overall very positive experience of this ROM so far.

Guest gusthy
Ok, that didn't work, I'm getting FC's of Dialer. Any idea how I can port the stock dialer over to Japanese Jellyfish Flibble?

I don't recommend it, my guess is that japanese dialer is one of the main reasons of Jellyfish being more battery-hungry.

Guest starshell
Youtube vids not playin for me too . From the mobile site that is

Great work flibblesan!

I tried the MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM before, but the MoDaCo ROM had much more issues to me, eg. the 5m camera won't work.

The 5m camera work with your ROM without problem.

The WiFi problem can be fixed with the "Blade WiFi Fix" App form market. By the way, I had the WiFi Bug also with my original ROM. :D

I can play YouTube videos without any issues.

Thx for that Rom.

Guest Tripov

Was on r5a and just updated to r6. At the moment it seems pretty stable to me.

The only thing I noticed it's that although I've set the language to Portuguese (Portugal), all the texts are in Brazilian Portuguese, i.e., they are the same a if I'd select Portuguese (Brazil). It's that there are some differences between the two versions of the language (similar to UK vs. US english), but it's really no big deal to me.

Nice work and keep improving the rom.

Guest jimiiblue

thanks for your work.

I went from5a+kernaltest to 6. Overall it's quite a smooth experience.

Phone to phone bluetooth seems to be working, in both directions.

Like others, i'm not getting caller ID on inbound calls from contacts. Looking at the call log afterwards, the names appear.

One question, when I go to Android Market, it lists apps i have installed, as not being installed - eg Youtube and Gmail. Is this a problem? If I redownload them, will it cause issues?

Thanks again

Guest the_zip_master
+1

The callers name does show up in the call log though.

Not working for me either - the persons name is not displayed when they phone you - just the number??

Is there any way of replacing the dialer?

Guest voradorpt

If it's worth anything, I think your ROM is very stable and personally I have no battery/dialer issues.

Wifi is a problem in every ROM and for me it's working as expected.

Thanks!