[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest Rotmann
Is there a way to make the default Launcher rotate like a tablet PC? I'd quite like to be able to do that, for some reason.

Use ADW or LauncherPro. They have this option enabled by default. Don't know about GO Launcher or Zeam.

Bump, please.

How about searching this topic? Sure it's based on the new kernel source.

Guest droidvirgin
Tried several Froyo roms and at the moment this Rom has it all. Good Bat life, Smooth and stable.

Keep up the great work. :D

Yes this rom is perfect on my blade , no problems.

Guest super san francisco

I must say, that i have quite some problems with R6:

First, i was unable to install busybox. just a never ending loop in "searching for versions of busybox on the phone..."

Second, i installed Titanium Backup, which is "asking for root-rights" forever with no remorse...

with these two, i couldn't restore my phone to the state it was in on R5a, so i'm back with my restored backup.

+ I have no contacts listed in my phone after I have copied them from sim, but the names come up when people txt

confuuuuuused

It'll be reading your contact's name from the SIM itself, despite them not showing up in your phonebook.

Use ADW or LauncherPro. They have this option enabled by default. Don't know about GO Launcher or Zeam.

That'd be fine except they lag horribly in the App drawer. Is there something I can change in the ROM?

Guest fradleyp
It'll be reading your contact's name from the SIM itself, despite them not showing up in your phonebook.

worked tha bit out, but why aren't they showing in contacts

I seem to have a problem with the r6 release.

when composing text either in sms/web browser etc if the dictionary is turned on the keyboard dissapears when I first hit a key.

if i disable the dictionary then it is ok.

to disable it i hit the DIC button in bottom left hand corner of keyboard.

any ideas how to fix?

ps.thanks for the hard work on this rom,very smooth n fast :-)

Yeah I also get that problem. Another problem I'm facing is when I go to view a message and then exit messaging I get process com.android.mms FC.

Apart from those two issues everything seems great so far. Cheers. :D

Guest johnkabou

Just a quick question. I shutted down my ZTE and tried to change the microSD. The phone stucked during boot. Then when I replaced the new one with the old everything was ok. Why is that? Am I not gonna be able to change the microSD? (all my applications are installed in the phone's memory)

Again thank you for your time

Guest triobot

i got the touchpal dictionary issue.

Several things about the messaging is that I press return, it sends the text and that the messenging is bright white. Personal preference i know, but i know i like multi line texts and not to be blinded

thank you for the ROM its really good :D

I like the new r6-ROM a lot.

Reports/Questions:

* I really miss the cifs.ko - it seems not to be build in the kernel. Anyone has got a module yet???

* TouchPal is not working. It crashes the moment I start typing. Android-keyboard and swype works fine

* TouchPal is QUERTY and didnt find a way to set it to QUERTZ (doesnst matter cause it crashes anyway :D )

* Pauls 2.2alpha5 had a power manager widget where the sync-toggle was replaced with the "data via mobile"-switch which I liked a lot but I couldnt find this anywhere now.

thnx

p

Guest saturnreturn

Hi.

First post here!

Firstly, I'm having no problems with this ROM so far that affect my daily use of the phone, so great work.

Also, I was very pleasantly surprised to see that the Google Maps v5 app includes support for vector maps, compass mode etc. as v5 on the stock orange 2.1 ROM did not have these features enabled. One slight quibble would be that the rotate gesture is also enabled, but the phone's hardware doesn't really support this (something to do with the multitouch not being able to cope when the points cross axes. Even the Nexus One has this issue. I assume there must be a way to disable the rotate gesture, but leave the other features enabled, but I wouldn't know how)

On the negative side, but not the fault of fibblesan, I really don't understand why Google took out the 3-stage volume control in 2.2: when using the volume rocker, it used to go sound->vibrate->silent. You now have to choose either vibrate, or completely silent, you can't have both. Cyanogen mod fixes this by adding an option in the settings to include a "vibrate only" mode between sound and silent. I know you're going for the near-to-stock-as-possible approach, but this is something that is considered a basic phone feature in a lot of people's eyes, so think it would be worth considering adding to this ROM. Would like to hear what others think about this...

Lastly, I also get the "phone is SIM network subset locked" message on the pattern lock screen. It doesn't seem to affect anything, but I guess it's just not very nice to see something that looks like an error everytime you turn the screen on.

Cheers again for your work on this.

Guest cybelixus
One slight quibble would be that the rotate gesture is also enabled, but the phone's hardware doesn't really support this (something to do with the multitouch not being able to cope when the points cross axes. Even the Nexus One has this issue. I assume there must be a way to disable the rotate gesture, but leave the other features enabled, but I wouldn't know how)

Let's hope this works, and that it can be ported to other devices/roms too.

I noticed that rotating works well if you either rotate just a bit, or rotate with one finger still (in the middle) and the other moving around it, so I wouldn't disable the rotate gesture.

Guest cybelixus

I just started having this weird annoying bug: When I wake up the screen from sleep the screen flickers for a very short time with what ever was on before the screen went to sleep, before displaying the lock screen. Haven't found anything on google. Could it be from the ROM?

Guest Teh H4rRy

So far with r6 installed I haven't had any screen freezes or other annoyances from other 2.2 ROMs however there is one quirk which bugs me a little, when the screen is on, the button lights at the bottom flash on and off. They will come on for a few seconds, come off for a few more and repeat. Only noticed it last night polishing off some WordFeud in bed.

Any ideas how I can stop it?

Guest Davie1888

Just a thought about all the problems others are having with this rom, not saying this is a fix but maybe worth a try, I took mine back to the stock rom from Paul. ( http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...online-kitchen/ ), before putting this one on, only problems i've had is with the wifi disconnect and the caller id missing, both fixed with the tweaks in this post.

Guest nebukan

Hey!

Nice rom! It's a everyday usage rom I would say.

The only things that I noticed so far is

1) Touchhpal crashes as others have reported. Using SlideIT anyways.

2) Caller ID missing on incoming calls.

3) Really annoying is that when i pair it to a Bluetooth stereo receiver the sound lags like hell. I guess this could be a problem with the bluetooth stack or compatible problems with the belkin receiver.

Wishlist = black statusbar!

Cheers!

Edited by nebukan

European Portuguese (pt-PT) language pack

Edited the resources (with apktool + adding the XML files for pt-PT from r5a, and from others sources when translation wasn't available) of the following packages to add proper European Portuguese translations to this ROM, as most of the texts in portuguese were written in the Brazilian variety of the language. It's totally safe, as I've not touch any of the classes.dex files inside the packages, just replaced the resource files with the new ones. Already tried it on my own phone and so far so good.

To install use the clockworkmod recovery and install the package (no need to wipe, etc. - it's the same procedure as installing the gingerbread theme).

Download: flb-froyo-blade-r6-ptLangPack.zip (14 MB) MD5 001F4CF5F0B123C55C108A64B3A41D04

Packages changed:

AccountAndSyncSettings.apk
Bluetooth.apk
CalendarProvider.apk
Contacts.apk
ContactsProvider.apk
DefaultContainerService.apk
DeskClockGoogle.apk
DownloadProvider.apk
DrmProvider.apk
Email.apk
Gallery3D.apk
GenieWidget.apk
GooglePartnerSetup.apk
HTMLViewer.apk
LatinIME.apk
LatinImeTutorial.apk
Launcher2.apk
LiveWallpapers.apk
LiveWallpapersPicker.apk
MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk
MediaProvider.apk
Mms.apk
Music.apk
PackageInstaller.apk
Protips.apk
Settings.apk
SoundRecorder.apk
Talk.apk
VisualizationWallpapers.apk
VoiceDialer.apk
VpnServices.apk[/codebox]

NOTE: The Launcher2.apk was changed from the Gingerbread theme package.

Guest Simon O
European Portuguese (pt-PT) language pack

Edited the resources (with apktool + adding the XML files for pt-PT from r5a, and from others sources when translation wasn't available) of the following packages to add proper European Portuguese translations to this ROM, as most of the texts in portuguese were written in the Brazilian variety of the language. It's totally safe, as I've not touch any of the classes.dex files inside the packages, just replaced the resource files with the new ones. Already tried it on my own phone and so far so good.

To install use the clockworkmod recovery and install the package (no need to wipe, etc. - it's the same procedure as installing the gingerbread theme).

Download: flb-froyo-blade-r6-ptLangPack.zip (14 MB) MD5 001F4CF5F0B123C55C108A64B3A41D04

Packages changed:

AccountAndSyncSettings.apk
Bluetooth.apk
CalendarProvider.apk
Contacts.apk
ContactsProvider.apk
DefaultContainerService.apk
DeskClockGoogle.apk
DownloadProvider.apk
DrmProvider.apk
Email.apk
Gallery3D.apk
GenieWidget.apk
GooglePartnerSetup.apk
HTMLViewer.apk
LatinIME.apk
LatinImeTutorial.apk
Launcher2.apk
LiveWallpapers.apk
LiveWallpapersPicker.apk
MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk
MediaProvider.apk
Mms.apk
Music.apk
PackageInstaller.apk
Protips.apk
Settings.apk
SoundRecorder.apk
Talk.apk
VisualizationWallpapers.apk
VoiceDialer.apk
VpnServices.apk[/codebox]

NOTE: The Launcher2.apk was changed from the Gingerbread theme package.

Brilliant. Thanks for doing this. It was on my list of things to do to add missing languages to the system apps. I'll check the files out and make a note of whats missing for the next release.

Fix for Wifi not re-connecting after sleep

Flash in recovery.

wpa_supplicant is the daemon that deals with wireless handshakes (amongst other things)

The handshake was failing. This is wpa_supplicant from another rom that works.

John

wifi_fix.zip

Guest Rotmann

That'd be fine except they lag horribly in the App drawer. Is there something I can change in the ROM?

I highly doubt that, for me and for many people from this forum LP and ADW drawers do not lag.

I just started having this weird annoying bug: When I wake up the screen from sleep the screen flickers for a very short time with what ever was on before the screen went to sleep, before displaying the lock screen. Haven't found anything on google. Could it be from the ROM?

Do you have your launcher, background or any widgets moved on the card? If yes, move them back. Saw this on my wife's sanfran.

Guest mantokoski

Saunalahti Blade. Just switched from JapJelly RLS6 to this r6.

First impressions:

- No A-GPS in options, I hope it's always on when GPS is on?

- Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish etc. UI localisation missing (News & Weather gets Finnish news though)

+ UI very smooth, no lag anymore when going from app menu to home screen (I wonder if the HW UI didn't work with JJ RLS6 even though I installed it)

+ Saunalahti_ril roaming fix works AND phone correctly shows network as "Elisa Oyj"

+ Working coverage bars

+ I can see dBm signal strength again in About phone / Status

+ Automatic network-provided time & date

It's a kick-ass rom! :D

I hope battery life in active phone/data use will be better than with JapJelly RLS6. I'll do the battery recalibration.

About the different 3G, 3G+ and H symbols. ZTE manual describes the 3G symbol, but new roms now show it as H. But really it just tells that you're on a 3G network and have a data connection. It doesn't mean HSDPA is active. Many phones (like Nokia E71) actually tell you when HSDPA is being used, but Blade doesn't.

Edited by mantokoski

Fix for Wifi not re-connecting after sleep

Flash in recovery.

wpa_supplicant is the daemon that deals with wireless handshakes (amongst other things)

The handshake was failing. This is wpa_supplicant from another rom that works.

John

Has this been confirmed working and can we just overwrite fibbs r6 rom wpa_supplicant with the one from this zip then reflash ?

Edited by danz0l

Guest gruad23

good ROM.

Two things I'd like to have:

* Is it possible that the screen does not darken anymore when taking a call?? (TFT here)

* cifs.ko in the kernel or as module. Can someone experienced with the process build one for this kernel and provide it here?

* I'm quite a n00b, but I didnt find any other callers in the market. I would like to have a caller where I can dial "names" on the numeric keypboard and it automatically shows me all matching entries of my contactlist. And I'd like to be able to end a call by pressing the power-button. The caller in pauls ROM has this so I got used to it and want to have it back. Anything I can do here?

thnx,

p

ps: yes ... and then there is this special problem of mine. When taking a call my face or beard tend to acticate the number-field somehow and then my faces presses all this numbers and it makes PIEP PIEP PIEP during the calls and my call-partners get definitely annoyed. And help on this one? (cosmetical surgery on that side of my face is out of question :D )