[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Amazing work flibblesan et al, many thanks for all your hard work!

Popped this on tonight & have been having a play & wondered if any one else has used the Speed Dial facility this ROM provides (hadn't seen the option in earlier versions)?

I've loaded mine in but the only one that works is "1" voicemail.

Is there something I'm not doing correctly?

Cheers, Paul

^ bump ^ :D

Just wanted to to know if it's a general problem or something I'm not doing correctly.

Cheers, Paul

Haven't tried it myself yet sorry.

No worries flibblesan, thanks for the reply.

I thought I might have more luck posting my question during daylight hours :D

Cheers, Paul

Guest steve1221

Just installed (thought it was about time I tried a 2.2 rom).

Very impressed so far.

One, very minor problem, I have been using the HTC keyboard on the 2.1 roms. It doesn't want to work on this one ?

All I get is a forced close every time I open it. I've rebooted with no change. Is it me? Or is there a compatibility issue with 2.2 ??

Guest fox2000

I can confirm that HTC keyboard works brilliantly on this rom

Actually I didn't installed it from scratch, but restored it via Titanium Backup from a previous rom...

Guest Dizador96
This has been covered plenty of times already in the thread :D

cant understand what to do with these

in terminal

>su

>cd sdcard

>cp ContactsProvider.apk /system/app

>reboot

soz i am a newbie

Guest Dizador96

cant understand what to do with these to fix my contacts. can anyone pls explain? :D

in terminal

>su

>cd sdcard

>reboot

soz i am a newbie

Guest Davie1888
cant understand what to do with these to fix my contacts. can anyone pls explain? :D

in terminal

>su

>cd sdcard

>reboot

soz i am a newbie

When you open terminal, just type each line and then press enter

Guest blackbart
When you open terminal, just type each line and then press enter

thanks for everyones help with that, had never used terminal emulator before, seems to have fixed the problem

Guest ztebladeuser
Touchpal can be fixed using the touchpal.apk that is linked in the "Touchpal is gone" thread on the main Blade page....

I find this touchpal version a lot better than the one on the market. The market one doesn't seem to allow you to cut a word short - It autofills its word choice and I couldn't find a way of fixing that.

So thats touchpal and contacts fixed. Next!

the mediafire link? i just installed it and i still have the same problem. is there another touchpal file i can try?

Guest strumluff

Something seems to be up with the wifi. I can connect fine at home on my WPA2 network. However at work we have an EAP network which I can normally connect to. However now it just says Connecting... then immediately disconnects. Mega broke =/ Any ideas about this?

Guest Qwertzycoatl
So for some odd reason someone else on another forum has the same ROM installed and doesn't have problems playing videos off http://m.youtube.com/ B) can anyone else test?

Works fine for me here, just played a video fine for my dad :D

Only issue seems to be one where it doesn't buffer overly quickly and will stop randomly, click play again and away it goes :P

I don't know if it has mentoined but I noticed an other bug. In the facebook app when I tap the camera button and I want to use my camera to share a picture it Force Closes.

And a question. What should I delete and where, to disable the camera shutter sound?

Hey flibblesan when can we expect updated version with working other than eng/ger languages? Even morelocale doesn't help.

Edited by MroziQ

I have an annoying problem when i call someone the screen turns off and i able unable to use the dialer or hang up.

This has happened a few times now

Did you wipe data and cache before flashing?

Just installed (thought it was about time I tried a 2.2 rom).

Very impressed so far.

One, very minor problem, I have been using the HTC keyboard on the 2.1 roms. It doesn't want to work on this one ?

All I get is a forced close every time I open it. I've rebooted with no change. Is it me? Or is there a compatibility issue with 2.2 ??

I just installed this rom, and had the same problem. Searching for a solution, I saw that there is a 2.2 version of HTC keyboard mod. Have installed this, and is now working fine.

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-for-the-blade/

As said, have just installed this rom. A bit annoyed that half my apps would not work properly after restoring from Titanium, otherwise all seems well. One thing that I noticed was that when I was reinstalling stuff from fresh, the phone gave me an option to move it to the SD card. Is this the Apps2FAT? When I said yes, it did it. I was under the impression that you needed to format your card in ext2/3 format? I have not done this. Does this sound right? Also my menu backgrounds are white (eg: when I press the menu button). I'm sure they were black before?

Edited by synet

Guest derharne

Tried a couple of other roms Japanese Jellyfish and Modaco, this is by far the best.

I had to do a few tweaks, contacts not been displayed when called, wifi not connecting and touchpal input but all solutions are in this forum and it is working great.

I got the contacts not displaying sorted by clearing the cache and installing the ContactsProvider.apk

Thanks Fibblescan

Very much a novice here, installed R5 recently and very happy with it, installed R6 since but found with Quadrant it was nowhere as quick so reverted back to R5, is this foolish, is r6 a better rom, could I get some advice please

Edited by bogman

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Very much a novice here, installed R5 recently and very happy with it, installed R6 since but found with Quadrant it was nowhere as quick so reverted back to R5, is this foolish, is r6 a better rom, could I get some advice please

Stagefright has been disabled in R6 which will result in lower Quadrant, but R6 uses the new kernel so backlit buttons etc work :D

Go for R6 again and ignore the Quadrant scores :P