[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest tomc123

Hi all,

Apart from being unable to sort my contacts problem out .... i noticed on all previous ROM's (and this one) i have been unable to save and view my sim card contacts. i am on t-mobile.

Any help much appreciated.

P.S the sim card is brand new and works fine in my old nokia...

Edited by tomc123

Hi1 Excelent ROM, Fast as a wind, Google apps updated - just perfect,but....

Wi-fi Tethering not working. that what i find besides dialer known bug.

Thanks anyway!

works perfectly here, even wpa2-psk, and very fast. Did do the wifi fix that was listed in this thread though so maybe thats the reason

Guest tomc123
works perfectly here, even wpa2-psk, and very fast. Did do the wifi fix that was listed in this thread though so maybe thats the reason

Hi can you remember which page the wifi fix was on ?

Hi can you remember which page the wifi fix was on ?

There you go

http://android.modaco.com/content/forum/32...zte-blade-beta/

My wifi now works perfectly (never ever has before on any rom) and i can connect and reconnect to my router at will :D

Bugger spoke too soon :P can't reconnect my wifi now, says remembered but won't reconnect until the router is rebooted. Mind i've had this issue on day 1 on ALL roms, including stock, with the ZTE.

Edited by danz0l

Guest DarkFlux

Just a noob question. Don't wanna make a whole thread about it.

If I install this ROM to a SF straight out the box will the SF be rooted and will all the orange apps be removed?

Thanks in advance! + can't wait to try it out!

Just a noob question. Don't wanna make a whole thread about it.

If I install this ROM to a SF straight out the box will the SF be rooted and will all the orange apps be removed?

Thanks in advance! + can't wait to try it out!

I strongly suggest following this thread before doing anything:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...and-other-roms/

Guest steeperton

I'm also suffering the facebook / camera closure issue... Not a big thing, but thought I'd better report it.

The other issue I'm having is that most of my ogg files are reporting as "unknown artist"... It wasn't like this in r3 or r5a. Plus it seems to be indiscriminate - some oggs of one album are recognised, and some aren't - the whole album was ripped at the same time, by me, and the tags are correct.

Guest Toyo Tomi

WOW!

I love u!!! : )

first time user, a total n00b!

but your custom ROM such a blow to my mind, in a positive way that is!

god bless (if he exist and under whatever name) !!

zte blade ftw!

Guest Matthew Ferguson
good ROM.

Two things I'd like to have:

* Is it possible that the screen does not darken anymore when taking a call?? (TFT here)

* cifs.ko in the kernel or as module. Can someone experienced with the process build one for this kernel and provide it here?

* I'm quite a n00b, but I didnt find any other callers in the market. I would like to have a caller where I can dial "names" on the numeric keypboard and it automatically shows me all matching entries of my contactlist. And I'd like to be able to end a call by pressing the power-button. The caller in pauls ROM has this so I got used to it and want to have it back. Anything I can do here?

thnx,

p

ps: yes ... and then there is this special problem of mine. When taking a call my face or beard tend to acticate the number-field somehow and then my faces presses all this numbers and it makes PIEP PIEP PIEP during the calls and my call-partners get definitely annoyed. And help on this one? (cosmetical surgery on that side of my face is out of question ;) )

Dialer one is themed the same as the stock dialer, and has smart dialing, or dialing of names, as you call it. It's on the market, as many other dialers are.

Guest southpaw1

Flib, any chance of changing the power widget to one with mobile data connection in your next release, presume this would be more useful to more users than the current one with Bluetooth,

Just scrap this idea if this is too much work, cheers mate

Guest Steveharr
Probably the first post in 96 pages where the poster hasn't gone "amazing rom BUT..." which is what I now predict when reading this thread.

Nice work.

Fibblesan, would it be an idea to have any fixes on the first page so we don't get the "how do I fix contacts" question 1000 times?

I agree, as much as I love reading every post to find the fixes hidden amongst them, it would be nice to have a 'Fixes' section related to each release.

Or maybe just a 'Post' number of when you announced the release (r6 - Post 1388 - Page 70) so we know where to start looking for the fixes related to that release.

I'm still unsure if I should go ahead with this release in case I missed something.

Edited by Steveharr

Guest Steveharr
This has already been discussed, get Widgetsoid from the market, it's brilliant, highly configurable and free.

I have been using Widgetsoid for about 3 weeks now, unfortunatly I don't totally agree it's brilliant. If it worked, I would agree it would be brilliant, but all too often things I switch just don't switch!

Guest NickNuke33

Really need an R7 soon.

Two main problems for me, after sleeping wifi is disconnected and needs to be reconnected, and the blade wifi fix doesn't do anything to help it.

And the ringtone names are messed up and there seems to be less ringtones then on the old G2 ROM.

There are names like F1_New_MMS, which is actually Captain's Log, there are a few other misnamed ringtones as well.

Thanks for the ROM, once these hicups are fixed it will be even better. ;)

Issues I have found on r6 are as follows.

1. Have found that some alarm clocks cannot be stopped when they go off and you have to kill the process via applications or take the battery out.

2. When I receive a phone call only the number is displayed and not the contact name, even though the contact (my Wife) is in my phone.

3. WiFi does not auto reconnect (I have applied the blade wifi fix, but that has made no difference)

Any fixes proposed for these ?

PS - Rather than each poster listing there faults can we not have a sticky section so you can see what others have identified as bugs before posting your own ?

Thanks

Edited by Juckky

Issues I have found on r6 are as follows.

1. Have found that some alarm clocks cannot be stopped when they go off and you have to kill the process via applications or take the battery out.

2. When I receive a phone call only the number is displayed and not the contact name, even though the contact (my Wife) is in my phone.

3. WiFi does not auto reconnect (I have applied the blade wifi fix, but that has made no difference)

Any fixes proposed for these ?

PS - Rather than each poster listing there faults can we not have a sticky section so you can see what others have identified as bugs before posting your own ?

Thanks

Take a look here : http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...lutions-centre/

Guest miksmith

With the inclusion of the new kernel in r6 I thought Id finally move from a stripped down stock ROM to FLB-Froyo. Its been excellent so far altough a couple of minor observations:

• DHCP (over wifi) takes longer than under 2.1
  • wifi signal strengths seems weaker

And a bit of a noob question: when r7 comes out how do you upgrade?? If I do a clockworkmod install over the current version how many of the current settings/data will be retained? Or can is there a preferred backup/restore route for this?

cheers

mike

Guest Qwertzycoatl
With the inclusion of the new kernel in r6 I thought Id finally move from a stripped down stock ROM to FLB-Froyo. Its been excellent so far altough a couple of minor observations:
  • DHCP (over wifi) takes longer than under 2.1
  • wifi signal strengths seems weaker

And a bit of a noob question: when r7 comes out how do you upgrade?? If I do a clockworkmod install over the current version how many of the current settings/data will be retained? Or can is there a preferred backup/restore route for this?

cheers

mike

If you upgrade from R6 to R7 via clockwork then you shouldn't need to wipe so everything will stay the same ;)