[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest tronads

Another little issue I have just noticed is that I cannot get the voice app to work when creating text messages on the HTC-IME keyboard. I know on 2.1 I had to install an alternative Voice Apk, but Ive installed that and its still not working. Ive also tried the latest version on the App Store and that wont fix it either.

Edited by tronads

Guest John Mills

Hi Fibble,

it appears as I said previously that Flash lite is working as a stand alone app and a plugin for the browser on Android 2.1.

See: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...ck-android-2-1/

I dont know if this could be tested with your ROM and if it is working added? I'll upload a copy of the ZIP he is using. Given that FroYo is considerably faster this might just be an solution for a lot of people.

Cheers

p.s. I hope it is not a problem to link to the post from here?

######################################

Quote from cool_droid:

I managed to get Flashlite working with the stock android 2.1 and the stock browser.

You will need to root your phone so you can copy the library files (*.so) to the /system/lib/ directory.

Then install the FlashPlugin.apk and reboot your phone.

It is not perfect, not all flash will play and some run slow...

All file are from the French Fries 2.1 image.

Enjoy

Flashlite.zip

Edited by John Mills

Guest buntoid

I've spotted something I've never noticed before with this rom......

After a restart the back/return button lights up in red and will only go out a minute or so after the screen switches off.

It reappears when the screen switches on, not only that if I press the button while it is red the phone wakes up.

If I put the phone on charge for a literally a second, it clears it.

Got any Ideas what this could be and anyone else experienced this?

Great rom by the way! :rolleyes:

Guest finbaar
nothing...it searches and searches and finaly gives up...

Mine did this. I switched the phone off and then when I switched on again I went to the Market and all was well, my google account was set up and ready to roll on Wifi. Got to say FroYo is so much nicer to use than Eclair thanks to FLB. I messed up my back up but the only bad thing about that is having to redo levels on Angry Birds.

Guest The Soup Thief
Mine did this. I switched the phone off and then when I switched on again I went to the Market and all was well, my google account was set up and ready to roll on Wifi. Got to say FroYo is so much nicer to use than Eclair thanks to FLB. I messed up my back up but the only bad thing about that is having to redo levels on Angry Birds.

Me too - I've lost hundreds of work hours of catapulting pigeons about since I traded up to Froyo - the prospect of having to trudge through those early levels again seems to have cured my addiction to the game though... :rolleyes:

Guest dadashi

very strange, I turned off the SF for an hour an turned it back on and now it logged into google :huh:

Well, that just leaves replacing my apps. I did a Titanium Backup before changing the rom (did a clockwork backup as well naturally :huh: )

For some reason Titanium won't replace the apps :rolleyes:

Could there be a compatibility problem between the apps on 2.1 and 2.2? Or maybe because I was using an Ext2 partition with apps2sd with the 2.1?

Guest balb0wa

one thing ive noticed, minor niggle, contact pictures, when i add one, they dont show up in the sms program, either chomp or handecent.

Its weird, i transfer them from my sim to the phone, add a pic, they show in the contact list, but not in call log.

Guest The Soup Thief

Glad to hear it worked out for you dadashi (bummer about the apps though - I've found appbrain offers a useful failsafe to ensure you keep track of your apps ok)

Here's something though - maybe this is a feature of Froyo (to which I'm new) but whenever I open Advanced Task Killer it appears I have virtually all my apps running, even though many of them I won't have used lately

I know froyo handles multitasking differently, so maybe these apps listed in Task Killer aren't actually running actively, but it just seems a bit odd

Battery doesn't seem to be running down a whole lot faster than under Sebastian404 latest deorangeated Eclair rom - at least there's no catastrophic difference

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest dadashi
Glad to hear it worked out for you dadashi (bummer about the apps though - I've found appbrain offers a useful failsafe to ensure you keep track of your apps ok)

Here's something though - maybe this is a feature of Froyo (to which I'm new) but whenever I open Advanced Task Killer it appears I have virtually all my apps running, even though many of them I won't have used lately

I know froyo handles multitasking differently, so maybe these apps listed in Task Killer aren't actually running actively, but it just seems a bit odd

Battery doesn't seem to be running down a whole lot faster than under Sebastien404 latest deorangeated Eclair rom - at least there's no catastrophic difference

I actually spoke too soon :rolleyes: Google mail account works but goocgle talk keeps telling me it couldn't connect and even though i'm logged on with my google account I can't download anything from the market :huh:

very strange, I turned off the SF for an hour an turned it back on and now it logged into google :huh:

Well, that just leaves replacing my apps. I did a Titanium Backup before changing the rom (did a clockwork backup as well naturally :huh: )

For some reason Titanium won't replace the apps :rolleyes:

Could there be a compatibility problem between the apps on 2.1 and 2.2? Or maybe because I was using an Ext2 partition with apps2sd with the 2.1?

I used Ti to restore my apps which were previously installed into an A2SD ext2 partition - have you downloaded busybox from inside Ti?

NICE!!!!

Installed this right over my gbforum froyo rom without wiping anything..... so far no problems.... Cheers Fibblesan!!!

Hi,

Did you lose any of the settings or installed programs?

Thanks, Ash

Guest flatnote31
Me too - I've lost hundreds of work hours of catapulting pigeons about since I traded up to Froyo - the prospect of having to trudge through those early levels again seems to have cured my addiction to the game though... :huh:

+1

almost burnt my lunch in the microwave a couple of times at work slinging pigs....

and the extended rest-room breaks.... it's good though that it's a touch screen.... no one can hear me clicking :rolleyes:

I'm back to r4 now (2.1) and it's still fine, tends to slow down sometimes but overall it's quite good...

from the difference of performance comparing AngryBirds on 2.1 and 2.2, it has to be the processor that's affecting that....as the 2D and 3D scores haven't improved that much from 2.1 to 2.2, as opposed to processor score (based on Quadrant results)

Guest dadashi
I used Ti to restore my apps which were previously installed into an A2SD ext2 partition - have you downloaded busybox from inside Ti?

no I haven't, I've logged on with my google account but still can't download from market! google talk won't connect either...

Guest The Soup Thief
no I haven't, I've logged on with my google account but still can't download from market! google talk won't connect either...

Suggestions:

1 Did you mean that you hadn't installed busybox from inside Titanium backup? If that's what you meant - try it - go to the Problems button or whatever it's called and Titanium backup will fetch you the busybox and all the instructional goodness that lies within (without needing to go near android market I think)

2 Sounds like you're having problems from the get go with google on this install. Considered flashing the rom again? Will set you back all of 10 minutes, versus lots of messing about trying to make good on what might be a shaky install

Just ideas... Good luck

(oh, and do make sure that rather than letting the phone try to register with The Google at the end of install you hit cancel, connect w 3g first off then put in your gmail details in settings and get yerself to market)

Edited by The Soup Thief

This FROYO is working wonderful. However, I couldn't connect to adb. previous ROM R4 Paul, adb working fine with USB driver from wiki.

anyone can help which driver I should take or modified to get adb works? I use windows XP.

Thanks.

This FROYO is working wonderful. However, I couldn't connect to adb. previous ROM R4 Paul, adb working fine with USB driver from wiki.

anyone can help which driver I should take or modified to get adb works? I use windows XP.

Thanks.

What drivers are you using? adb works fine for me.

Guest dadashi
Suggestions:

1 Did you mean that you hadn't installed busybox from inside Titanium backup? If that's what you meant - try it - go to the Problems button or whatever it's called and Titanium backup will fetch you the busybox and all the instructional goodness that lies within (without needing to go near android market I think)

2 Sounds like you're having problems from the get go with google on this install. Considered flashing the rom again? Will set you back all of 10 minutes, versus lots of messing about trying to make good on what might be a shaky install

Just ideas... Good luck

(oh, and do make sure that rather than letting the phone try to register with The Google at the end of install you hit cancel, connect w 3g first off then put in your gmail details in settings and get yerself to market)

Ok, I did another reboot and market worked again, downloaded busybox and managed to replace a few apps. great

but five minutes later market opens but I can't download anything again!! It just doesn't seem to run stable, lots of starts and stops and hicups...

Not exactly very reliable...

I'll most probably revert back to my 2.1 which was working perfectly, I've got a clockwork image backed up....

Is there any way to use the camera app from 2.2 with VGA video recording in the 2.1?

Edited by dadashi

I assume you did a full wipe before you installed it?

Ok, I did another reboot and market worked again, downloaded busybox and managed to replace a few apps. great

but five minutes later market opens but I can't download anything again!! It just doesn't seem to run stable, lots of starts and stops and hicups...

I'll most probably revert back to my 2.1 which was working perfectly, I've got a clockwork image backed up....

Is there any way to use the camera app from 2.2 with VGA video recording in the 2.1?

Guest The Soup Thief

Yowk - that's all sounding a bit odd

Certainly different from my experience and that of others here (though often logic doesn't seem to hold so well when you're playing with tech stuff...)

One last idea - when you're reinstalling, are you clearing the cache and memory in Clockwork?

Another last idea - I often find the market a bit clunky - sometimes it'll download stuff happily, sometimes it'll stutter and bump for hours without downloading anything (I posted here a while back about having downloads queued for days under the stock orange rom, which suddenly decided to download)

I'd suggest holding fire, seeing if it does its thing (try rebooting - that seems to kickstart market downloads for me sometimes - under other roms - had no significant delay in the short time since installing froyo)

Can the 2.2 camera be added to 2.1? Dunno - I'm learning quick but not that quick.... I'd reccomend you persevere with this one cos it's reet good once it's bedded in properly

Edited by The Soup Thief

After moderating it a bit myself, I must say this ROM is excellent!

HOWEVER: When GPS is activated, Maps shows my position in the middle of Sweden, even though I'm in Stockholm. It is as if it can only determine my position on a national level. Anyone else experiencing something similar?

Guest SebbesApa
After moderating it a bit myself, I must say this ROM is excellent!

HOWEVER: When GPS is activated, Maps shows my position in the middle of Sweden, even though I'm in Stockholm. It is as if it can only determine my position on a national level. Anyone else experiencing something similar?

Same here. Have been like that for me on all the 2.2 roms....