[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest The Soup Thief
Sorry guys. I get stressed quite easily these days. I'll take a rest and look at the ROM again soon.

Hi flibblesan - just wanted to join with so many others in showing my appreciation for your fantastic efforts for the community. Your ROMs have transformed my experience of this phone and while it sounds like you need a (well-earned) break, from a selfish perspective, I really hope you get your appetite back for this before too long - your work rocks like no other!

Cheers fella!

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Either way your decision goes Flibblesan, i'll say your ROM is the best I've so far used. Definitely the most stable, with the fewest bugs. I know the constant badgering must get wearing, so whatever your choice is, be it continuing here, or collaborating with Paul, you are an asset to this community

Guest Autopiolet
Sorry guys. I get stressed quite easily these days. I'll take a rest and look at the ROM again soon.

Just give it a rest, and keep on amazing us with your great work.

You're the Man.

Guest strumluff

Like others here it's your ROM I've been using from your very first 2.2 release and have loved your work and greatly appreciate the effort you have put in to making the blade so much more usable. I echo the others above and while sorry to hear you're stopping it I'm glad to hear you have not completely thrown in the towel. There's no need to apologise, you deserve a break and shouldn't be working on it if it's stressing you out. Thanks again for all your efforts.

Guest Filipe Catalao

what are the differences in this fixed version? contact id now appear when incoming a call? A-GPS option in settings now appear? tell me

And this new fixed version includes the PT-PT pack or i need to install it apart?

Guest theShire
Hi flibblesan - just wanted to join with so many others in showing my appreciation for your fantastic efforts for the community. Your ROMs have transformed my experience of this phone and while it sounds like you need a (well-earned) break, from a selfish perspective, I really hope you get your appetite back for this before too long - your work rocks like no other!

Cheers fella!

+1

Guest vasiloy

Cheers fella!

+1

Guest WodgeFTW

Fibble, this is the best rom on here by far, fast, smooth, and the best for day to day use, its probably the Cyanogen mod equivalent of Super F.

Hope you feel the urge to get coding again soon, and if it's broken, post a bug report, not bitchin' and moanin' about it, he's doing this for our benefit to get the most from our SFs.

MUCH LOVE!

Good rom, got the contacts working too..

moved from r3a to r6 couple of days ago. Feels much better.. good work man.

Just came back just to say.. Thanks! ;)

ohh.. on reading the last few pages.. nooooooooooo.. don't give up... just get some rest.. you will feel much better when you get back.

Edited by Suj999

I want to say that these ROMs are great!

I imagine that sometimes reading through the posts can be demoralising (my caller ID’s not working etc). But for every fault we like to moan about, there are lots of reasons for us all to say THANK YOU FLIBBLESAN! ;)

<hero worship>WE LOVE YOU!</our hero>

Guest m_w_clarke

Just wanted to add that I went from 2.1 to this 2.2 build at the weekend (so using the original R6 build) and then BEFORE flashing, I replaced the contacts.apk in the zip file with the one from the fixes thread.

Flashed, then wiped and all went extremely smoothly. I then applied the wifi fix vizaclockwork and I have to say I have NO ISSUES at all with this ROM. The contacts all appear when they ring. The call log is always there (I dont know what the issue reported in the fix thread is, I have not had any issues). Wifi ALWAYS reconnects after sleep.

I really recommend this ROM and hope that Fibble de-stresses and can continue his fantastic work on it.

All the best,

I really recommend this ROM and hope that Fibble de-stresses and can continue his fantastic work on it.

We all hope so ;)

This rom with the stock dialer is the most battery-saving one I've ever seen, and it is a very important point.

We all hope so ;)

This rom with the stock dialer is the most battery-saving one I've ever seen, and it is a very important point.

I Agree :) I don't know what people have against the stock dialer, i prefer it to be honest :D

Guest m_w_clarke
We all hope so ;)

Sorry, yes, should have also said that the battery life with the R6 is AMAZING! After 24 hours with wifi partly on and 3G data on I have 71% left! The best ever :-)

Guest fox2000
I Agree ;) I don't know what people have against the stock dialer, i prefer it to be honest :)

I don't like it very much, it lacks T9 dialling which I find very very useful... ;) I also tried some other dialers available on the Market, but no one seems enough clean and simple like ZTE one... any advice will be appreciated ;)

For me that's the only bad point of this ROM, which otherwise is really fast, smooth and really battery-saving! :D I hope flibblesan will continue his outstanding work!

Edited by fox2000

Guest pfaffer

Hi!

I am trying to translate Froyo for ZTE Blade for the hungarian community. I managed to translate this r6 release but cant translate the newer ones. I get boot loop if I try to modify system apks.

My question is that what is the difference between this r6 release and the newer ROM-s? You mentioned this in your post:

"- System has been completely resigned using the test key. Custom frameworks will need to be resigned accordingly. This will make it a lot easier for people to produce custom themes."

What does this means? How to resign system? If you resign system can you decode and build system apks to translate strings? Is this the difference between this ROM and the new ones that I am looking for?

Can somebody help me?

Changelog

r6 - 8th January 2011

New:

- Custom built kernel for all ZTE Blades. OLED and TFT, 3mp and 5mp cameras. Any issues please report.

- Majority of system applications updated to Android 2.2.1 base.

- A2SD enabled. Needs an ext2/ext3 partition on the SD for use. Will automatically activate if you have one.

- Buggy ZTE SmartDialer replaced with the Android dialer. If you need a T9 dialer please install an alternative from the market.

- System has been completely resigned using the test key. Custom frameworks will need to be resigned accordingly. This will make it a lot easier for people to produce custom themes.

- Distinct multitouch enabled for applications that support it such as Google Maps. Allows two finger rotation.

- Stagefright disabled as it's broken.

Fixed:

- Camera app should no longer crash for 5MP users

- Facebook contact sync now works

- Changed default DNS from Taiwan to Google DNS. May fix the no connection issues affecting some users. This is an untested fix

- Removed CheckinProvider which caused high CPU usage. Removed all ZTE apps apart from Filer and Task Manager

r5a - 3rd January 2011

Fixed:

- Email app crash when viewing fixed. Tested as fully working.

r5 - 2nd January 2011

Fixed:

- Email app force close when forwarding email

- PIN & Password lock screen configuration no longer force closes

r4a - 2nd January 2011

Fixed:

- Menu button unlock disabled. Gingerbread theme updated with the fix.

r4 - 1st January 2011

New:

- Browser reverted to stock configuration with no pre-installed Chinese bookmarks

- Settings.apk fixed to remove ZTE Hand Service.

- HSDPA icon enabled

- Launcher2 from G2 ROM with corrected shortcuts

Apps:

- Android Term

- Google Car Home

- Google Market

- Google Maps

- Gallery3D

- Live Wallpapers

- Magic Smoke Live Wallpapers

- Smart Dialer

- YouTube

- Google Listen

- Google TTS

- QuickOffice

- WiFi Status

Guest amsbatista

I have a problem with this ROM, when I receive a call is not shown me the person's name but the phone number someone else have this problem

Batista.

Guest Qwertzycoatl
I have a problem with this ROM, when I receive a call is not shown me the person's name but the phone number someone else have this problem

Batista.

Yes some people have experienced this issue and it has been covered already numerous times in this thread.

Look around Page 94 or look for the topic on resolving the G6 issues in this forum.

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Do I need to install the latest Clockworkmod to install this ROM or will my older version be ok?

I upgraded mine to 2.5.1.8 and it worked fine but I installed R5a with 2.5.0.9 just fine.

Make a nandroid if you are worried at all ;)

Guest DrEzkimo
We all hope so ;)

Better than 2.1 or in comparison to other froyo roms? battery is also priority one for me so am not upgrading if i get even a slight drop.

great work done by all though :)

Guest Filipe Catalao

Hi. I updated from R6 to R6 (fixed version), and I have a problem. FM Radio sound is too low, even in max volume. why? MP3 music volume is normal, but radio is too low ( with phones).

And another question in general: Why my phones, if I don't use it , when I open advanced task killer, some apps are open that I never open? (yes, after power on and kill all apps that opens with startup) And how can I manager apps that open in startup?

Tks and great Work, and yes, with the new fixed version, the problem with ID caller has gone ;)

Guest m_w_clarke

Something Ive just noticed that I never had before on MCR 2.1; the notification light keeps flashing when the batery indicator gets to <35% and the screen is off.....ie when its orange on the notification/status bar.

Is this specific to this ROM or a 2.2 setting?

Can I stop this?

Fibble, this is the best rom on here by far, fast, smooth, and the best for day to day use, its probably the Cyanogen mod equivalent of Super F.

Hope you feel the urge to get coding again soon, and if it's broken, post a bug report, not bitchin' and moanin' about it, he's doing this for our benefit to get the most from our SFs.

MUCH LOVE!

^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

^^^^^^^^^^^

This is by far my fave rom, and was installed at R6. There were a few minor bugs, and the solutions were posted very quickly.

They were also by no means showstopper bugs.

I just wish people would search, this thread is over 100 pages long now, and I bet on 90 of them I could find something along the lines "when people ring, I can not see their name. Please fix".

All of the roms on this site have been put together by hard working individuals that do it for the love of it.

If people don't like it, stick to stock or create your own ;)