[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Better than 2.1 or in comparison to other froyo roms? battery is also priority one for me so am not upgrading if i get even a slight drop.

great work done by all though ;)

Yes, it seems to be significantly better. Since the main difference between flbR6 and other ROMs is the stock dialer, AND it is known that ZTE dialer causes some wake lock issues, it is estimated (by me) that this change leads to the measurably better battery performance.

Guest DrEzkimo
Yes, it seems to be significantly better. Since the main difference between flbR6 and other ROMs is the stock dialer, AND it is known that ZTE dialer causes some wake lock issues, it is estimated (by me) that this change leads to the measurably better battery performance.

interesting ;) just got hold of another phone so maybe I shall test it on that one first :)

edit: anyone else find the battery to be better than 2.1?

Edited by DrEzkimo

interesting ;) just got hold of another phone so maybe I shall test it on that one first :)

Yes i think its better. Just make sure after installing you do the battery recalibration, seems to really help.

Guest Stevvie
I have a problem with this ROM, when I receive a call is not shown me the person's name but the phone number someone else have this problem

Batista.

The solution is in the FIRST post here http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...lutions-centre/ for that problem, you basically download ContactsProvider.apk, install it delete and clear your contacts, then reboot and resynce, thats what fixed it for me.

Edited by Stevvie

Guest DrEzkimo

darn so i installed this and its stuck on the ZTE animation logo and wont go any further??

edit: yey wiping the data then reflashing worked perfectly. im such a noob ;)

Edited by DrEzkimo

There might be something in it, kalt_kaffee also implemented this.

Guest Filipe Catalao

How can I change the boot screen? ZTE's defaut boot animation is for me, ugly.

And please people, when possible, check if in this version R6 Fixed, the radio volume is too low or not

And please people, when possible, check if in this version R6 Fixed, the radio volume is too low or not

Make sure the round dial (around the speaker) is all the way in the green (its a ipod like rotate).

Seems loud enough to me ,,,,

Guest Filipe Catalao
while i think it's much better than the modaco uber gänxta, apple eating droids or htc animations.

but a boot animation with chinese characters, and a little ''slow'' motion impression is not the best way to start a Blade ^^ so how can I change the boot animation? or where are others?

Tks anyway.

Guest Rotmann
And another question in general: Why my phones, if I don't use it , when I open advanced task killer, some apps are open that I never open? (yes, after power on and kill all apps that opens with startup) And how can I manager apps that open in startup?

It's a big mistake to use Task Killers on android. Look! If you want to prevent apps from autostarting, use Autostarts from the market.

It's a big mistake to use Task Killers on android. Look! If you want to prevent apps from autostarting, use Autostarts from the market.

I agree, i used to use Advanced Task Killer and battery life was terrible. Now i don't bother with one and battery life is excellent ;)

Guest thriddle

Just installed this yesterday as my first ROM replacement. Very impressed: thanks flibblesan! Fantastic work. ;)

And thanks to danz0l for making the bug fixes easier to access.

Md5 for fixed rom #7c297afe1c999454103a4eb67798972c

Hope i done this right, used md5sums

Thanks, got the same value. Will install this rom this evening :-)

Guest Duarte Sousa

I' using r6 andy it's very good, Congratulations....., one question by a Noob... how can i overclock my device ?? I have SetCpu, but i cant put more then 600 mhz ...srsrsrs!!!

Sorry my bad English, but i'm from Portugal... ;)

Guest paulads

i did mine using the instructions and images in the thread by Frankish

"nice android splash" i think it was called

looks great...much better

i tried to post a link to it and failed

...such is life...

Edited by paulads

Guest sto1911

The fixed r6 won't boot on my OSF, the old one (without the fix & fix in a separate file) works like a charm.

Besides, how is it possible, that the very same ROM installed with the sasme steps show different amount of RAM on two identical OSFs??? The stock ROM show 414, the two FLBs show 416 v 404. ;)

Edited by sto1911

Guest Blasphemous

Just a few really stupid questions guys... sorry!

I loaded this rom and it looks nice. I'm mostly looking for an improvement in battery life (I've noticed it mentioned a few times so hoping it does improve with this rom). And the other thing I want to get on the phone is Apps2SD as I've run out a space a few times and had to dump games, music etc. I've restored the phone back to my R2 for now though due to my questions here.

1) So the first question is, when this new rom was on the phone I went into 'Mobile Network' settings to add my O2 settings for internet/web etc but I couldn't see the 'Access Point Names' which is where I added them last time. Has this section moved/been changed?

2) The other question is, how the hell do you sync your contacts BACK from Google? I've got them on there and I can see them on the computer but I can't find how to sync them back onto the phone! I set up my account on the phone (after flashing the new rom), and went into 'Accounts & Sync' and tried to sync and it did sync for a few minutes (or at least the 'sync' sign appeared at the top of the screen), but after it finished all I could see were a few dates added to the phone calendar and even then it didn't add all of the dates I have in Google Calendar (online). As I say, I've restored back to R2 using clockwork and everything has come back fine including my contacts so perhaps there's a way of getting my contacts on the new rom from clockwork? Anyway, I'd appreciate some help in syncing my contacts BACK into the phone and some advice on how to sync the calendar dates back in too.

3) The next question is with regard to the battery. Is there a % indicator that anyone would recommend? I use one with R2 but wondered if there are any better ones?

4) The last question is with regard to Apps2SD. Once I have this rom on the phone do I download Apps2SD from somewhere (The Market?), and just add it to the phone and run it from there?

That's the lot! Thank you in advance for your help guys.

Blas.

Edited by Blasphemous

Guest citakis
Please could you clarify what languages is support?

Especially i am intresting about English(Greek) or Greek with keyboard layout.

So far almost everything in the interface is in English, even if you select Greek as system language.

But you can see greek text in a file or sms and if you want greek keyboard layout it can easily be added from the market.

Just a few really stupid questions guys... sorry!

1) You'll find the access point names now under GSM/UMTS options

4) No you don't need anything from the market. Apps2SD will detect an EXT2, EXT3 partition and use that if its present. It then moves the apps there automatically instead of internal memory. It does use some internal storage but this is minimal and vastly superior to using the phones storage alone.

Edited by danz0l