[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest The Soup Thief

Re: battery drain with this ROM

My indicator was at 86% when I left home this morning

76% now, 9 hours later. One brief call received and a bit of light Guardian Anywhere use only at lunch. Got 3g and GPS turned off

To be honest, compared against the stock ROM, I think that's pretty good going, particularly given that heavy Dialler battery usage was initially highlighted as an issue with this ROM

Guest psychoduck

Could someone with this ROM please try setting up the phone to receive HTML mail from a POP3 account and let me know if they can view any of the embedded images as no one else seems to have reported this as a problem.

Guest steff.jay

hey guys.

I'm reading this forum since several days now and this thread since beginning, but still I'm a very noob regarding android. :rolleyes:

So pls help me with a question:

If I use this ROM, but delete some apps like flibble wrote - and later I want to update to rev2/3/4... does it only update the system or will these apps also be installed then?

And another question would be, if GPS is working fine? Mine doesn't on seba404's lite-version :huh:

Thanks,

BR from Germany

Does anyone know about apps running in the background ? I have too many of them. My phone is on charger right now. I killed apps (Advanced task killer),after 10 minutes i've checked my phone and killed them again,and it said 6 apps killed,30secs after that 3 apps killed. Is it normal? On the orange stock it was just 2 or 3.

hey guys.

I'm reading this forum since several days now and this thread since beginning, but still I'm a very noob regarding android. :rolleyes:

So pls help me with a question:

If I use this ROM, but delete some apps like flibble wrote - and later I want to update to rev2/3/4... does it only update the system or will these apps also be installed then?

And another question would be, if GPS is working fine? Mine doesn't on seba404's lite-version :huh:

Thanks,

BR from Germany

Hi - yes you should be able to flash future revisions over the top, and all apps / settings remain (take a Clockworkmod backup and Titanium backup to be safe though :huh:).

Does anyone know about apps running in the background ? I have too many of them. My phone is on charger right now. I killed apps (Advanced task killer),after 10 minutes i've checked my phone and killed them again,and it said 6 apps killed,30secs after that 3 apps killed. Is it normal? On the orange stock it was just 2 or 3.

I have no idea how many apps are running in the background - you should stop your task killer - all it does is waste battery killing tasks that sit in the background not consuming any power, which often restart themselves anyway. Google is your friend :D http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=ch...killer+bad+idea

Guest veehexx

i had the same on the 2.2 chinese rom - touchscreen would stop working.

the phone will still 'wake up' with the power button, and pressing the hardware buttons results in the haptics being triggered (ie: vibrate). also long press power button brings up the usual power-off box.

however im unable to get off the lock screen.

i do have a ton of apps installed, but the same apps are installed on 2.1 without issues. i only have issues with 2.2.

it seems i only have issues when the phone has been asleep for a while.

launcher pro, dialer one, spare parts, OS Monitor are the mains ones i think. the rest are games and stuff like Opera, Adobe reader and AK Notepad etc.

anyone else experiencing issues?

Guest the_bone
i had the same on the 2.2 chinese rom - touchscreen would stop working.

the phone will still 'wake up' with the power button, and pressing the hardware buttons results in the haptics being triggered (ie: vibrate). also long press power button brings up the usual power-off box.

however im unable to get off the lock screen.

i do have a ton of apps installed, but the same apps are installed on 2.1 without issues. i only have issues with 2.2.

it seems i only have issues when the phone has been asleep for a while.

launcher pro, dialer one, spare parts, OS Monitor are the mains ones i think. the rest are games and stuff like Opera, Adobe reader and AK Notepad etc.

anyone else experiencing issues?

Me too, put it on late last night woke up this morning with screen unresponsive. Had this happen on the other froyo ROM so went back to R4.

Guest go4bust
OK... downloading the ROM now... just a check... if I don't like it, just a matter of using a Clockwork recovery of R4 to get back to 2.1?

Yes.

Remember to clear cache and data before reverting to R4 (2.1). Though I do miss the 'move to sdcard' feature in the applications prefs :-)

Guest Teh H4rRy

Okay, the more I read this thread the closer I come to downloading it. Here's the thing, If I were to use this ROM, and I didnt like it can I revert to an old ClockworkMod backup I made with 2.1 running? Or would I need to do some other flashing etc?

And another question would be, if GPS is working fine? Mine doesn't on seba404's lite-version <_<

No, the GPS is not working as it should, at least not in Sweden - it identifies my position as in the exact middle of the country when I'm in Stockholm ...

This GPS issue is one of two things I cannot get working.

The other is Facebook sync. Is it just me who's annoyed about Facebook sync (for contacts, etc) not working in the Orange stock or any mods?

Guest Freekers
Okay, the more I read this thread the closer I come to downloading it. Here's the thing, If I were to use this ROM, and I didnt like it can I revert to an old ClockworkMod backup I made with 2.1 running? Or would I need to do some other flashing etc?

Just make a Backup in ClockWork before flashing this ROM and you can switch back any time.

Offtopic: 11 (ELEVEN) Pages within 24 hours.. that's insane

Keep up the good work

Edited by Freekers

Guest The Soup Thief
No, the GPS is not working as it should, at least not in Sweden - it identifies my position as in the exact middle of the country when I'm in Stockholm ...

This GPS issue is one of two things I cannot get working.

The other is Facebook sync. Is it just me who's annoyed about Facebook sync (for contacts, etc) not working in the Orange stock or any mods?

GPS on mine locates me a couple of hundred metres away from here, which in the scheme of things ain't so bad - half-a-Sweden strikes me as a pretty big error margin :huh:

Facebook synch I can well live without - just used Titanium backup to get rid of that sordid little app

What I've found surprisingly annoying is the problem with the FM radio - on the day when people are starting to come clean about the state of Ireland's finances it would be a big help to be able to get the radio news to see if I can expect to have a job after Christmas

Am guessing the radio doesn't work because of a problem in the kernel - was gonna just check by trying to download another FM radio player but couldn't see one in the market - anyone know of one aside from the stock one?

Interesting thing I just noticed on the browser - maybe this was the case in the stock browser on 2.1 or maybe it's referred to elsewhere and i've missed it, but i noticed initially web pages are zoomed out to the maximum (so you see the whole page). Just double tapping zooms in straight away to a readable level. That's neat :rolleyes:

Guest darky4e

Ohh at hungary we have only a 256mb ram edition zte blade a.k.a. chinese... and can't install this rom.. less ram is not enough for this rom? its just strange because i had see phones with 256mb ram running froyo :rolleyes: any solution?

Just installed this ROM. Really cool!

One minor issue I have is that I would like to install the vanilla TouchPal that came with the original MCR etc. Any ideas about how I go about it?

Thanks

Guest Aranathos

I've been using this all day and I thought I'd post some early impressions (I know many of these have been touched on):

Obvious

- Much faster in general use, everything feels snappy especially menu navigation

- Screen orientation occurs much more quickly, very responsive

- Default keyboard offers predictive text (still not as good as Swiftkey)

Quirks

- Network shows as O2 despite being a Tesco Mobile SIM

- Light-sensor does not work

- Data connection no longer displays 3G+, just 3G and it feels slower (coincidence?)

- Google Maps thinks I am in the Yorkshire Dales (currently I'm in Antrim, NI)

- Browser seems to struggle connecting to pages when using G/3G, fine on WiFi

- Battery life is definitely poorer, probably due to light-sensor issue

Very impressed overall with 2.2, and this is a great Beta to play with.

Guest sensory

Awesome work on all this, it looks great.

It'd be even better if it didn't include all the bloatware, though. AmazonMP3 and Photobucket to name just two. I know you can remove them in the .zip or with TitaniumBackup, but it's a bit of a hassle when you don't need these apps or have your own alternatives.

Keep up the great work!

yeap u can i did that many time.. :rolleyes:

Guest bugeyes
Could someone with this ROM please try setting up the phone to receive HTML mail from a POP3 account and let me know if they can view any of the embedded images as no one else seems to have reported this as a problem.

OK ITS NOT JUST YOU!

no pics in pop3 email either odd?

Guest steff.jay
Hi - yes you should be able to flash future revisions over the top, and all apps / settings remain (take a Clockworkmod backup and Titanium backup to be safe though :huh:).

just to be sure: if I delete wave-secure this time and on rev2 it's included again... will it be installed then or do I have to delete it again before updating? :huh:

so... the GPS-problem is known, besides any ROM-choice? :rolleyes:

Guest Teh H4rRy

I keep getting Process.Android.Acore stopped unexpectedly. and keeps popping up when I go into the dialer. Going back to 2.1 now as I have no working phone. I will be waiting for the newer releases :rolleyes: