[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O
So there should be addon for lang pack ?;) someday ;)

I'm making a list of the apps that need translating. So far I've found that

Email

Contacts

Gallery3D

Calculator

Music

News and weather

Phone

Voice Dialer

Talk

Settings

are not translated to all languages. I'll translate them over the next few days then release an update.

Guest Simon O
Hi Fibblesan

first, thanks for the r7,

I got the exact same problem with the reboot option. It is from the lock screen. It hangs the phone. All you can do then is switching on or off the screen, but the menu with the reboot item stays on.

I've mentioned this to Paul who made the app. The application would need to unlock the phone to show the reboot menu. We are looking to see if it's possible for the app to do this.

Guest Simon O
humm and how about the "Gingerbread theme pack for r7" can i install the pack after removing those apps?

still fit in this smaller partition?

Tanks flibblesan for the excellent work once again!

The gingerbread pack only contains a replacement settings app launcher and live wallpapers. Shouldn't increase the size too much as it'll replace the current installed apps.

Flashed R7 (had before R6 with contact fix etc.), but I stuck in a boot loop. It only shows the new Nexus boot animation. I deleted Dalvik, but this didn't help. Any hints?

@flb: Thx for the new ROM!

Thanks a lot,

alpinestars

Hi Flibblesan,

Thanks for the great work on this.

I've got a problem though. I installed r7 over the top of r6(un-fixed version) and the phone is looping on the boot animation. I've tried it twice now. Any idea why?

Cheers... ;)

Flashed R7 (had before R6 with contact fix etc.), but I stuck in a boot loop. It only shows the new Nexus boot animation. I deleted Dalvik, but this didn't help. Any hints?

Thanks a lot,

alpinestars

Snap! ;)

Guest aradalien

Fibble the rom is now close to amazing you have pulled out all the stops on this one,

i havent found a single fault yet and with the gingerbread skin its even more amazing

Good job fibble

Loksie

Guest SpeRator

Thanks a lot,

alpinestars

Could you solve the problem!

Guest Simon O

Some logs would help if you are stuck in a boot loop. If you have the android sdk installed then use ddms to view the phones logs and it should give an idea whats causing the problem. The only thing I can think of causing the problem is an app you have installed.

Do either of you have resized partitions from using TPT at some point?

Guest carlosac
Never used JJ so cannot comment on the performance of games but it's quicker than FLB r6 in games. No overclocking.

Thank you very much ;) Even theres no OC ill try it and post report ;), maybe it will be better than JJ9 with 710 MHz :D

Edited by carlosac

Guest Simon O

Could I ask a favor please? If you need to use the rom in another language could you please make a post with the language you need and the applications that are not translated. I'll work on this during the week and try to get an update out by next week with fully translated apps.

Guest RottenFoxBreath

Updated R6 to R7, and now seem to have a wifi issue, in so much as, it won't connect.

If you go into settings, - wireless & netwrks, "wifi" says "scanning", go into wifi settings, it still says "scanning" and finds a few local networks, protected or not, but won't connect to mine or theirs, no matter what i do, re-entering details, static ip's etc..

there has been an odd occasion it might connect, but mostly will not, and if the phone goes to sleep, it will connect briefly, then disconnect, and not reconnect.

Using the power widget, to enable wifi, or using switchpro to enable it, all I get is the dark wifi icon at the top right of the notification bar.

backed up the rom, and went back to R6, and wifi connects almost instantly.(that has a wifi text logo, different from this one.

Is this an issue with just me, would i have to install the wififix.zip again?, or is something broken?

LOL, apart from this minor setback for me, the rom runs great.

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Guest TheHijacker
Could I ask a favor please? If you need to use the rom in another language could you please make a post with the language you need and the applications that are not translated. I'll work on this during the week and try to get an update out by next week with fully translated apps.

Could you please add Slovenian language to the Froyo 2.2? I can select it from the menu but it still displays all menu strings in English. My SGS has Slovenian language so I guess it is possible.

Thank you.

Hey guys.

One question. Not that it matters that much but default internet browser is unable to open any site while Opera mini that I use can go anywhere. Any ideas?

Loving this rom. Was at first unable to port contacts from sim to phone but just did factory reset and it is all Ok now.

Thanks!

Guest reluctant_traveller

Sweet.

Just by setting up my Google account, I could immediately tell that this version appears to be faster, I did not have to use the delete key once on the keyboard due to lag!

Well done!

Guest andycanada

Hi, thanks for the rom.

I installed it and it defaulted to German. When I switched to English, amy of the application labels are still in german. ex. einstellungen (settings), google-suche (google search), galerie, kalender, kamera, etc. However, when I run the apps, they are all in English.

edit: nevermind. after rebooting the labels are all in english now.

Edited by andycanada

Some logs would help if you are stuck in a boot loop. If you have the android sdk installed then use ddms to view the phones logs and it should give an idea whats causing the problem. The only thing I can think of causing the problem is an app you have installed.

Do either of you have resized partitions from using TPT at some point?

No to the resized partitions.

As for the logs, I've gone back to r6 now, will the logs still be there? I guess not.

Also, could you give a quick idiots guide on how to retrieve them please. I'm a bit new to this but willing to give it a try.

Cheers... ;)

Guest Rotmann

Now this is FAAASSSSTTT!!! ;) And the battery life is at it's best, this ROM is stellar, you are a legend, thank you!

If there is interest I'll look at making a TPT version of this.

+1

Thanks a lot,

alpinestars

Wipe and flash again.

For those of us with dodgy hardware, a disable hardware acceleration addon would be appreciated!

Otherwise, good work ;)

You can do this in 30 seconds, no HW_UI add-on needed (search the forum, no need to hijack this thread).

Wipe and flash again.

No, I do not want to loose my data etc., is there any other chance to flash it over R6? I do not know how to support with a DDMS log, ddms.exe will not start on my machine (Win7) :-(