[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

SO glad to see this ROM back up and running. I think we've reached a point where this ROM has a huge place in the scheme of things. JapJelly is great but not so vanilla, Pauls MCR is again, great, but updates (understandably) and few and far between. This is the perfect ROM for most people I reckon, amazing to see you working on it again ;)

Installing now, I'll keep you posted on anything I find.

If I just want to change the battery icon to one which displays a numeric value what is the easiest way for me to do this on this ROM ? (Dont particularly want to go down the phone theme route - I just find the numeric battery indicator more informative).

Thanks ;)

(Rotmann @ Feb 2 2011, 15:46) *

Wipe and flash again.

No, I do not want to loose my data etc., is there any other chance to flash it over R6? :-(

Exactly, if we can avoid having to wipe that would be great.

Guest Rotmann
No, I do not want to loose my data etc., is there any other chance to flash it over R6? I do not know how to support with a DDMS log, ddms.exe will not start on my machine (Win7) :-(

Flash the fixed R6 over it and the R7 over it again, it should work. Didn't you backup before flashing? It's always recommended.

Guest punkmilitia

Fibblesama.

Thank you for this rom and all the support you have put into it, I used to use JJ8 but after thinking of changing rom because of battery drainage I decided i'd try yours and I am very glad I did! the battery is crazy good in comparison and not only that but it's also much faster than JJ in many ways, thanks again.

Nice FAST rom, Flibblesan. I have a problem now when running Beebplayer or Tvcatchup whereby there's either sound for a few seconds to start or , in the case of Tvcatchup, no sound at all. Is this just me ?

I've since installed r6 and that's the same - no sound.

Edited by willla

Try pressing the dictionary key. it'll crash.

Anyway I've uploaded the apk signed so it'll install. It's on the first page. Only useful if you don't need the dictionary function.

I always have used it with the dictionary key on, it's never crashed.

Guest eucurto
In which applications?

I mean in Settings - Language and Keyboard - Select language. You have Portugues (Portugal) and Portugues (Brasil) but they are exactly the same (Brasil). The (Portugal) option displays the device in (Brasil) language.

Sorry if i'm not clear..

Flash the fixed R6 over it and the R7 over it again, it should work. Didn't you backup before flashing? It's always recommended.

I always do a backup via clockworkmod. I manual fixed R6 some days before the fixed R6 was released. Maybe I will try to add first the fixed R6 and then the R7 ROM ...

Aaah got something. Can you add the Gingerbread notification icons for Gmail and Market in the Gingerbread pack, like on the latest version of Pauls MCR? Looks so much nicer ;) Other than that so far so good.

Update: Blimey, Gingerbread dialer too O.o I am very impressed by this. Like.... MEGA impressed. It's amazing what a break can do for development eh? ;)

Update: Ignore the original message. Rebooted and works okay now. How odd. Ah well, amazing work! No problems at all so far, and so freakin' fast!

Edited by jtc42

Nice work!

Removed the apps you suggested and it all went fine, added Gingerbread (circle battery) theme and apps from my backup.

Running very smooth.. Thanks!

just needs... Overclocking ;)

Guest knoedel

Great ROM! It runs really smooth.

The only thing I have trouble with is Google Listen. When I hit play the control buttons don’t show up and nothing is played. After killing the process and restarting Google Listen playback is sometimes possible. Flibblesan do you know what causes this problem and is there a workaround? Thanks for your help!

Must say, this release is amazing, my battery life is better !

Only minus atm, it seems to get hot, I checked it loads at 50% the android.com.core runs at 50% all the time been rebooting it 3 times with 5 minutes awaiting. Overall a great release, runs smooth, better battery life for me with this release and overall great responsivness.

I don't want to ask this but is it possible to oc, kernel for this rom, wish to play certain games, can't bear the 10fps, overclock gives me around 12+fps on the game I like.

Nice FAST rom, Flibblesan. I have a problem now when running Beebplayer or Tvcatchup whereby there's either sound for a few seconds to start or , in the case of Tvcatchup, no sound at all. Is this just me ?

Sorry, sorry sorry ! I've used the 'search' on this and I can see there is an inherent bug.

You say to delete two lib files, but what to use and how ? I've installed an app called super manager but it may not be the right one as I can't see anywhere in there to access the /system folder.

Thanks for this rom. Everything works fine.

I have noticed something since the first FBL-Froyo though - some of the icons in option menus (that pops up when clicking on menu button) for messaging app, home screen, email... are wrong.

In particular:

home screen - notification option has got an icon a key

messaging - compose option has got an icon of 2 heads

email - compose has an icon with a head and stop sign, refresh - icon of a key, account - icon of a dot

call log - a group of calls from 1 person has got an icon of a kissing green thing and when open the group - green thing with different sized eyes.

contacts - display option - icon of a dot.

so far that's it. ;) This is more on the aesthetic side but still worth mentioning.

Thanks for this rom. Everything works fine.

I have noticed something since the first FBL-Froyo though - some of the icons in option menus (that pops up when clicking on menu button) for messaging app, home screen, email... are wrong.

In particular:

home screen - notification option has got an icon a key - (Have a House Icon here

messaging - compose option has got an icon of 2 heads - text saying New Message - compose new message

email - compose has an icon with a head and stop sign, refresh - icon of a key, account - icon of a dot I dont use the app

call log - a group of calls from 1 person has got an icon of a kissing green thing and when open the group - green thing with different sized eyes. No such icon here

contacts - display option - icon of a dot. Yes get a grey dot with blueish centre

so far that's it. ;) This is more on the aesthetic side but still worth mentioning.

Installed fresh/wiped data

Guest Simon O

Sound works fine on TVCatchup here. I suspect you've edited the build.prop and enabled stagefright?

Guest Daimaah

Just checking... will I need the Saunalahti_ril.zip from FF (f.ex.) to enable data use for Saunalahti (which is "renting" Elisa network)? If so, is there any downsides to that such as losing your tweaks etc. due to replaced files?

Edit: Just tried it, with the ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.0.5, it's not possible to flash Saunalahti_ril.zip ;)

Edited by Daimaah

Maybe I will try to add first the fixed R6 and then the R7 ROM ...

Yah-hey! That worked for me too.

Excellent, fully r7'ed up and looking good.

Thanks again, Flibble... ;)

Guest Simon O

Daimaah: I'll take a look at the fix and get it working with the new clockwork.

Everyone else: I found a couple of bugs which I'm uploading a patch for. Firstly wpa_supplicant was the wrong binary that isn't fixed and secondly I updated GoogleServicesFramework and forgot about the google sign-in bug. The patch will also replace some system apps that did not have translations too.

Guest Simon O
Just checking... will I need the Saunalahti_ril.zip from FF (f.ex.) to enable data use for Saunalahti (which is "renting" Elisa network)? If so, is there any downsides to that such as losing your tweaks etc. due to replaced files?

Edit: Just tried it, with the ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.0.5, it's not possible to flash Saunalahti_ril.zip ;)

Ok this should work with clockwork 3

saunalahti_ril.zip