[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest Matthew Ferguson

Is there any way to remove the reboot option from the power menu? If it's easier, I could replace the files from r6 if you told me which ones are needed?

edit: I've replaced framework.jar, android.policy.jar and framework-res.apk with the versions from R6, and this seems to have fixed the problem. Will this have any negative implications?

Edited by Matthew Ferguson

Two questions that I have after some use of this fine ROM:

- phone (dialler): when tapping on the keys (numbers), the 2.1 version was also getting contacts from the contacts. This one "only" shows numbers and not hits from the contacts. Am I missing something here? I need to go to Contacts tab and do a search there.

- I'm not being able to acquire position when using weather widget (news and weather?). Anyone else came across this one? Got position when GPS was enabled though. But without it, nothing.

And this is about it. Still lowing it ;)

Cheers.

Guest Matthew Ferguson
Two questions that I have after some use of this fine ROM:

- phone (dialler): when tapping on the keys (numbers), the 2.1 version was also getting contacts from the contacts. This one "only" shows numbers and not hits from the contacts. Am I missing something here? I need to go to Contacts tab and do a search there.

- I'm not being able to acquire position when using weather widget (news and weather?). Anyone else came across this one? Got position when GPS was enabled though. But without it, nothing.

And this is about it. Still lowing it ;)

Cheers.

The feature you mention is called Smart Dialing, it's not present in this rom/the stock dialer. Try Dialer One from the Android Market, it has the feature you're missing.

Ding ding. Thanks a lot!

EDIT: And solved the locations problem by simply enabling settings - Location & security - Use Wireless Networks. Don't know how I manage to forget this one...

Edited by zuti

hello flibblesan, how to get the zte animation back? maybe not the best, but at least not as fancy as the nexus animation... and we both know that it's almost impossible to satisfy everybody ^^

Guest Matthew Ferguson
hello flibblesan, how to get the zte animation back? maybe not the best, but at least not as fancy as the nexus animation... and we both know that it's almost impossible to satisfy everybody ^^

There are 2 ways to do this, one of which requires using the terminal emulator and having root explorer, which is a bit tricky. The easier way I'll explain here.

1. Download both R7a and the older R6

2. Go into the R6 zip, go into system, then go into media, and copy the file called bootanimation.zip

3. Unzip the R7a file.

4. Copy and overwrite the bootanimation.zip file from R7a with the one from R6.

5. Rezip the R7a file, flash and enjoy ;)

hi, i am wondering how can i get htc_ime keyboard, since i dont like so much gingerbread one

and what are gingerbread themes pack, i dont know really where to look for that answer on my own. thank you ;)

Guest Matthew Ferguson
hi, i am wondering how can i get htc_ime keyboard, since i dont like so much gingerbread one

and what are gingerbread themes pack, i dont know really where to look for that answer on my own. thank you ;)

You'll find them here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-for-the-blade/

Make sure you use the version for 2.2. Just unzip the file, copy the 2 .apk files to your SD card, and just install them using filer. The reason there's 2 is that one is the actual keyboard, whereas clicker.apk is the calibration tool to make the keyboard work better.

Any other issues, just refer to the forum and the instructions at the top for the page I've linked you to.

Edited by Matthew Ferguson

Guest DECEiFER

Hi. I flashed my phone from r6 -> r7 -> r7a with the Gingerbread theme, all in one go. I cannot get into the Market store, it closes unexpectedly. Rebooting and power-cycling the phone has had no effect.

The error is as follows:

The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Anyone else got this, and is there a way to fix it without going through a full r7a flash after wiping?

Edited by DECEiFER

Guest Matthew Ferguson
Hi. I flashed my phone from R6 -> R7 -> R7a with the Gingerbread theme, all in one go. I cannot get into the Market store, it closes unexpectedly. Rebooting and power-cycling the phone has had no effect.

The error is as follows:

Anyone else got this, and is there a way to fix it without going through a full R7a flash after wiping?

You're not meant to flash everything all in one go. Try flashing JUST the R7a zip, without wiping, and see if that works. If so, wait until you've rebooted the phone before trying to install the gingerbread theme. If this doesn't work, you may need to wipe the phone.

Guest DECEiFER

Haha, I said I'd risk it. I had a feeling that was the issue, which is why I specified it, but was hoping for something else. ;)

Will try in a moment and post back.

You'll find them here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-for-the-blade/

Make sure you use the version for 2.2. Just unzip the file, copy the 2 .apk files to your SD card, and just install them using filer. The reason there's 2 is that one is the actual keyboard, whereas clicker.apk is the calibration tool to make the keyboard work better.

Any other issues, just refer to the forum and the instructions at the top for the page I've linked you to.

thank you for your help and quick answer ;)

i have one question. so when i download gingerbread themes pack i install it via clockwerk, the same way as i install rom? without wiping cache/factory reset? and will there be several themes that i will be able to choose like wallpapers?

and one interesting thing. internet (mobile internet) never worked on my blade via default browser. i find that really odd, i must always go on market and download dolphin browser.

and i couldnt connect on my wifi at home even before, maybe because of security? but still i insert password and it obtains ip and all but it just doesnt work. on open wifi's internet is working.

hm and for gps... do i have to be in some larger cities or what, here where i am ( and i am not in the middle of nowhere ) gps cant locate my position.

Edited by cevcko

Guest Qwertzycoatl
embarrassing question for my GF (honestly!) how can i backup angry birds save before flashing to the new rom?

Tell your "GF" you can apparently use This App to back up ;)

Is it just me or is the screen res different in this rom?

There are 2 ways to do this, ... The easier way I'll explain here.

1. ... 2. ... 3. ... 4. ... 5. ....

thanks for the explanation. i just opened both files with a compression program, navigated in both to /system/media/ and draged and droped the bootanimation.zip-file

btw. the reboot option doesnt work for me. the screen stays on the phone option dialog and the touchscreen and buttons just stop responding while the network and battery indicator still change, the clock as well. only the power switch change the display light on and off.

Edited by ladiko

Could I ask a favor please? If you need to use the rom in another language could you please make a post with the language you need and the applications that are not translated. I'll work on this during the week and try to get an update out by next week with fully translated apps.

It seems Hungarian (Magyar) is missing from all the apps.

irrespective of data switch widget .

This is the best ROM . I don't understand why people use JJ RLS.

Everytime i install JJ RLS i come back to this.

Not only is this faster it also has much better battery life.

Kudos to fibblesan. keep up the good work

Guest x.balli.x

hmmmm wierd, i know lots of people had this , but when pattern lock is on 'Phone is Sim network subset locked' .....and it happend after i updated to R7a.....any solution?

Edited by x.balli.x

Guest Blasphemous
This is the best ROM . I don't understand why people use JJ RLS.

Everytime i install JJ RLS i come back to this.

Well you keep trying JJ, perhaps it's the same reason.

one more change i noticed, on R6 when you press menu button it waked up the phone, but its not like this on R7a ( not complaining, just saying)

First page..

Changes

- Rom fully resigned using correct combination of platform, shared, test and media keys

- Custom FLB kernel providing CIFS, TUN, EXT4 support and performance tweaks

- Power button reboot option and app by Paul O'Brien

- Facebook & Twitter contact sync fully working

- Stock Android dialer with caller ID fixes

- Stock system apps from Android 2.2.1

- Android Keyboard from Gingerbread

- Sound Recorder icon fixed

- Extra notification and ringtones from Nexus S

- HSDPA icon enabled

- Hardware Acceleration enabled

- Nexus Boot Animation

- Menu button unlock disabled etc...